Morning ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wafflycathcsdir

Got up early this morning, grabbed some breakfast & cycled out into the morning mist. It was lovely.
Very quiet - hardly any cars round the lanes, just the sound of birdsong and that lovely sound
Campag makes when freewheeling :) Lots of wildlife about - saw some muntjac & some hare, doing what
hare do at this time of year ;-) There was the usual multitude of pheasants & sheep in fields - no
lambs yet though. Saw several jays flying about too. Pretty :)

All was well until the final right hand turn off the main road into the little lane to my house. One
of the neighbours is having some sort of event it seems
- and there were a few cars waiting to get out of my lane. I'm on the main road with priority,
having duly signalled and taken position to turn right into the lane. Obviously I was in Klingon
cloaking mode due to wearing fluorescent yellow jacket, ankle bands, ponytail band - plus I had
lighting, plus reflectives on me & on bike ... even though lighting wasn't strictly necessary as
it was light - most of the mist was gone by now. And me being so slim - NOT
- I was obviously rendered completely invisible. One guy pulled right out in front of me, then
zoomed off into the distance and the one behind him tried to. The filthy look I gave him spoke
volumes. He was so busy looking for on coming traffic, he failed to register that a cyclist was
right in front of his windscreen .. To turn into my lane I was forced to virtually go in the verge
alongside it and the look I got from the occupants of the car was on the lines

Still the view of the wildlife this morning was wonderful.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
(wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter) writes:

> The filthy look I gave him spoke volumes.

Claire has a name for that look: "THE EYE".

I've accomplished it a few times, but am unable to turn it on/off at will, as a school teacher or a
mother can.

I guess it has to do with somehow turning brain beta waves into laser-beam death-rays. Y
chromosomes seem to somehow obviate it. My Pauline has incinerated me many times with it. The best
retalliation I've been able to come with, is to soften her heart with stupid little romantic
gestures. And home cooking.

cheers, & we sometimes _can be_ amused, Tom

--