Morons

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by repiV, May 1, 2004.

1. repiV

repiV New Member

There's some right tossers on/near the roads. Waiting at the entrance to the roundabout and this group of teenage twats with nothing to do with their lives are standing the opposite side on the pavement yelling "WHERES YOUR LICENSE?!" and "put those tits away!". Later, I'm stopped at the traffic lights, start moving again and this moron driving a car with a bass bin so loud it makes the chassis creak, sticks his head out of the window and goes "GET OFF THE ROAD!" and chucks his fag end at me. Later still (like, 4 hours later), I return to the aforementioned roundabout and am going down the main road off it, the townie jerkwads were still there. One of them goes "WHERES YOUR LICENSE?!" again and chucks a stone at me whilst I'm going 25mph on a heavily occupied A road.
    I would have been heavily inclined to use my 4 kilogram kryptonite lock as a nunchuck to use on his face if the opportunity presented itself more conviniently.
    Such people should be rotting in a gutter somewhere with the rest of the worthless scum that inhabit our world.

Tags:

2. blowin mud

blowin mud New Member

I was on the road yesterday and 4 teenagers drove by in an S series Mercedes sedan. They yelled, "You F'n Mother F'n Bitch!". They pulled over into a church parking lot a mile up the road to light a cigerette. I guess they didn't expect to see me again. I turned off into the church and approached them. I asked if any of their punk asses would like to get out of the car and say it to my face. None of them were a day over 17. The guy in the front passenger seat says, "she said it" as he points to the 15 year old girl in the back. I told them that was real cool blaming it on a girl, and told them they better watch their asses while they drive around in mommy's car. Of course the kid driving immediately swore the car was his. I laughed and rode off.

I don't know what it is with people but they seem to all have this weird urge to yell at cyclist. I'll be going down a hill 25 or 35 mph, which is at or above the speed limit. People still feel the need to speed past me and yell. If I was a car going 25-35 down the same hill they would be content to follow, but because I'm on a bike it infurates people. I don't get it.

3. repiV

repiV New Member

LOL

nice one, thats classic :)

Yeah it really annoys me the way cars start honking at you repeatedly and nearly give you a heart attack when they want to overtake you, even when you're doing the speed limit. Sometimes they just try and trick you into getting knocked off, by sort of waiting for you to move over into the other lane and then accelerating when you try to, which greatly infuriates me. I'd quite like to stay away from the car doors thankyou Mr. Jeep...
    Was on this narrow road too, and this HGV approached me from behind and started honking his horn, making no effort to slow down. I quickly got onto the pavement and two 18 wheelers zoomed by.
    Only been cycling about two weeks; fortunately nothing serious has happened yet, touchwood - well, apart from my bike getting nicked, hence the £100 kryptonite lock, which also has a secondary, unintented use as a weapon. :)
    Most of the drivers around here amazingly seem to respect cyclists, which I didn't expect. (I'm in London for the record). A couple have even let me go past their exit on the roundabout, even though I'm supposed to give way to them.
    Some people, however, are just arrogant lowlife jerks, with no place in this world.

Oh well, at least its great fun (not to mention good exercise, christ oh lord those hills). I'd take my bike over any car any day, though I would love a motorbike :)

4. stone61cm

stone61cm New Member

I ride around where alot of rednecks live. To those nonAmericans, rednecks are the people who drive big pickup trucks and chew tobacco.

Surprisingly enough, I rarely get bothered. Only people who mess with me are the kids in their loud Hondas who usually get a big wad of snot on their window. There's nothing better than unclogging the tubes on someone's car. The fun part is try to make it inside a window. One day I'll master that tactic.

I do carry a little bottle of pepper spray with me and am not at all bothered with beating the hell out of someone with my cleats :)

5. less'go

less'go New Member

I feel pretty lucky after hearing these stories. Here the worst I've experienced is careless/stupid/impatient driving, but no actual abuse or slurs or threats. Ya, what is it about cars wanting to pass bikes when in a car they'd be content to just stay behind. Then there are those who pass so close you can smell their breath, just to stop a few yards later at the the next light.

But that's nothing compared to the harassment many of you have experienced...

S

6. SilentGTboy

SilentGTboy New Member

I've been riding for about a year and evvery once in a great while the whole day I'll get people saying something. One time this kid said In a normal voice out of the passenger side, "What are you going to do when you get hit?" I've also gotten friendly honks too on those odd days. I should check the calender next time, maybe they were full moons.

7. cfsmtb

cfsmtb New Member

Over here we refer to them as yobs. Don't know if this is a purely Australian tradition, but one anti-cyclist "yob" behaviour is to loudly and pointlessly scream at you from the passengers side window (front or rear). Ditto, being cut off a + disgusting remarks, especially if one is female. A favourite response of mine is to simply *ahem* do a non-verbal gesture back. How can I tactfully describe this....do a mildly obscene tongue gesture back at your tomentor. The look of bewilderment on the drivers/passengers face is absolutely priceless.:D :D

8. DrBorque

DrBorque New Member

I hate it when you are pulling up to red lights and you get some idiot come flying past you at about 40 mph just to slam the brakes on when they get to the lights, just so they could overtake you. I also hate it when you are going past a traffic jam and you get some idiot who pulls closer to the kerb so that you can't get through the gap, many people have got their cars scratched before when doing that, i just lift the peddle up and give them a nice scratch in the side of their car whenever they do that, and you just slowly roll blissfully away to the sound of a honking car horn and furious yelling :D

9. steve

steve Administrator
    Staff Member

Have you tried removing their mirror as you pass them? :cool:

10. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I live close to redneck central and, thats not true! Some of them drive old Chevies or Ford cars and are forced to throw thier beer cans in the ditch instead of the truck bed. Only the rich ones have the trucks and the classy ones throw thier cans in the bed of the truck. They need the truck to haul thier wife ,sister,aunt and first cousin. That right! They are all the same person. You also forgot they are named Bubba.
    It is always gratifying to feel superior. Some people have no choice but to insult someone else to feel that way. Quite sad actually!

] :(

11. repiV

repiV New Member

Hehehe, denting the cars sounds like a neat idea. I have good handlebars for it :D