More Pictures of Bikes!

Originally posted by taras0000
my track ride
Holy cow. What the hell is that? If I was slated to go up against you at the velodrome, I'd probably just pack up and go home.

;)

The SC Roadster is cool too. I've got a friend with a red one... they're sharp bikes.

Originally posted by lokstah
Welp, may as well show off this thing some more! :D

That bike has got a sweet look man! Where did you get it done? Does it have anything to do with the Klien's feathery weight? Are you on Cloud 9 when you ride it? Is it heavenly? I was bored during the summer, so i decided to put my 3 years of high school art to good use. I spent 4 days painting that frame. I'm thinking of masking off the tiger head/flames and painting the rest of the bike a steel grey and giving it a sheet metal and rivet look, kinda like the WW II airplanes. Whaddya think?

That bike has got a sweet look man! Where did you get it done? Does it have anything to do with the Klien's feathery weight? Are you on Cloud 9 when you ride it? Is it heavenly? I was bored during the summer, so i decided to put my 3 years of high school art to good use. I spent 4 days painting that frame. I'm thinking of masking off the tiger head/flames and painting the rest of the bike a steel grey and giving it a sheet metal and rivet look, kinda like the WW II airplanes. Whaddya think?
Thanks, taras! Ok, the skinny on the paint job is this... Klein painted it, I designed it (like you, my friend, I have a toe in the art world as well). They've tweaked the original color scheme a bit, but it's still about as cool a bike as I'll ever ride.

How does it ride? I'll let you know as soon as the build is finished (should be up and running by wednesday).

Well, fantastic work on your track bike, that's for sure. A sheet metal/tiger-head combo could look great; it'd look like a P-47 or something. Very classy, very nasty all at once. Be sure to start a thread if you ever take yourself up on that project. Great work!

What kind of frame is it? (don't tell me you fabricate frames, too)

;)

Thanks, taras! Ok, the skinny on the paint job is this... Klein painted it, I designed it (like you, my friend, I have a toe in the art world as well). They've tweaked the original color scheme a bit, but it's still about as cool a bike as I'll ever ride.

How does it ride? I'll let you know as soon as the build is finished (should be up and running by wednesday).

Well, fantastic work on your track bike, that's for sure. A sheet metal/tiger-head combo could look great; it'd look like a P-47 or something. Very classy, very nasty all at once. Be sure to start a thread if you ever take yourself up on that project. Great work!

What kind of frame is it? (don't tell me you fabricate frames, too)

;)

THe frame is australian made. It's a BT. No, I don;t fabricate frames, but I have been playing around with carbon a bit, and plastics moulding. All stuff inmy garage kinda bit. I think eventually I might fabricate a frame in a few years, but with school and racing and work, I don't have much time to that kinda stuff except for fool around and get a feel for shaping composites and plastics. I was in the middle of making an aero helmet for myself. Made a mold of my head and shaped in, but now that the UCI has banned aero lids with no protection there's not much reason to finish it. I may tweak the design. Originally the design called for it to be made of clear polycarbonate. THe visor and the rest of the helmet would be made in one piece, but that's a topic for a different thread.

If I ever fabricate a frame (i'm working on the blueprints) I'll be sure to post about it. It would be similar to the frame I have now, I'd just clean up the aerodynamics a bit.

A question for jbkalla, did your San Remo come with the Brooks saddle, or was that an upgrade of your own?

A better look at the front of my ride

Sprinter_989, how does the Olmo Ride. Is it stiff enough (i'm assuming you are a sprinter)?

Welp, may as well show off this thing some more! :D
Keep showin that baby off fella i'm not complaining! And i dont think anyone will! Hey we want close ups of the paint job! Personal Name on the top tube? Woah thats like $300 extra! Wow!

Sprinter_989, how does the Olmo Ride. Is it stiff enough (i'm assuming you are a sprinter)?

Its made out of steel (Dedaccaia 16.5) so that makes it very stiff, I ride junior gears so it doesn't have a lot of stress on it.

Ok Time for my two bobs worth. You guys can scoff all you like but I like them :D

Here's the new Avanti Blade

Shimano 105 (tiagra crank)
Crane Creak Headset
Specialized Body Geometry seat