More Polar 710 Questions

Shibumi

Apr 18, 2003
I have two questions relating to the display on the 710:

1. Each time I use the unit it does not remember the setting I had it on last time (eg av HR, av speed, and instantaneous speed). Thus after the start of a TT I have to press a couple of buttons, which loses me valuable seconds and concentration! Is there any way to have it preset with the right combination?
2. In terms of combinations, can I display av HR, cadence and av speed at the same time?

Any help would be appreciated.

1. Each time I use the unit it does not remember the setting I had it on last time (eg av HR, av speed, and instantaneous speed). Thus after the start of a TT I have to press a couple of buttons, which loses me valuable seconds and concentration! Is there any way to have it preset with the right combination?
There is some way of making it 'remember' the settings .. I can't remember how, as it seemed to have done it itself after a little while for me.

There's probably some thing about changing it while in the measure mode (i.e. stopwatch off), and then keeping it the same all the time that gives it the hint. It's probably well buried in the manual somewhere..

2. In terms of combinations, can I display av HR, cadence and av speed at the same time?
I don't think you can do that :( The bottom line can only show HR-related info, the middle one only timing/actual speed/altitute/power, and the top can show pretty much anything except for HR.

If you don't already have a manual for it, you can download one from http://www.pursuit-performance.com.au/polar/

What are you doing starting the watch when the timekeeper says 'go' anyway? Start it with a minute to go! You can easily add a laptime in the software once you've downloaded the exercise, and analyse to your heart's content.

Thanks for the responses.

Started the watch before the start of the TT last night and probably gained a few seconds (did a season PB)!