More on tubeless

Continental 2018 road tire product range:

"Clinchers
if you're reading this it's highly likely you're more interested in clincher tyres as opposed to tubular tyres for their ease of use. Continental doesn't currently produce tubeless tyres and that's unlikely to change for a while."

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/223746-your-guide-continentals-2018-road-bike-tyre-range

"Guess what I just discovered"

This...

upload_2018-9-3_10-4-50.jpeg

Still...

Continental 2018 road tire product range:

"Clinchers
if you're reading this it's highly likely you're more interested in clincher tyres as opposed to tubular tyres for their ease of use. Continental doesn't currently produce tubeless tyres and that's unlikely to change for a while."

https://road.cc/content/buyers-guide/223746-your-guide-continentals-2018-road-bike-tyre-range

"Guess what I just discovered"

This...

View attachment 3154

Still...
Where there are a half dozen tires on the market with better performance and lower rolling resistance and tubeless what in the hell doesn't it matter if you're to F-ing blockheaded that you want to stick with a brand rather than the best performing tire?

We cannot help it if you're a sharp as a marble.

Keep lying. Keep changing your story. Keep being the moron that you are.

I'll keep laughing at your dumb ass.

Now go tell the world how riding without a helmet is as safe as riding with one.

Then tell them how the dopers aren't really cheating!

Tell the masses how carbon fiber is unsafe.

Oh wait. You already did all that. And more.

Opinions like yours are like the proverbial asshole that everyone has.

They stink.

You're a dumb **** and probably always will be one. You fit right in with the idiots that are certain Simple Green dissolves chains and the same bozos that state over and over again that a Campy UltraTorque crankset can be ridden with a 1 MM "air Gap" between the spindle half-shafts.

****ing morons like you are the cannon fodder of cycling.

You're a dumb **** and probably always will be one. You fit right in with the idiots that are certain Simple Green dissolves chains and the same bozos that state over and over again that a Campy UltraTorque crankset can be ridden with a 1 MM "air Gap" between the spindle half-shafts.

YOU KNOW THE TUNE ...

Bob, Bob, Bob ...
BOB ERROR MAN!
Bob, Bob, Bob ...
BOB ERROR MA-A-AN ...
He's an also ra-a-an ...
He thinks he's rockin'and a rollin' ...

And, rockin' and a reelin' ...
But, he's just BOB ERROR MAN.
The great irony is that due to CAMPYBOB's poor literacy he has interpreted what I wrote 180º from what I stated ...

In brief, I realized that the ideal Q-FACTOR for an Ultra Torque crankset is only 144mm and not the 145mm stenciled on the crank arms ...

THAT can be determined by simply piecing the two halves together when the crank is NOT installed in a Bottom Bracket shell & measuring the Q-FACTOR.

MY Ultra Torque cranks are set up with a Q-FACTOR of
144mm.

I did need to insert a FLATTENED Wavy Washer in the Italian UT cups on my C40 to take up the "slack" because the faces of the BB shell are not FLAT & consequently allowed the cups to nest slightly inside (i.e., the net width was apparently 69mm) ...

I have NOT attempted to mount a UT crank in my Olmo ...

Inserting/Using the WAVY WASHER in a 68.00mm wide English threaded BB shell will result in a 145mm Q-FACTOR which will also result in the "1 MM 'air gap'" that CAMPYBOB's Ultra Torque crank is apparently spaced with!

In other words, CAMPYBOB is the "bozo" who is apparently riding around with a "1 MM 'air gap'" in his UT crank installation!

As previously stated, as soon as a HIRTH COUPLING is not completely meshed, the two halves are essentially a pair of gears ... gears can be stripped ... or, in the case of CAMPYBOB's Record crankset, the wobbling resulted in one of his spindles fracturing.

Well! If it isn't another moron! Welcome to the party, dumbass.

Go re-read all TEN pages of your idiocy, dipshit. We're still laughing at your dumb ass over that epic bit of braindead posting.

'If' the Hirth joint is NOT completely drawn together yo are going to crash in very short order, ****stick. The bolt will snap and you will be on your ass.

Literally, it is IMPOSSIBLE to ride an UltraTorque crankset with a 1 MM "air gap" separating the half shafts you ****ing moron. You're a retard of the highest order, Alf, but you're getting some competition so keep bringing your 'A' game to the forum, nimrod.

Talk about bozo's, we now have a matching pair of retards in the thread.

upload_2018-9-3_19-20-52.jpeg

"...or, in the case of CAMPYBOB's Record crankset, the wobbling resulted in one of his spindles fracturing."

No, you ****ing clueless retard. NONE of my spindles ever fractured, you lying piece of ****.

Go re-read all TEN pages of your idiocy, dipshit. We're still laughing at your dumb ass over that epic bit of braindead posting.

'If' the Hirth joint is NOT completely drawn together yo are going to crash in very short order, ****stick. The bolt will snap and you will be on your ass.

Literally, it is IMPOSSIBLE to ride an UltraTorque crankset with a 1 MM "air gap" separating the half shafts you ****ing moron. You're a retard of the highest order, Alf, but you're getting some competition so keep bringing your 'A' game to the forum, nimrod.
You say things which indicate that you EITHER do not know what the Q-FACTOR is OR simply do not know how to measure it ...

YOU really need to pause & do the arithmetic ...

IF 144.0mm is the "ideal" Q-FACTOR (as is easily measured when the two halves are properly joined when NOT installed in a frame) ...

AND, your UT crank(s) have a Q-FACTOR of 145.0mm (+/-) THEN you have added ~1.0mm by way of the addition of the WAVY WASHER ...

ANY Q-FACTOR on a Campagnolo UT crankset which is greater than 144.0mm means that the two halves are NOT secured as well as they can be.​

"...or, in the case of CAMPYBOB's Record crankset, the wobbling resulted in one of his spindles fracturing."

No, you ****ing clueless retard. NONE of my spindles ever fractured, you lying piece of ****.
REALLY?

Well, EITHER you posted the picture of someone else's Record UT spindle OR you simply don't remember.​

YOU really need to pause & do the arithmetic ...

No. You REALLY need to actually LEARN how an UltraTorque crankset is assembled.

It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to adjust the Q-factor, you blithering idiot. You've been told that by several of us multiple times and yet your ignorance STILL will not permit that foreign thought to sink in and register.

The assembly bolt is either tight and at spec or it is loose. If, by the very real chance that you are the complete ****ing dolt that you appear to be and do run off with the bolt loose you will quickly be kissing the asphalt when the bolt and/or spindle does snap and one or both crank arms come off the bike.

In which case I will applaud your continuing stupidity and submit a copy of your death certificate to Darwin.

Well, EITHER you posted the picture of someone else's Record UT spindle OR you simply don't remember.

It's obvious YOU are the ****ing moron with zero memory cells functioning. That would perfectly match the lack of ANY functioning brain cells left between your ears. Congratulations on a perfect track record. Try not to **** that one up too.

Keep lying. Keep changing your story. Keep being the moron that you are.

I'll keep laughing at your dumb ass.

Now go tell the world how riding without a helmet is as safe as riding with one.

Then tell them how the dopers aren't really cheating!

Tell the masses how carbon fiber is unsafe.

Oh wait. You already did all that. And more.

Opinions like yours are like the proverbial asshole that everyone has.

They stink.

I don't need to have an opinion. The tire rolling resistance tests are out there for everyone to see. You're the one that believes that he is winning, oh wait, coming in second, to the pork rib eating champion, because he has such a great setup.

You're the one pulling some "1 mm air gap" out of thin air because you think that you're famous and everyone should know what you're talking about.

Got news for you Dr. Who-the-hell-are-you; nobody cares about your opinions unless you're asked for them. And nobody ever asks because you're too busy talking to let them.

Talk about bozo's, we now have a matching pair of retards in the thread.

View attachment 3155
Unlike you I actually talked to Continental. They presently have tubeless road tires under development and expect to have them in the stores next spring. We realize that you have a difficult time thinking after being defeated by the Pork Rib Eating Champion but the rest of the world doesn't really have your problems. The pork rib eating champion that beat you was probably riding tubeless tires.

You're the one pulling some "1 mm air gap" out of thin air because you think that you're famous and everyone should know what you're talking about.

No, you dumb ****ing no reading moron twin to Alf. That was Alf The Ignorant that came up with that retarded ********. I'ld tell you to read all 10 pages of his insanity, but it's become painfully obvious that you can't even mange reading comprehension 101 as evidenced by your reply to Zipp yesterday.

Some people are on this planet solely to serve as bad examples to others. You're one of them. Alf is another. Congratulations for being in such fine company, Bozo.

Unlike you I actually talked to Continental. They presently have tubeless road tires under development and expect to have them in the stores next spring.

Fanfuckingtastic. Which does nothing to make your lies into truth.

Welcome to Alf's fantasy world, dipshit.

I don't need to have an opinion.

...and yet you do. Stupid ones. Like your 'opinion' regarding helmets. Moron. Or Zipp not having ridden for 40 days! LMFAO! What a moron! Or tires. Or carbon fiber. Just admit it. Your 'opinions' suck. You're just another of life's dumbasses spouting ******** tale after ******** tale interspersed with lies. In other words, you're Alf's long lost brother. The dumber one, if that's humanly possible.

Campybob gets more hilarious by the minute. It's like listening to those "protesters" that are marching outside of Judge Kavanaugh's hearing chanting "We want healthcare". Like you, we'd expect them to get a job and buy their own but that's not likely to be the case and until the day he gets run over by a little old lady on her electric bike Campy Bob will think he's fast.

"Fast" is a relative term.

And I'm faster than you. Put up or shut up. Oh...that's right. You've got nothing. Nothing except ******** 'opinions'. You and Alf make a great pair.

Here's a typical tubeless dweeb for ya.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyTyjQbvylg

"Fast" is a relative term.

And I'm faster than you. Put up or shut up. Oh...that's right. You've got nothing. Nothing except ******** 'opinions'. You and Alf make a great pair.

Here's a typical tubeless dweeb for ya.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyTyjQbvylg
What was that "proof" again? Standing on the second step of some sort of award ceremony at some local club race? Not only second but second to the Pork Rib Eating Champion? May you proved you are fast but that picture of you going around a corner. All alone and probably off-the-back.

I'm not fast and never claimed to be. I don't think that "being fast" shows anything but that amateur riders have a totally misplace sense of values. It's pretty clear you have. I suggest some more BBQ'd pork ribs so that you can stand on the TOP step of a race in nowhere.

You know something, ****wad? If I posted a picture of me with a participation trophy from a Mattel Big Wheel race it would still be a thousand times better result than anything you've posted, ********.

All you have is a big mouth and some retarded opinions on every subject under the sun.

Put up or shut up, moron.

C'mom, asswipe. Show us what you've done. I'll post some more pics.

Tommy says"
"I'm not fast and never claimed to be. "

Tommy says:
"I can hold around 600 watts for 20 minutes and I'm almost 74."

You're ****ing insane. It's taken awhile, but FINALLY someone has topped Alf in the mental defective department.

You know something, ****wad? If I posted a picture of me with a participation trophy from a Mattel Big Wheel race it would still be a thousand times better result than anything you've posted, ********.

All you have is a big mouth and some retarded opinions on every subject under the sun.

Put up or shut up, moron.

C'mom, asswipe. Show us what you've done. I'll post some more pics.
It seems like every time you post your showing more and more mental illness. Your idea of being a "good rider" is being faster than someone else. And from the pictures you posted your idea of fast is managing to finish the race on the same lap as the leader. Not to mention your pride at coming in second to the pork rib eating champion.

Tommy says:
"I can hold around 600 watts for 20 minutes and I'm almost 74."

No you can't. Liar.