more sport on digital TV

On 23 Oct 2003 01:22:37 -0700, NIGEL <[email protected]> wrote:

> Good news for cycling and other less TV covered sport
>
> http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1068607,00.html

After reading this story I decided to check out CBM, the company proposing the channel, to see if
they had more details. I websearch threw up http://www.cbmmedia.co.uk/ which rendered as a nice
blank page. Looking at the source it seemed to be a page attempting to tell me that my browser
didn't support frames. Inside the html was a link to a another page:

http://www.glenncarter.com/cbm/home.html

which seems to be something to do with the TV company but is says very little, and contains
Shockwave anyway. I then, as one does, went back to the base url to see if there was any more
information.

http://www.glenncarter.com/

This seems to be the official page of some musical star I've never heard of and it is at least a
year out of date. Why does a TV company put the only web information about itself on a side page of
an unknown singer's website?

Does Glenn Carter cycle? I still don't know.

Colin

In message <[email protected]>, Colin Blackburn
<[email protected]> writes
>On 23 Oct 2003 01:22:37 -0700, NIGEL <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>After reading this story I decided to check out CBM, the company proposing the channel, to see if
>they had more details. I websearch threw up http://www.cbmmedia.co.uk/ which rendered as a nice
>blank page.

I *THINK* you've missed the point of the story: that the CBM consortium failed, and this is a new
group which is taking the digital channel off CBM's hands.

--

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 00:31:17 +0100, Andy Key
<[email protected]> wrote:

> In message <[email protected]>, Colin Blackburn
> <[email protected]> writes
>> On 23 Oct 2003 01:22:37 -0700, NIGEL <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> After reading this story I decided to check out CBM, the company proposing the channel, to see if
>> they had more details. I websearch threw up http://www.cbmmedia.co.uk/ which rendered as a nice
>> blank page.
>
> I *THINK* you've missed the point of the story: that the CBM consortium failed, and this is a new
> group which is taking the digital channel off CBM's hands.

Yep, you're right I did. I failed to read the second paragraph and assumed at the end of the article
that despite CBM's problems they were somehow linked with Freesport. Just goes to show though, if
CBM had had a decent website...

Colin