More on tubeless

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by cyclintom, Aug 27, 2018.

1. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

LOL! C'mon Steve! YOU can do it! BTW, that quote is from: https://www.cyclingforums.com/threads/do-i-have-potential.463931/

I've seen a couple of Jens Vight's power files from his most awesome punches off the front of the peloton and if Jen's could have held 600 Watts for just FIVE MINUTES he would have gone clear every time. Lance, in all his rocket fueled glory couldn't hold that kind of power.

Here's one of Jen's files: https://www.velonews.com/2012/08/an...-file-stage-4-of-the-usa-pro-challenge_235832

"Voigt’s functional threshold power (FTP) at sea level is around 420-440W" cyclintom should be able to crush Jens without breaking a sweat!

Tom claims his weight to be 180 pounds. That's 81.6466 Kg. 600 Watts at that weight is 7.349 Watts/Kg!!!! Holy Mother of holding a sprint for 20 minutes, Batman!

Every word out of Tom's mouth is BS.

And I thought Alf and his "1 MM air gap" while riding an UltraTorque crank was physically impossible!

I can't figure out for the life of me why some folks choose to live in an altered state of reality, but to preach pure, unadulterated horse manure to some newbie on a "Do I Have Potential" thread? Insanity.

To further claim, "And 20 minutes of 600 watts is 200 watts below top end senior racers who can hold that output for long periods of time and not 20 minutes in case you're unaware of it.", is way, way, WAY beyond fantasy. 800 Watts? For any sustained effort? That's nutzy cuckoo.

I've raced against a few of the fastest masters in the country. None of them can hold 800 Watts for more that a short attack and 7.3 Watts/Kg? That's the stuff of dreams, baby!

I'll stand patiently by to read some more BS.

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

GO FIGURE ...

It is becoming more-and-more clear that despite what he has proclaimed-or-suggested in the past that either CAMPYBOB may never have had any Ultra Torque cranksets on his own bikes or if he did-or-does that he must not do his own wrenching (NOTHING wrong with letting someone else wrench on one's bike IF a person has limitations ...) or I am correct in observing that CAMPYBOB does not know how to measure a crankset's Q-FACTOR ...

Once more ... here's the reality:

• the easily measurable Q-Factor for an Ultra Torque crankset is 144.5 millimeters
    • the WAVY WASHER has an apparent width of approximately 1 millimeter
      • I have NOT bothered to actually measure a WAVY WASHER since I have only used a flattened WAVY WASHER in one application since it was the correct width for the particular installation
    • however, the silk-screened number at the end of the crankarm is 145.5 millimeters; and, that's the inevitable installation dimension when the WAVY WASHER is included in the installation of UT BB cups on an English threaded shell which is 68.00 millimeters wide (68.00 millemeters is the theoretical "ideal" specification for the width of an English threaded of a perfectly faced BB English threaded BB shell)

Here's the non-Orwellian arithmetic:
    144.5 + 1 == 145.5
    Yikes!?!

If MY Ultra Torque cranks are installed where the Q-FACTOR is 144.5mm and the Ultra Torque cranks which CAMPYBOB claims to have are installed where the Q-FACTOR is 145.5mm, then who has added the "1 MM air gap" to their crank?
    YIKES!

That's right, it's BOB ERROR MAN who is living with the "1 MM air gap" in his UT crank installations & (possibly) a larger "air gap" between his ears.

3. CAMPYBOB

For God's sake, Alf, stop acting like a complete moron. If it were possible to ride more 50' with your crank half shafts not in full engagement and the bolt tight they would wobble to the point you could even pedal and quickly snap either the bolt or the axle half from stresses they were never designed to withstand.

Seriously. You are a dipshit moron. Just STFU and go away.

4. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

SERIOUSLY ...

Get back to us AFTER you learn how to measure the Q-FACTOR on the Ultra Torque cranksets which you claim to have on your bikes ...

AND, tell us what you measure an Ultra Torque's Q-FACTOR to be when the two halves of the Hirth Coupling are properly joined together.

5. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

It's always nice to know that an ADMINISTRATOR of this group is so stupid.

And AVERAGE rider can hold 600-800 watts.
    A Tour Pro 1200-1400 watts

My being able to hold 600 watts on flat ground for 20 minutes is not unusual at all and you can read this out of any training manual.

This is what I was saying - the pros do not even sign on here because of the abject ignorance. Within 5 seconds of a pro Tour mechanic saying something some jackass like CampyBob would tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Hasta la Vista

6. CAMPYBOB

"It's always nice to know that an ADMINISTRATOR of this group is so stupid."

Steve is not stupid. He just spent a few months racing in Belgium. Not his first rodeo over there. The only stupid people on this thread are you and Alf.

"And AVERAGE rider can hold 600-800 watts."

Nope. A well conditioned cyclist can hold it for perhaps a minute.

"A Tour Pro 1200-1400 watts"

The better Pro Tour sprinter can hit that for seconds. Not even a minute.

"My being able to hold 600 watts on flat ground for 20 minutes is not unusual at all and you can read this out of any training manual."

No. You can NOT hold 600 Watts for 20 minutes over ANY terrain. You're lying. You know. We know it. Anyone with a power meter knows it.

"This is what I was saying - the pros do not even sign on here because of the abject ignorance. Within 5 seconds of a pro Tour mechanic saying something some jackass like CampyBob would tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about."

Go tighten the loose nut on your handlebars that move when you hit a bump. Then go tighten the nut that sits on your seat.