More on SRAM's new road group

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by D'ohBoy, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. Doug Taylor wrote:
    > On 6 Apr 2006 05:23:28 -0700, "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/features/sram_road_launch

    >
    > So, when will these components be available on the market? Couldn't
    > find anything via google. I'm in the market for a cassette and chain
    > effective immediately. Anybody know? TIA


    OEM only until mid 2007 is what I hear..probably in the 2007 supplier
    catalogs but I suspect groups available 2008 model year starting in
    October or so 2007...
     


  2. Doug Taylor

    Doug Taylor Guest

    On 17 Apr 2006 05:31:37 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/features/sram_road_launch

    >>
    >> So, when will these components be available on the market? Couldn't
    >> find anything via google. I'm in the market for a cassette and chain
    >> effective immediately. Anybody know? TIA

    >
    >OEM only until mid 2007 is what I hear..probably in the 2007 supplier
    >catalogs but I suspect groups available 2008 model year starting in
    >October or so 2007...


    Rats. Guess that means IRD again, not that they are bad IME, but I
    really don't need a 28.

    So, did you get a chance to take apart and play with the levers yet?
    How serviceable are they? And, once SRAM go into full retail sales,
    how easily available will the parts be to repair and service them, do
    you think?
     
  3. Hank Wirtz

    Hank Wirtz Guest

    Doug Taylor wrote:

    >Rats. Guess that means IRD again, not that they are bad IME, but I
    >really don't need a 28.


    Try a Miche?

    http://tinyurl.com/j753w

    I've got a 9s Campy one and it's cheap and shifts well. In the 10s
    Shimanos, there're lots of available ratios, from 11-23 up to 12-27.
     
  4. Doug Taylor wrote:
    > On 17 Apr 2006 05:31:37 -0700, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> >http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/features/sram_road_launch
    > >>
    > >> So, when will these components be available on the market? Couldn't
    > >> find anything via google. I'm in the market for a cassette and chain
    > >> effective immediately. Anybody know? TIA

    > >
    > >OEM only until mid 2007 is what I hear..probably in the 2007 supplier
    > >catalogs but I suspect groups available 2008 model year starting in
    > >October or so 2007...

    >
    > Rats. Guess that means IRD again, not that they are bad IME, but I
    > really don't need a 28.
    >
    > So, did you get a chance to take apart and play with the levers yet?
    > How serviceable are they? And, once SRAM go into full retail sales,
    > how easily available will the parts be to repair and service them, do
    > you think?


    I guy is supposed to leave us his spare bike so we can take one
    apart..as soon as we do, I'll report. Sram these days seem really good
    at this type of thing, replacement small parts, with MTB stuff, so
    hopefully it'll continue.
     
  5. dvt

    dvt Guest

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

    > Sram these days seem really good
    > at this type of thing, replacement small parts, with MTB stuff, so
    > hopefully it'll continue.


    One anecdote to the contrary... I want a cable anchor for my SRAM 7
    speed internal gear hub. It's a part that would probably cost about a US
    dollar. But they don't supply that part; they only sell the entire
    shifter/cable/clickbox assembly for something like $35-40.

    --
    Dave
    dvt at psu dot edu
     
  6. Jerm

    Jerm Guest

    Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
    > Doug Taylor wrote:
    > > On 6 Apr 2006 05:23:28 -0700, "D'ohBoy" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/features/sram_road_launch

    > >
    > > So, when will these components be available on the market? Couldn't
    > > find anything via google. I'm in the market for a cassette and chain
    > > effective immediately. Anybody know? TIA

    >
    > OEM only until mid 2007 is what I hear..probably in the 2007 supplier
    > catalogs but I suspect groups available 2008 model year starting in
    > October or so 2007...

    I still don't see bikes with Sram components on Orbea's site
    http://www.orbea-usa.com/
    _pathetic_
     
  7. Hank Wirtz

    Hank Wirtz Guest

    "Jerm" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >
    > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:


    >> OEM only until mid 2007 is what I hear..probably in the 2007 supplier
    >> catalogs but I suspect groups available 2008 model year starting in
    >> October or so 2007...

    > I still don't see bikes with Sram components on Orbea's site
    > http://www.orbea-usa.com/
    > _pathetic_
    >


    Well, the website does say that it's their 2005 line...so I think that the
    lack of updates it what's pathetic.
     
Loading...
Loading...