More sound advice

H

Henry B Morgens

In my never ending struggle to enhance the quality of life endured by the rec.runners, I've decided
that today - to start your week off well
- I'll offer you some advice on music, rather than on running. Thus inspired, you'll be able to
knock out your 12 min-miles with a blissful grin on your red, puffy, little faces.

Go annoy your local record store and obtain a copy of 'Mirmama' by Eddi Reader. (This may be a
problem as it was released about two thousand years ago and I'd imagine it's deleted by now.) Place
into music machine and turn to track one, side one. Sit back and be amazed that someone you've never
heard of before can sound so good.

If you *really* get hooked, here's a good place to find out some more about the Glasgow babe with
the 4 octave range:

www.eddireader.com

henry b morgenstern wrote:

> Go annoy your local record store and obtain a copy of 'Mirmama' by Eddi Reader. (This may be a
> problem as it was released about two thousand years ago and I'd imagine it's deleted by now.)

How about where she sings the songs of Robert Burns?

> www.eddireader.com

I listened to a few. Is there a version in English? She's got this funny accent. ;)

--
Doug Freese "Caveat Lector" [email protected]

Sounds like a dog that was hit by a car.

henry b morgenstern <you'[email protected] > wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In my never ending struggle to enhance the quality of life endured by the rec.runners, I've
> decided that today - to start your week off well
> - I'll offer you some advice on music, rather than on running. Thus inspired, you'll be able to
> knock out your 12 min-miles with a blissful grin on your red, puffy, little faces.
>
> Go annoy your local record store and obtain a copy of 'Mirmama' by Eddi Reader. (This may be a
> problem as it was released about two thousand years ago and I'd imagine it's deleted by now.)
> Place into music machine and turn to track one, side one. Sit back and be amazed that someone
> you've never heard of before can sound so good.
>
> If you *really* get hooked, here's a good place to find out some more about the Glasgow babe with
> the 4 octave range:
>
> www.eddireader.com

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:11:47 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]>
wrote:

>How about where she sings the songs of Robert Burns?

Fine voice, dodgy songwriting.

> I listened to a few. Is there a version in English? She's got this funny accent. ;)

Philistine.

[email protected] (Ken a *****) wrote in message news:<e2e75d66.0401260

WHO WAS IT, THREATENED THE PRESIDENT?

WHO ADVOCATED AID TO TERRORISTS?

YEP, our own BILL DAVIDSON, just one day after the 9-11 attack, while the victims were
still burning.

From: MrRobotTow ([email protected]) Subject: Re: The Only Thing Newsgroups:
rec.music.makers.bagpipe Date: 2001-09-12 03:00:32 PST

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pathetic+pea-brain+mrrobottow&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&selm=20010912055959.21715.00001917%40mb-fi.aol.com&rnum=3

YO! Homeland Security dudes: KEY PHRASES! BOMB "WHITE HOUSE" "TERRORIST GROUP"

THERE'S YER ANTISOCIAL NUT CASE, RIGHT THERE! COULD BE another John Hinckley. Check him out!

This US citizen publicly called for AID to TERRORISTS: IS HIS NAME ON YOUR LIST? Check him out!

To long-suffering RMMB contributors: DO COPY AND PASTE this message. THEN use it to REPLY anytime
you have an urge to respond to the NOT-REALLY-ANNONYMOUS troll on RMMB and rec.running. (Why, YES,
Bill Davidson, the source of thousands of lowlife postings under dozens of account names, is also
"TheBillRodgers" and his clones.

Will Bill's own words amuse him as much as they amuse us? WILL THEY AMUSE OTHERS? Let's find out.
Let's be sure BILL gets the attention he deserves and craves.

COPY, PASTE, REPLY to our TROLL. IT'S THAT EASY

I did. Now what?

[email protected] (WhoLovesYa?) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Ken a *****) wrote in message news:<e2e75d66.0401260
>
> WHO WAS IT, THREATENED THE PRESIDENT?
>
> WHO ADVOCATED AID TO TERRORISTS?
>
> YEP, our own BILL DAVIDSON, just one day after the 9-11 attack, while the victims were still
> burning.
> ___________________________________________________
> "we should bomb that pathetic excuse for a man too, or at least give his location to every
> terrorist group we can find, and let them take him out. Just what we need in the white house, a
> coked-up dopehead running the country".
>
> From: MrRobotTow ([email protected]) Subject: Re: The Only Thing Newsgroups:
> rec.music.makers.bagpipe Date: 2001-09-12 03:00:32 PST
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pathetic+pea-brain+mrrobottow&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
> 8&selm=20010912055959.21715.00001917%40mb-fi.aol.com&rnum=3
> ___________________________________________________
>
> YO! Homeland Security dudes: KEY PHRASES! BOMB "WHITE HOUSE" "TERRORIST GROUP"
>
> THERE'S YER ANTISOCIAL NUT CASE, RIGHT THERE! COULD BE another John Hinckley. Check him out!
>
> This US citizen publicly called for AID to TERRORISTS: IS HIS NAME ON YOUR LIST? Check him out!
>
> To long-suffering RMMB contributors: DO COPY AND PASTE this message. THEN use it to REPLY anytime
> you have an urge to respond to the NOT-REALLY-ANNONYMOUS troll on RMMB and rec.running. (Why, YES,
> Bill Davidson, the source of thousands of lowlife postings under dozens of account names, is also
> "TheBillRodgers" and his clones.
>
> Will Bill's own words amuse him as much as they amuse us? WILL THEY AMUSE OTHERS? Let's find out.
> Let's be sure BILL gets the attention he deserves and craves.
>
> COPY, PASTE, REPLY to our TROLL. IT'S THAT EASY

You probably think Celine Dion is a great singer too.

[email protected] (Miss Anne Thrope) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> You probably think Celine Dion is a great singer too.

YEP, our own BILL DAVIDSON, just one day after the 9-11 attack, while the victims were
still burning.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=pathetic+pea-brain+mrrobottow&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-

THERE'S YER ANTISOCIAL NUT CASE, RIGHT THERE! COULD BE another John Hinckley. Check him out!

This US citizen publicly called for AID to TERRORISTS: IS HIS NAME ON YOUR LIST? Check him out!

To long-suffering RMMB contributors: DO COPY AND PASTE this message. THEN use it to REPLY anytime
you have an urge to respond to the NOT-REALLY-ANNONYMOUS troll on RMMB and rec.running. (Why, YES,
Bill Davidson, the source of thousands of lowlife postings under dozens of account names, is also

Will Bill's own words amuse him as much as they amuse us? WILL THEY AMUSE OTHERS? Let's find out.

[email protected] (Ken a *****) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
>
> I cut, copied, and pasted it again. Now what?

still burning.