Morning Rides

SkyBlueAmateur

Sep 7, 2011
I've been getting up at 6 in the morning to put in a quick 25-30Km (1 hour) ride before work on two weekday mornings.

With getting up so early I've been going out on an empty stomach and then having breakfast when I get back from the ride.

Will this cause me any problems in terms of burning off what (little) muscle I have or should I be ok?

Would an energy bar or drink be of any use? Any tis would be much appreciated.

I'm not really a morning person so getting up earlier to have breakfast isn't really an option.

I did the same thing for about 15 years. I would get up at 5am head out to the gym lift weights and go to work. I would go for a bike ride at 5am on my gym off days before heading to work. I would pack my meals the night before and eat breakfast and lunch while at work. I never had any problems and I was in great shape.

IMO if you are not bonking out and are happy with your performance on your ride you should be OK. Just make sure you have something ready that you can eat when you get back from your ride on on your way to work. One other thing you can do instead of water bring and sports drink along for the ride.

Reactions: SkyBlueAmateur
Thanks for the advise.

I don't feel bad at all when I'm out and have something to eat after I've had a shower so will continue doing that.

Think I'll try the energy drinks like you suggested and see how I get on.

Thanks

I do this sometimes and I believe it trains your body to burn fuel effeciently. I usually do it on short fast rides.

I have to get up early in the morning around 5:45 to get my ride in before my day starts and I generally don't eat at all or if I do it is something small like a banana. If I eat too much I feel bad during the ride and am often hit with the urge to go to the bathroom. So far I have noticed no loss of muscle mass or weakness in my performance.

Ritual morning masturbation is another way to not only get your body started burning fuel but to also warm up a bit. When finished, though, it's important to clean up before putting on your bike kit or mounting the bike.

Originally Posted by chiropractors .

More details visit chiropracticoflasvegas.com
Here's the test that people have to take to become chiropractors:

If you pass, you will be eligible for a job at Chiropractic of Las Vegas, and you too will be able to spam forums.

Originally Posted by alienator .

Here's the test that people have to take to become chiropractors:

If you pass, you will be eligible for a job at Chiropractic of Las Vegas, and you too will be able to spam forums.
What happened to the 25 dollar fee?