more smoke, more fire (colorado)

Monique Y. Herm

Guest
A forest fire just started up Lefthand Canyon in Jamestown this morning. I saw the smoke while
driving to work; now it stretches across the sky even from Boulder. Eric tells me it's raining ash
in Longmont, where we
live. (About 17 miles from Jamestown, according to mapquest.)

The crazy wind we've been having since last night can't be helping, but the Jamestown forecast calls
for snow thurs->sun.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/mtn_towns_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2428_2385535,00.html

Anyway, nowhere near as bad as California (I hope). Interesting to note that the Lefthand Canyon FD
sent a fire truck out to help the CA fires.

--
monique PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Whatever it takes, just don't
CC me! I'm already subscribed!!

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> A forest fire just started up Lefthand Canyon in Jamestown this morning. I saw the smoke while
> driving to work; now it stretches across the sky even from Boulder. Eric tells me it's raining ash
> in Longmont, where we
> live. (About 17 miles from Jamestown, according to mapquest.)
>
> The crazy wind we've been having since last night can't be helping, but the Jamestown forecast
> calls for snow thurs->sun.
>
> http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/mtn_towns_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2428_2385535,00.html
>
> Anyway, nowhere near as bad as California (I hope). Interesting to note that the Lefthand Canyon
> FD sent a fire truck out to help the CA fires.

I'm sorry to hear this. Good luck to you all, 1 mile west is the Miller Rock trail (St. Vrain) and a
beautiful area. I onced looked at houses there.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

"Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A forest fire just started up Lefthand Canyon in Jamestown this morning. I saw the smoke while
> driving to work; now it stretches across the sky even from Boulder. Eric tells me it's raining ash
> in Longmont, where we
> live. (About 17 miles from Jamestown, according to mapquest.)
>
> The crazy wind we've been having since last night can't be helping, but the Jamestown forecast
> calls for snow thurs->sun.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/mtn_towns_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2428_238553 5,00.html

> Anyway, nowhere near as bad as California (I hope). Interesting to note that the Lefthand Canyon
> FD sent a fire truck out to help the CA fires.
>
> --
> monique PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Whatever it takes, just don't
> CC me! I'm already subscribed!!

Good luck Monique

cg

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

> Anyway, nowhere near as bad as California (I hope). Interesting to note that the Lefthand Canyon
> FD sent a fire truck out to help the CA fires.

That's actually a part of why the Cedar Fire got so out of hand here in San Diego- a good part of
our fire fighters were in other areas helping out. It took a while to recall them to fight our
own blazes.

Miles

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 at 22:24 GMT, Chris Glidden penned:

> Good luck Monique

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure that my house is safe (or maybe I'm just naive), but there are others closer to the
mountains.

I've recently heard that there's another fire near Castlerock (closer to Denver). Weird.

--
monique PLEASE don't CC me. Please. Pretty please with sugar on top. Whatever it takes, just don't
CC me! I'm already subscribed!!

CG says:

>Good luck Monique

Yeah - from me too!

I'm just glad it's THAT Jamestown, not mine...

Steve

> I've recently heard that there's another fire near Castlerock (closer to Denver). Weird.
>
> --
> monique

I'll tell ya what's weird, JD is in California and half the state is on fire. He goes back to CO and
all of a sudden, CO is on fire.... that's weird!
--
Slacker

> > I've recently heard that there's another fire near Castlerock (closer to Denver). Weird.
> >
> > --
> > monique
>

> I'll tell ya what's weird, JD is in California and half the state is on fire. He goes back to CO
> and all of a sudden, CO is on fire.... that's weird!
> --
> Slacker

Maybe he snagged an ember in his ponytail. *~:^o

Mike

Michael Dart spray painted on a boxcar:
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>> I've recently heard that there's another fire near Castlerock (closer to Denver). Weird.
>>>
>>> --
>>> monique
>>

>> I'll tell ya what's weird, JD is in California and half the state is on fire. He goes back to CO
>> and all of a sudden, CO is on fire.... that's weird!
>> --
>> Slacker
>>

> Maybe he snagged an ember in his ponytail. *~:^o
>
> Mike

He doens't have a ponytail anymore

Penny

-- if you are reading this post via any webpage other than googlegroups or one provided by a news
server subscription service, it is being used and possibly being edited or modified without my
permission, in violation of US copyright laws.

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:27:37 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:

>if you are reading this post via any webpage other than googlegroups
or one
>provided by a news server subscription service, it is being used and possibly being edited or
>modified without my permission, in violation
of US
>copyright laws.

Oh please.

What's your recourse?

Answer:

A civil action.

Did you give permission to Google or any other news server subscription service to reproduce your
copyrighted musings? You are going to include them in your suit as well, right?

P e t e F a g e r l i n spray painted on a boxcar:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:27:37 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> if you are reading this post via any webpage other than googlegroups or one provided by a news
>> server subscription service, it is being used and possibly being edited or modified without my
>> permission, in violation of US copyright laws.
>
> Oh please.
>
> What's your recourse?
>
> Answer:
>
> A civil action.
>
> Did you give permission to Google or any other news server subscription service to reproduce your
> copyrighted musings? You are going to include them in your suit as well, right?

I am so not in the mood to argue this. I think it reprehensible that cycling forums is moderating
and editing amb, or at least MY stuff, without my permission. It's bad enough that an uniformed
person might think CF.com is implying some sort of ownership or control of content via
theirmembershiop & bbs interface.

I"m going back into my cave now.

penny

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:57:21 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:

>P e t e F a g e r l i n spray painted on a boxcar:
>> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 08:27:37 -0800, "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>> if you are reading this post via any webpage other than
googlegroups
>>> or one provided by a news server subscription service, it is being used and possibly being
>>> edited or modified without my permission, in violation of US copyright laws.
>>
>> Oh please.
>>
>> What's your recourse?
>>
>> Answer:
>>
>> A civil action.
>>
>> Did you give permission to Google or any other news server subscription service to reproduce your
>> copyrighted musings? You are going to include them in your suit as well, right?
>

>I am so not in the mood to argue this.

What's to argue?

Your only recourse, if you're truly serious and not just engaging in some virtual foot stomping, is
a civil action.

So you gave Google and the other new server subscription services permission to reproduce your
copyrighted musings with the condition that they don't edit them?

I think it reprehensible that cycling
>forums is moderating and editing amb, or at least MY stuff, without
my
>permission.

So you're stamping your feet to show them?

Please.

Waving around "US copyright law violation" like it's going to make a difference only makes the
person waving look like they don't have any sort of grasp on the situation.

Chris Glidden spray painted on a boxcar:
> "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Chris Glidden spray painted on a boxcar:

>>> Now, now Penny Henny (Henny Penny?)
>>

>> ( and then i'm going for a ride)
>>

> Watch out for Foxy-Woxy in that cave of yours...
>
> http://www.rickwalton.com/folktale/jacoba20.htm
>
> cg

lalalalalalalalala I can't hear you.

pass the tin foil, I think the solar flares are giving me a severe case of idioit-itis this week.

"Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Chris Glidden spray painted on a boxcar:
> > "Penny S" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Chris Glidden spray painted on a boxcar:

> >> ( and then i'm going for a ride)
> >>

> > Watch out for Foxy-Woxy in that cave of yours...
> >
> > http://www.rickwalton.com/folktale/jacoba20.htm
> >
> > cg
>
> lalalalalalalalala I can't hear you.
>
> pass the tin foil, I think the solar flares are giving me a severe case of idioit-itis this week.

It happens to the best of us. Rest assured you are still well loved and appreciated in spite of your
case "idioit-itis". ;-)

cg

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 at 17:04 GMT, P e t e F a g e r l i n penned:

> Your only recourse, if you're truly serious and not just engaging in some virtual foot stomping,
> is a civil action.
>
> So you gave Google and the other new server subscription services permission to reproduce your
> copyrighted musings with the condition that they don't edit them?
>
> I think it reprehensible that cycling
>>forums is moderating and editing amb, or at least MY stuff, without
> my
>>permission.
>
> So you're stamping your feet to show them?
>
> Please.
>
> Waving around "US copyright law violation" like it's going to make a difference only makes the
> person waving look like they don't have any sort of grasp on the situation.

It's called "raising awareness." Some people, reading through cycling forums and other venues, may
not realize that these posts are being edited. Hrm, are these posts showing up there, or
mysteriously disappearing?

Googlegroups is acting as a news server. If a news server started editing my posts (outside of
removing binary attachments from non-binary

I like the sig.

On the other hand, those of us who object to the practice should probably email the forum admins in
question and express our objections directly.

--

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:57:46 -0700, "Monique Y. Herman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 at 17:04 GMT, P e t e F a g e r l i n penned:

>> Waving around "US copyright law violation" like it's going to make a difference only makes the
>> person waving look like they don't have any sort of grasp on the situation.
>>

>It's called "raising awareness." Some people, reading through cycling forums and other venues, may
>not realize that these posts are being edited. Hrm, are these posts showing up there, or
>mysteriously disappearing?

"raising awareness" of what exactly? Editing out "bad" words?

Do you really think that your posts to amb are so important, precious,

>Googlegroups is acting as a news server. If a news server started editing my posts (outside of
>removing binary attachments from non-binary

Why?

>I like the sig.

I do too. It's hilarious, despite being not very well thought out.

>On the other hand, those of us who object to the practice should probably email the forum admins in
>question and express our objections directly.

I suggest making sandwich boards and forming a picket line.

Here's what could be on the sandwich boards:

On the backside:

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com