More The Age letters

TimC

Guest
http://theage.com.au/letters/index.html

Heh. I'm not the only guy who's too cynical.

A dream of a race

I have a dream! One day when we all ride bicycles and use public
transport, we will stop to watch an annual car race throughout the
most beautiful parts of Europe. The scenery never ceases to amaze. To
the organisers, participants and Lance Armstrong, well done (again).
Mark Boswell, West Footscray

A logistical excuse?

Had it been Australian Test cricketers who were killed and injured in
Germany, rather than cyclists, would John Howard have visited them?
"Logistical issue" indeed. The logistics of a complete lack of care
for other human beings. Helen Wayland, St Kilda East

--
TimC
Happiness is a warm hard disk.

TimC wrote:
> http://theage.com.au/letters/index.html
>
> Heh. I'm not the only guy who's too cynical.
>

> A dream of a race
>
> I have a dream! One day when we all ride bicycles and use public
> transport, we will stop to watch an annual car race throughout the
> most beautiful parts of Europe. The scenery never ceases to amaze. To
> the organisers, participants and Lance Armstrong, well done (again).
> Mark Boswell, West Footscray
>
> A logistical excuse?
>
> Had it been Australian Test cricketers who were killed and injured in
> Germany, rather than cyclists, would John Howard have visited them?
> "Logistical issue" indeed. The logistics of a complete lack of care
> for other human beings. Helen Wayland, St Kilda East

Tuesdays Australian had some great articles on cycling. More than one
page of text devoted to the Tour, Lance and the Aussie cyclists.

Zoom