More than 1 mountain bike?

neilkod

Sep 8, 2003
I currently ride a bike more renowned for being nimble and race-specific. It has 4 inches of travel both up front and in the rear.

I've been thinking of picking up a bike that's a little more 'squishy' to try some other stuff. Something a little more stout if you will. I've tested this 'other' bike before and its a completely different ride-it just seems to roll over anything-and i mean anything. Its not better, nor is it worse than my current rig-its just different. A lot squishier too ;)

If my current mtb is a ferrari, this one is an F150. I thought it would be nice (however expensive) to have multiple bikes just for the different rides. I ride enough that both bikes would get used.

Is this typical, or am I out of my mind?

How many of you have >1 mtb for the different riding qualities?

neilkod said:
How many of you have >1 mtb for the different riding qualities?
I have a full suspension for the trails and a hardtail for light trails and unpaved roads...also keep a beater for winter use

but I also have a hybrid, roadie, and a tri-bike, for asphalt

Just brought a never ridden Cannondale M-800 for 350.00 I was gonna offer him less just to put the parts on my other Cannondale. but.........I think I ride it for awhile first. (payed him what he wanted). What would be a good suspension fork when I get tired of the Pepperoni fork? Oh yeah (3) bikes too!