More stuff I don't understand

Mark

Guest
In an attempt to provide a distraction from the Vino debacle, can
someone please explain these sentences from cyclingnews.com?

From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul24news3

"In Monday's stage 15, [...] the time cut would have been 13 percent off
the winning time of 5 hours 34 minutes and 28 seconds or 43 minutes and
29 seconds. Yesterday the autobus was in a hurry, but could only manage
to get home in two groups, 31'51" and 35'45" - did the judges kick out
all 63 riders?"

Huh? At last check, 31 and 35 are less than 43 - what am I missing? Or
is it just cyclingnews going down the drain?

Mark J.

Dans le message de news:[email protected],
Mark <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a
déclaré :
> In an attempt to provide a distraction from the Vino debacle, can
> someone please explain these sentences from cyclingnews.com?
>
> From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2007/jul07/jul24news3
>
> "In Monday's stage 15, [...] the time cut would have been 13 percent
> off the winning time of 5 hours 34 minutes and 28 seconds or 43
> minutes and 29 seconds. Yesterday the autobus was in a hurry, but
> could only manage to get home in two groups, 31'51" and 35'45" - did
> the judges kick out all 63 riders?"
>
> Huh? At last check, 31 and 35 are less than 43 - what am I missing? Or is
> it just cyclingnews going down the drain?
>
> Mark J.

You read that? Wow, they may still be able to sell advertising ...

Mark wrote:
> Huh? At last check, 31 and 35 are less than 43 - what am I missing? Or
> is it just cyclingnews going down the drain?

They're doing homework for their creative accounting course.