More on tubeless

LOL! C'mon Steve! YOU can do it! BTW, that quote is from: https://www.cyclingforums.com/threads/do-i-have-potential.463931/

I've seen a couple of Jens Vight's power files from his most awesome punches off the front of the peloton and if Jen's could have held 600 Watts for just FIVE MINUTES he would have gone clear every time. Lance, in all his rocket fueled glory couldn't hold that kind of power.

Here's one of Jen's files: https://www.velonews.com/2012/08/an...-file-stage-4-of-the-usa-pro-challenge_235832

"Voigt’s functional threshold power (FTP) at sea level is around 420-440W" cyclintom should be able to crush Jens without breaking a sweat!

Tom claims his weight to be 180 pounds. That's 81.6466 Kg. 600 Watts at that weight is 7.349 Watts/Kg!!!! Holy Mother of holding a sprint for 20 minutes, Batman!

Every word out of Tom's mouth is BS.

And I thought Alf and his "1 MM air gap" while riding an UltraTorque crank was physically impossible!

I can't figure out for the life of me why some folks choose to live in an altered state of reality, but to preach pure, unadulterated horse manure to some newbie on a "Do I Have Potential" thread? Insanity.

To further claim, "And 20 minutes of 600 watts is 200 watts below top end senior racers who can hold that output for long periods of time and not 20 minutes in case you're unaware of it.", is way, way, WAY beyond fantasy. 800 Watts? For any sustained effort? That's nutzy cuckoo.

I've raced against a few of the fastest masters in the country. None of them can hold 800 Watts for more that a short attack and 7.3 Watts/Kg? That's the stuff of dreams, baby!

I'll stand patiently by to read some more BS.

And I thought Alf and his "1 MM air gap" while riding an UltraTorque crank was physically impossible!

I can't figure out for the life of me why some folks choose to live in an altered state of reality ...
GO FIGURE ...

It is becoming more-and-more clear that despite what he has proclaimed-or-suggested in the past that either CAMPYBOB may never have had any Ultra Torque cranksets on his own bikes or if he did-or-does that he must not do his own wrenching (NOTHING wrong with letting someone else wrench on one's bike IF a person has limitations ...) or I am correct in observing that CAMPYBOB does not know how to measure a crankset's Q-FACTOR ...

Once more ... here's the reality:

• the easily measurable Q-Factor for an Ultra Torque crankset is 144.5 millimeters
  • the WAVY WASHER has an apparent width of approximately 1 millimeter
    • I have NOT bothered to actually measure a WAVY WASHER since I have only used a flattened WAVY WASHER in one application since it was the correct width for the particular installation
  • however, the silk-screened number at the end of the crankarm is 145.5 millimeters; and, that's the inevitable installation dimension when the WAVY WASHER is included in the installation of UT BB cups on an English threaded shell which is 68.00 millimeters wide (68.00 millemeters is the theoretical "ideal" specification for the width of an English threaded of a perfectly faced BB English threaded BB shell)

Here's the non-Orwellian arithmetic:
144.5 + 1 == 145.5
Yikes!?!

If MY Ultra Torque cranks are installed where the Q-FACTOR is 144.5mm and the Ultra Torque cranks which CAMPYBOB claims to have are installed where the Q-FACTOR is 145.5mm, then who has added the "1 MM air gap" to their crank?
YIKES!

That's right, it's BOB ERROR MAN who is living with the "1 MM air gap" in his UT crank installations & (possibly) a larger "air gap" between his ears.

For God's sake, Alf, stop acting like a complete moron. If it were possible to ride more 50' with your crank half shafts not in full engagement and the bolt tight they would wobble to the point you could even pedal and quickly snap either the bolt or the axle half from stresses they were never designed to withstand.

Seriously. You are a dipshit moron. Just STFU and go away.

For God's sake, Alf, stop acting like a complete moron. If it were possible to ride more 50' with your crank half shafts not in full engagement and the bolt tight they would wobble to the point you could even pedal and quickly snap either the bolt or the axle half from stresses they were never designed to withstand.

Seriously. You are a dipshit moron. Just STFU and go away.
SERIOUSLY ...

Get back to us AFTER you learn how to measure the Q-FACTOR on the Ultra Torque cranksets which you claim to have on your bikes ...

AND, tell us what you measure an Ultra Torque's Q-FACTOR to be when the two halves of the Hirth Coupling are properly joined together.

Nobody can do that.
It's always nice to know that an ADMINISTRATOR of this group is so stupid.

And AVERAGE rider can hold 600-800 watts.
A Tour Pro 1200-1400 watts

My being able to hold 600 watts on flat ground for 20 minutes is not unusual at all and you can read this out of any training manual.

This is what I was saying - the pros do not even sign on here because of the abject ignorance. Within 5 seconds of a pro Tour mechanic saying something some jackass like CampyBob would tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Hasta la Vista

"It's always nice to know that an ADMINISTRATOR of this group is so stupid."

Steve is not stupid. He just spent a few months racing in Belgium. Not his first rodeo over there. The only stupid people on this thread are you and Alf.

"And AVERAGE rider can hold 600-800 watts."

Nope. A well conditioned cyclist can hold it for perhaps a minute.

"A Tour Pro 1200-1400 watts"

The better Pro Tour sprinter can hit that for seconds. Not even a minute.

"My being able to hold 600 watts on flat ground for 20 minutes is not unusual at all and you can read this out of any training manual."

No. You can NOT hold 600 Watts for 20 minutes over ANY terrain. You're lying. You know. We know it. Anyone with a power meter knows it.

"This is what I was saying - the pros do not even sign on here because of the abject ignorance. Within 5 seconds of a pro Tour mechanic saying something some jackass like CampyBob would tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about."

Go tighten the loose nut on your handlebars that move when you hit a bump. Then go tighten the nut that sits on your seat.

Saturday in the group I was riding with we were passing my house just as my stem became loose. I stopped at home to pick another bike out of the stable and then took off in pursuit after about 20 minutes. There are 10 stop lights and at least that number of stop signs that I had to at least slow down for before I got to the coffee shop.

At the moment I weight 185 lbs and the bike I took was the Pinarello that with a full water bottle weighs another 26 lbs. My clothing adds about 6 lbs including shoes, glasses, wallet, phone etc. for a total of 217 lbs. The tires are Michelin Pro4 Endurance which have about 14 watts of rolling resistance apiece. That is 28 watts, though those were 25 mm tires in the test and mine are 28's. (Also I was riding on tires that hadn't been pumped up in several days from 80 psi to begin with)

There was a 20 mph head wind blowing all the way varied a little by the lefts and rights but always nearly dead into the wind. Also I was riding in the real world so the bike was not being held in an aerodynamic position but was being shaken back and forth with each pedal stroke.

I ride in a semi-upright posture which is normally described as "on the tops". I am 6'4" tall and 2' wide at the shoulders and ride 44 cm (17+") wide bars. This gives me an approximate frontal area with NO aerodynamics whatsoever of 0.6 sq meters and a coefficient of drag of 1.15 for an effective frontal area of 0.7 sq meters.

It was 10 miles to the coffee shop. I warmed up for approximately a mile, kicked it up to a constant 20 mph with rises falling to 19 and drops to 21. For the final 1/2 mile I dropped down to cool off for the final distance into the coffee shop. There were several spots when I overtook people or groups where I had to slow down a bit before passing on the busy road. I had to stop at every one of the stop lights. I passed every single "fast guy" including groups.

I had an average speed at the end of that of 15.44 mph The power output because of the wind and the intermittency of the power due to the stop signs and lights makes it impossible to measure real power output.

Tell us Bob - what do you have in your wallet? Aside from smarmy ********?

For those interested in comparing my performance to something take a look at this. Now I only rode near peak for 8.5 miles or so. I was riding in my comfort zone and I had to stop and reaccelerate several times. 5 times for certain and I can't remember the other several lights where I might have only had to slow down. On one of them I normally make a fast right turn because there's a bike lane I'm pulling into but there are also double-semi trucks pulling through that light that are often on a course for brushing that bike lane and I either slow to a stop or almost.

In any case I have a much larger frontal area than most racers and little to no streamlining in the way of bars etc.

Yet this 10 plus a little miles was completed in 38 minutes.

http://www.cyclingpowerlab.com/cyclingpoweroutput.aspx

So the forum mediator's comments about "nobody can do that" is questionable to say the least. And Campybob is jumping up and down and crying with jealousy. Apparently beating someone into second to the Pork Chop Eating Champion isn't glory enough for him.:D

Shut the **** up. You're a ****ing liar.

You NEVER held 600 Watts for 20 Minutes, let alone an hour. Not once in your miserable, lying life.

Again, Unless your name is Jens Voigt, one of the most powerful and explosive riders in the peloton of doped riders and also gifted with world class endurance and stamina...you are NOT making 400 Watts for 10 minutes. Period.

Jens_Stage_4_victory.png

World class champion track sprinter Robert Forster can NOT hold onto 700 Watts long enough to toast bread for TWO MINUTES.

You're a moron. A stupid man. An ignoramus.

Worst of all YOU, alone, shredded the only thing of value you had in this life: your REPUTATION.

You willingly lied about your ability, repeatedly, not understanding the most basic concepts of training with power. Hell, you don't even OWN a power meter, let alone know how to use one or the wealth of data it provides.

YOU stole you own honor. You're nothing but a liar and a thief that's so dumb you stole from yourself.

And here you are. STILL saying you're a 600-Watt Wonder when all you are is a dipshit.

Welcome to Loserville, moron. Population:YOU.

"Yet this 10 plus a little miles was completed in 38 minutes."

Hey. You. Yeah, Brainiac.

That's off the chart. i.e. below 160 Watts. Oh wait...you stopped and started. LMFAO! Whadda maroon!

You have zero..ZERO...hard data. The only thing you actually have is a hand full of lies and ********. GTFO'a here. You're a dumbass and a liar.

Shut the **** up. You're a ****ing liar.

You NEVER held 600 Watts for 20 Minutes, let alone an hour. Not once in your miserable, lying life.

Again, Unless your name is Jens Voigt, one of the most powerful and explosive riders in the peloton of doped riders and also gifted with world class endurance and stamina...you are NOT making 400 Watts for 10 minutes. Period.

Jens_Stage_4_victory.png

World class champion track sprinter Robert Forster can NOT hold onto 700 Watts long enough to toast bread for TWO MINUTES.

You're a moron. A stupid man. An ignoramus.

Worst of all YOU, alone, shredded the only thing of value you had in this life: your REPUTATION.

You willingly lied about your ability, repeatedly, not understanding the most basic concepts of training with power. Hell, you don't even OWN a power meter, let alone know how to use one or the wealth of data it provides.

YOU stole you own honor. You're nothing but a liar and a thief that's so dumb you stole from yourself.

And here you are. STILL saying you're a 600-Watt Wonder when all you are is a dipshit.

Welcome to Loserville, moron. Population:YOU.

Bob, you don't appear to even know what you're reading. There is ONE HELL of a lot of different between a four hour long breakaway and a 30 minute TT. Have you ever done TT's? I'm a lot bigger and a lot heavier than the average racer who normally rides a 54 cm bike and weighs in at 130 lbs. I'm 6'4" and 185 lbs. I ride a 62 cm bike. Even going fast I don't get down on the drops because in traffic you have to have your hands on the brakes all the time.

Because of my position on the bike I have a hell of a lot more frontal area and because of the necessary slowing and reacceleration that means that you have a FAR higher energy output than that of simply averaging speed.

I don't claim to be a fast rider. But you don't seem to understand the difference between speed and energy output.

But on calculation: The warm-up and down was about a 6 minute loss. The stopping and reaccelerating was another 2 minutes. That makes my 38 minute time now 30 minutes. My frontal area in at least 120% of what a racer's is - actually closer to 125% but let's leave it at the first figure. That makes my time on a flat TT about 24 minutes or roughly 300 watts. And this doesn't count the increased rolling resistance of my extra weight.

Does the Pork Chop Eating Champion know how jealous you are of him?

Last edited:
"Yet this 10 plus a little miles was completed in 38 minutes."

Hey. You. Yeah, Brainiac.

That's off the chart. i.e. below 160 Watts. Oh wait...you stopped and started. LMFAO! Whadda maroon!

You have zero..ZERO...hard data. The only thing you actually have is a hand full of lies and ********. GTFO'a here. You're a dumbass and a liar.
By the way - so far this year I've got double the miles that Jens Voigt has and three times the meters of climbing. But I suppose living in Germany is a lot like living in Ohio and he can only ride part of the time.

Yup. I have done 10-mile ITT's one-a-week for three Summers. Did a few 40K ITT's. I have NEVER made 600 Watts for an hour or 20 minutes and neither did YOU. Not now. Not EVER.

I get my highest power, 1 minute power, 5 minute power, 10 minute power, 20 minute power, 1 hour power, average power, normalized power, FTP data from a calibrated power meter. NOT from some moronic chart or graph. Or from from some dipshit like you that happens to post some ******** on the internet.

You're a pathetic liar.

You have ZERO idea what 600 Watts even is.

Let's see your data. From a calibrated power meter.

BTW, Jens has a job. All you have is pure, unadulterated horse ****. And you're too damned stupid to just slither away into the night and disappear. You keep advertising how ignorant you are with every post you make. Congratulations. You've managed to become the biggest idiot since Glenn Stephens on Zwift. He was another 'High Watt Wonder' and a liar and an ignorant moron...until he finally got a power meter and figured out he was no superman. We still laugh at his dumb ****ing ass too.

A sample of Glenn Stephen's idiocy. He sounds a LOT like our very own tommy the dipshit:

by Glenn Stephens » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:02 am
I demand you rescind this unfair unwarranted and arbitrary DQ.

I have been involved in athletics since I was 13. 47 years. 47 years with no real breaks in training.

I am the classic middle distance type. I have decent speed and decent endurance.

In high school, I ran 2:00 in the 800 and, at 18 a 2:43 marathon.

This same combination is evident in my Masters swimming. I have been MD Senior Olympic champ in my age group in the 50 and 100 and also placed 7 in Nationals in the 800 and 2nd in Colony Zone in 1k.

Same thing in tris. In short tris I have placed as high as 2nd or 3rd overall in the whole race (in my 50s) but also won the Aqubike Division in some longer races like Kinetic or Rev3 Naples or Williamsburg Rev 3.

I never really sprinted on a bike until Zwift. I am too risk averse to spring all out outside.

But over time on zwift, I found I could sprint. Generate a lot of watts.

Yes, abstractly, to an idiot with no knowledge of statistics (I have a PhD and years of grad level stats) my sprint power levels are pro level.

But guess what idiots, I weigh about 20-25 KG or about 50 pounds more than the typical pro sprinter.

Overlooked that huh?

Your unfair and nonsensical action also overlooks the huge number of sprints I had done in the 1500-2000 watt range.

I now only ride for Green, but I race to my strengths. I can do short hard sprints, but my legs dont tolerate sustained anaerobic activity well.

So when I race I try to keep my pulse down, get away or ahead, then do bursts. So, if you look at all of my races, you will see relatively low averages pulses. In most of my races, I have the lowest average pulse and one of the lowest max pulses.

Power? Reflecting my strategy of riding relatively easy and surging, you will see lots i of power spikes in each ride.

And reflecting that, my normalized power is usually vastly different from my average power. That reflects the spikes when I sprint.

If my sprint numbers were just a fluke, reflective of weight doping or my "setup" being off, this would be anomalous.

But even in your unfair and arbitrary disqualification you note the numbers.

Nothing better underscores that my bike sprinting ability is real than my swim sprint numbers. I consistently do 13s for 25, 30-32 for 50 and 48-51 for 75 in my weekly swim sprint session. Those numbers are unusual given that I am 60.

Please immediately rescind this unfair DQ. I was initially suprised to learn I can sprint on a bike. But then I got thinking about it and my athletics has always had a turn of speed.

The sprint numbers I show at 60 are consistent with my entire athletic history. I was the 2nd fastest person on my football team. I was conference record holder and champ in the 800 as a senior. I ran the 800 in college and had a PB of 23.1 in the 200. I have been 2nd and 3rd overall in sprint tris in my 50s. I won Md Senior Olympics in the 50 and 100.

Most athletes lose speed because they either have breaks in training OR don't train fast. I have trained 47 years without a break and trained some fast in al my sports.

The DQ is unfair and must be rescinded immediately.

Skills:
ZRDQ notes (Not publicly visible)
UCI pro level sprint power. Consistently hitting and holding power at the 2000 watt cap. Please correct your setup to appear in race results or submit proof of sprinting ability to ZADA - https://zada.zwiftraces.cc/
Please visit out facebook page if you wish to appeal this DQ.

Glenn was outed, DQ'd and booted for being a dipshit.

Guys like Glenn and tommy are the true fred's of cycling.

600 Watts for an hour! LMFAO! So stupid you could be identical twins with Glenn!

A sample of Glenn Stephen's idiocy. He sounds a LOT like our very own tommy the dipshit:

I have a PhD and years of grad level stats

What is that PhD in and what did you do for a living in Ohio that could exercise a PhD?

Glenn's PhD is in exactly what he says it's in, you ignorant ****ing moron. You read about as well as you do everything else in life. You FAIL!

Glenn's PhD is in exactly what he says it's in, you ignorant ****ing moron. You read about as well as you do everything else in life. You FAIL!
So you wrote that confusing line of **** that made it look like you were claiming a PhD. Wow.

I did the entire digital design and programming of the polymerase chain reaction lab robotics setup that proved Dr. Kary Mullis chemistry and with which we identified HIV and cleared the blood banking system of HIV thereby saving millions of lives. Dr. Mullis received a Nobel Prize for that one. Two PhD's said it was impossible without two IBM supercomputers. I did it with an Intel 8008. Later I expanded it to be the first practical DNA analyzer.

Another design got ClearCom Corp an Emmy Award for an intercom system used on all movie and TV sets. I designed the communications boards used on the Space Station. I designed cancer detection and treatment devices. Now that is something to be proud of. Not a second place finish to the Pork Chop Eating Champion.

This ****...from the ****ing moron that claimed he could ride at 600 Watts for an hour???!!!

You don't know when to stop lying, do you? Surely you forgot to tell us how you invented the microwave oven and the power meter you don't even own! LMFAO!

Tell us again how the average schmuck old fart master can output 800 Watts! Because something you read said so!

C'mon, liar. Tell us what you've done on a bike. Go ahead. Divide by zero.

Like I said when you posted your very first looney tunes reply on the "Do I Have Potential?" thread...this is going to get good! And it has. You've proven yourself to be nothing but a pathetic liar. No honor. No integrity. No honesty. You got nothing. You're an asshat of the highest order. A chump. A loser. A moron.

This ****...from the ****ing moron that claimed he could ride at 600 Watts for an hour???!!!

You don't know when to stop lying, do you? Surely you forgot to tell us how you invented the microwave oven and the power meter you don't even own! LMFAO!

Tell us again how the average schmuck old fart master can output 800 Watts! Because something you read said so!

C'mon, liar. Tell us what you've done on a bike. Go ahead. Divide by zero.

Like I said when you posted your very first looney tunes reply on the "Do I Have Potential?" thread...this is going to get good! And it has. You've proven yourself to be nothing but a pathetic liar. No honor. No integrity. No honesty. You got nothing. You're an asshat of the highest order. A chump. A loser. A moron.
Let's just face it CampyBob - you have never gotten past stealing bubcaps. When Norwegians have better English skills than you do, people should probably shuffle past your entries.