More OP details, Basso & Ullrich accused of paying €70,000 each

Walrus

Apr 4, 2004
Reported in cyclingnews

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/dec06/dec20news

Alleges that Fuentes expected €160,000 in earnings from various riders (refered to by alleged alias').

excerpt:
"These details reveal almost a parallel universe in cycling: one the one hand, 2006 Giro d'Italia champion Basso has been cleared to race by the Italian federation and has recently signed on with Discovery Channel, one of the world's leading pro teams. Ullrich, meanwhile, is still in a career limbo but he has vowed to return to racing as soon as he can. At the same time, leaked details alleging their involvement with Dr Fuentes continue to emerge, as Operacion Puerto remains an open wound for cycling that seemingly has no cure. Whether these details are fodder for sensational articles, or the documents do provide concrete evidence that can lead to suspensions, remains to be seen."

Basso's got no problem. 70K may sound like a bit of money but Dr. Ferrari charges more and from now on Disco will be footing the bill for him.

It's a hoax. If Jan is Nibelingo tFuentes would have stored his blood under two different codenames in the same fridge.

cyclingheroes said:
It's a hoax. If Jan is Nibelingo tFuentes would have stored his blood under two different codenames in the same fridge.
Like one name for his blood and one for his seperated plasma ? Seems logical to me !

This is no hoax as the handwriting is same as all the other Puerto documents I've seen...... poor old Ivan... just after his DC training camp he faces this..... I wonder much more is out there.... ? :rolleyes:

whiteboytrash said:
Like one name for his blood and one for his seperated plasma ? Seems logical to me !

This is no hoax as the handwriting is same as all the other Puerto documents I've seen...... poor old Ivan... just after his DC training camp he faces this..... I wonder much more is out there.... ? :rolleyes:
It does not seem to be logical to me as it is not logical that the original story from Interviu does not explain how they came to the conclusion why Ullrich now suddenly is Nibelungo. That's the hoax. By the way it is Ullrich fifth codename, I guess all codenames belong to Ullrich.

Edit: Oh yeah, look at the dokument: it says 2006. The original article says HRS is Heras (He was given a new codename as well, previously he was RH) but well.... Heras well... did not race anymore in 2006. Fuentes also forgot to give Sevilla and Botero codenames....

"Heras missed the 2006 season due to his suspension for EPO use. It is not specified if investigators believe this document was written prior to his ban"

- So who else in the peleton could afford these amounts for €70,000 a pop for dope ?

- Why would someone spend the time forging a document of Basso's blood breakdown conplete with graphs ?

- Why do all the documents have the same handwriting ?

"According to Interviú*, Basso and Ullrich were both to be charged €70,000 for Fuentes’ services during the 2006 season, the riders appearing as ‘2 Bírilo’ and ‘1 Nibelungo’ on a document bearing the headers D/161 Presupuesto [budget/estimate] 2006 Ingresos."

- Ullrich regardless of his code name was always number one.....

- Do you think the timing of the release of this document has something to do with the IPCT meeting held in early Jan ? Where they'll vote of the fate of DC..... I think it has a lot to do with that.... a lot of people know Basso doped and they don't want DC to get away with it.... pure and simple.

cyclingheroes said:
It does not seem to be logical to me as it is not logical that the original story from Interviu does not explain how they came to the conclusion why Ullrich now suddenly is Nibelungo. That's the hoax. By the way it is Ullrich fifth codename, I guess all codenames belong to Ullrich.

Edit: Oh yeah, look at the dokument: it says 2006. The original article says HRS is Heras (He was given a new codename as well, previously he was RH) but well.... Heras well... did not race anymore in 2006. Fuentes also forgot to give Sevilla and Botero codenames....

whiteboytrash said:
"Heras missed the 2006 season due to his suspension for EPO use. It is not specified if investigators believe this document was written prior to his ban"

- So who else in the peleton could afford these amounts for €70,000 a pop for dope ?
Well if its forgery, then yes of course they have to use a big rider already implicated in OP or doping

- Why would someone spend the time forging a document of Basso's blood breakdown conplete with graphs ?
Make it look more convincing. Who says its Basso blood reading. I could get one from the internet for free

- Why do all the documents have the same handwriting ?
Dunno. And probably only one person does know.

"According to Interviú*, Basso and Ullrich were both to be charged €70,000 for Fuentes’ services during the 2006 season, the riders appearing as ‘2 Bírilo’ and ‘1 Nibelungo’ on a document bearing the headers D/161 Presupuesto [budget/estimate] 2006 Ingresos."

- Ullrich regardless of his code name was always number one.....
According to who? When did he last wear number one in a race? When was he last number one in anything?

- Do you think the timing of the release of this document has something to do with the IPCT meeting held in early Jan ? Where they'll vote of the fate of DC..... I think it has a lot to do with that.... a lot of people know Basso doped and they don't want DC to get away with it.... pure and simple.
If you say so.

Great. That's a wrap. Basso and Ullrich are innocent, cyclists never lie and the Fuentes lab never existed. Lets get on with the bike racing ! :)

wicklow200 said:
Well if its forgery, then yes of course they have to use a big rider already implicated in OP or doping

Make it look more convincing. Who says its Basso blood reading. I could get one from the internet for free

Dunno. And probably only one person does know.

According to who? When did he last wear number one in a race? When was he last number one in anything?

If you say so.

whiteboytrash said:
Great. That's a wrap. Basso and Ullrich are innocent, cyclists never lie and the Fuentes lab never existed. Lets get on with the bike racing ! :)

I think this pretty much says it all:

* Interviú is perhaps best described as a Spanish equivalent of Playboy. However, although it features several pages of underdressed models, the news coverage is regarded as being as serious as that of other sectors of the press.

All I see if smoke, mirrors, rumours, nick names, suggestions, inferences, maybes, possibly's and a bit of silly mathematics (if A = B then surely berillo = ully and sevilla = sevilla and a squigel on a piece of paper = definitely guilty).

They should just burn all the OP "proof" and let everybody get on with their lives....

whiteboytrash said:
It is not specified if investigators believe this document was written prior to his ban"
That is what cyclingnews make out of it...

But you are probebly right, Fuentes wrote his bills for 2006 in October 2005, changed all codenames, did not give Sevilla or Botero codename sure. Maybe he even wrote it in 1903, who knows? Why bather checking. just publish it, name Basso and Ullrich. It sells.

Ok if its not Basso / Ullrich - Who is it then ? and who else in the peleton has €150,000 to blow on gear ? or don't we want to know.... ?

cyclingheroes said:

But you are probebly right, Fuentes wrote his bills for 2006 in October 2005, changed all codenames, did not give Sevilla or Botero codename sure. Maybe he even wrote it in 1903, who knows? Why bother checking. just publish it, name Basso and Ullrich. It sells.

cyclingheroes said:

But you are probebly right, Fuentes wrote his bills for 2006 in October 2005, changed all codenames, did not give Sevilla or Botero codename sure. Maybe he even wrote it in 1903, who knows? Why bather checking. just publish it, name Basso and Ullrich. It sells.
I have an open mind on it all, although the inconsistencies...

Well the one reason I can imagine Ullrich and Basso might have had codenames all the way through, and others not, is if U and B had dedicated intermediaries and the others didnt.

So for example once Jan was "Jan" referring to himself, another time "Rudico" for Pevenage who was picking up the blood.

And Basso was sending someone the whole time instead of him, whose codename was Birillo

As for the others, they might have been living/training the whole time close to Fuentes and/or didnt have the luxury of having a dedicated intermediary, so that they went in person each time and hence, codenames spilled over into real names. Im trying to make sense of these inconsitencies, because for a successful doctor like Fuentes making this type of money there seems a need for him to be pretty organised

When you said the Guardia Cicil stated that Jan himself was in Madrid, could they not have made a mistake and meant that Pevenage was there, picking up the stuff for Jan?

"Listed on the bottom of this sheet is, once again, Primas, followed by the word Tour and then arrows going to 50,000 and 30,000. Giro + VTA (Vuelta) have arrows pointing to 30,000 and 20,000, while Mundial (world championships) has another arrow, followed by Ruta (road) 30,000.

In this instance the magazine says that these are extra monies the riders must pay if they are successful in these races. The world championship time trial is also listed, although this appears off the bottom of the photograph of the document in question. If the winner here is a Fuentes patient, he will pay €15,000."

Now we know why Fuentes was so smug about Basso winning the Giro when talking on the phone with his henchman. It was not just idle boasting. He stood to get paid 30K.

Bro Deal said:
Now we know why Fuentes was so smug about Basso winning the Giro when talking on the phone with his henchman. It was not just idle boasting. He stood to get paid 30K.
Nice work BroDeal: Ching Ching !! Yes when Fuentes spoke of the "festival in May" and Basso he was just passing admiration... nothing to do with the 30 big ones that was going to hit his account ! of course Brillo is not Basso even thou ProCycling magazine along with many other have confirmed that Basso told them that his dog was called Brillo before the Fuentes scandel broke out.... my inside contacts tell me that in the new year just before the IPCT meeting Spanish publications plan to release more daming information on Basso.....

Eldron said:

They should just burn all the OP "proof" and let everybody get on with their lives....
Or maybe, if they can get all the blood together, conduct DNA tests and then... what's the next step? Oh yeah, get DNA from the riders, but, oh gosh, that's such an invasion of privacy.

whiteboytrash said:
Nice work BroDeal: Ching Ching !! Yes when Fuentes spoke of the "festival in May" and Basso he was just passing admiration... nothing to do with the 30 big ones that was going to hit his account ! of course Brillo is not Basso even thou ProCycling magazine along with many other have confirmed that Basso told them that his dog was called Brillo before the Fuentes scandel broke out.... my inside contacts tell me that in the new year just before the IPCT meeting Spanish publications plan to release more daming information on Basso.....
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/Guardia/Civil/sospecha/Fuentes/suministraba/hormonas/falsificadas/elpepudep/20061220elpepidep_12/Tes

El Pais printed a new story this morning stating the Guardia Civil raided flats in Valencia and found more blood and HGH..... appears the network was far reaching as China (where the goods were imported from) and Australia..... this time with the discovery of HGH which is illegal in Spain means that they can probably nail Fuentes on the "damage to public health" charge meaning they can get him into court to face the music.... because the substances were not in a controlled environment and imported illegally Fuentes will burn.... along with the junkie riders he feed....

whiteboytrash said:
http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/Guardia/Civil/sospecha/Fuentes/suministraba/hormonas/falsificadas/elpepudep/20061220elpepidep_12/Tes

El Pais printed a new story this morning stating the Guardia Civil raided flats in Valencia and found more blood and HGH..... appears the network was far reaching as China (where the goods were imported from) and Australia..... this time with the discovery of HGH which is illegal in Spain means that they can probably nail Fuentes on the "damage to public health" charge meaning they can get him into court to face the music.... because the substances were not in a controlled environment and imported illegally Fuentes will burn.... along with the junkie riders he feed....
The raids were in 2003... It is part of the new media campaign.

Edit: sorry my mistake: raid was in September. The link with the group is from 2003.

helmutRoole2 said:
Or maybe, if they can get all the blood together, conduct DNA tests and then... what's the next step? Oh yeah, get DNA from the riders, but, oh gosh, that's such an invasion of privacy.

Exactly! If we try to stop cheating in cycling **** Pound will have the power to form a world government and make us all slaves.

It makes complete sense.

PS- Tyler was framed.

tcklyde said:
Exactly! If we try to stop cheating in cycling **** Pound will have the power to from a world government and make us all slaves.

It makes complete sense.

PS- Tyler was framed.
Tyler was framed and, this hasn't come out yet, but that the man in the airport who called to blackmail Phonak and Tyler's twin -- who people think vanished -- are actually the same person.

So, yes, the plot is very thick.

Fuentes had a deal that the winner of the time trial winner at the world championships would pay 15K. Since none of the big GT riders seem to do the WC races anymore, who was he treating that might have qualified for a win?

Dave Z.? He did ride for the dirtiest team in the sport before he went to CSC.