More radio nonsense... not clear channel this time

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ryan Fisher, Apr 23, 2004.

  1. Ryan Fisher

    Ryan Fisher Guest

    a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has jumped
    on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon this
    morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on with the
    clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for emailing those
    in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the station can be found
    at http://www.99x.com/ thanks

    Tags:

  2. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Ryan Fisher <[email protected]> wrote:
    > a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has jumped
    > on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon this
    > morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on with the
    > clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for emailing those
    > in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the station can be found
    > at http://www.99x.com/ thanks

    The people at the station don't care. Drawing attention by attacking a
    minority group is a very old tactic. Radio jocks that do this sort of
    thing are just doing the job they are hired to do.

    Bitch to their sponsors. That's much more effective. They'll pay a lot
    more attention to their sponsors than they will to you.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email protected]

  3. kaiser

    kaiser Guest

    This is the stupidest discussion topic ever on RBR. Shut the fuck up,
    you crybaby fuckwads. If you honestly think anyone is taking the dj's
    seriously, then you're an even bigger moron than I already assumed you
    were.

    If you insist on taking this discussion further, then consider
    petitioning to start rec.bicycles.pussies

    "Ryan Fisher" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > a local radio morning show in Atlanta (of all places this week) has jumped
    > on the "telling listeners to run cyclists off the road" bandwagon this
    > morning. Pretty much more of the same type discussion that went on with the
    > clear channel jocks in the recent past. If anyone is up for emailing those
    > in charge to voice their opinions contact info for the station can be found
    > at http://www.99x.com/ thanks

  4. On 23 Apr 2004 18:00:47 -0700 in rec.bicycles.racing,
    [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:

    > This is the stupidest discussion topic ever on RBR. Shut the fuck up,
    > you crybaby fuckwads. If you honestly think anyone is taking the dj's
    > seriously, then you're an even bigger moron than I already assumed you
    > were.

    no, you're the fuckwad. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR BROADCASTERS TO URGE
    LISTENERS TO COMMIT A CRIME. what part of "against the law" do
    you NOT understand, fuckwit?

  5. psycholist

    psycholist Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On 23 Apr 2004 18:00:47 -0700 in rec.bicycles.racing,
    > [email protected] (kaiser) wrote:
    >
    > > This is the stupidest discussion topic ever on RBR. Shut the fuck up,
    > > you crybaby fuckwads. If you honestly think anyone is taking the dj's
    > > seriously, then you're an even bigger moron than I already assumed you
    > > were.
    > >

    > no, you're the fuckwad. IT IS ILLEGAL FOR BROADCASTERS TO URGE
    > LISTENERS TO COMMIT A CRIME. what part of "against the law" do
    > you NOT understand, fuckwit?

    This has gotten as stupid and offensive as the original radio broadcast
    probably was.

    Bob C.

  6. TM

    TM Guest

    "psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > This has gotten as stupid and offensive as the original radio broadcast
    > probably was.
    >
    > Bob C.

    Do you think they'd really put something like this on the radio? They may
    be cycle killers (run,run away!), but they are, afterall, paid
    professionals.