More tales of H*lf*rds :-(

John B

Guest
Eight children attended yesterday's cycling skills session and one had
just come straight from H*lf*rds where he had just had a new h*lm*t
"fitted".

There's no need to guess which one could be pushed straight off the back
of the head.

Its about time these cowboys were investigated by Trading Standards.

John B

John B wrote:
> Eight children attended yesterday's cycling skills session and one had
> just come straight from H*lf*rds where he had just had a new h*lm*t
> "fitted".
>
> There's no need to guess which one could be pushed straight off the back
> of the head.
>
> Its about time these cowboys were investigated by Trading Standards.
>
> John B

Agreed its fit not price, FIT!

MET helmets, about 25 pounds, not 10 pounds and no Dennis the
Mennis/Barbie. Just a well designed adjustable band that holds the
helmet in the right place on the head. My son seldom remembers to
remove his after riding/at stops, so fit must be good. In fact my adult
one has served several passengers on the kiddyback.

Only found one kid who I had trouble getting a good fit. He has a very
long/narrow head.

I have been not overly successful with helmets without an adjustable
band, although they can fit. This is from experience adjusting helmet
straps as they bring their bikes over to the garage ^H^H^H^H bike
maintenance depot that passes for our driveway.

regards
daren
--
remove outer garment for reply

I'll second the MET recommendation - very pleased with my Sfero (Volo
is the current equivalent).