More plod on bicycles in Norwich

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 19:07:59 +0000, Rab C Nesbitt - BT wrote:

> Saw two Bracknell plod today on bikes!!

At least they get modern transport, unlike some of the council workers who
get a horse & cart!

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 16:50:33 +0100, "wafflycat"
<waffles*$*A**T*v21net$*££*D*O*T*co*D£$£*O*T*uk> wrote:

>Local rag
>
>http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/cont...gory=news&itemid=NOED29 Sep 2005 12:04:20:213
>
>Cheers, helen s

I love the way they treat this as a new development in modern
policing.
Don't they remember the 'local bobby on his bike who wasn't afraid to
clip you round the ear if he caught you scrumping apples' of
yesteryear ?

It's the same in The States where mountain bikes have been used by the
Seattle P.D.,get this , since 1987 !

Interestingly, when the LAPD started their 'Bike Detail' they used 10
speed racing bikes taken from the lost/stolen property warehouse.

Perhaps 'bents will be the next bike to be pressed into the war
against crime ?

Nick. wrote:

> At least they get modern transport, unlike some of the council workers who
> get a horse & cart!

Do they get 'gnome' like helmets to match the rest of the gnome uniform
(ie green trousers and red tops) ...

In this part of the woods the council workers are kitted out to look
like gnomes in disguise

I did see a copper on a bike though a couple of days ago - almost fell
off mine in surprise