Most beautiful Triple Crank I've seen!

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
That Dura Ace CF crank doesn't look as good as this CF Triple crank from Stronglight! If I get my contract job extended maybe I'm so tempted to get the $550 model and put it on my dream commuter bike (2007 Trek Pilot 2.1 spa).

Check out both models!

http://www.xxcycle.com/pulsion-ct2-triple-130-74,,en.php

http://www.xxcycle.com/pulsion-ct2-activ-link-triple-axe-integre-titane,,en.php

Does anyone know what the Activ Link model differ by? These two models look the same and have the same descriptions, but different prices.

Anyone see a better looking and sexier TRIPLE crank elsewhere?

The most beautiful triple crank you have ever seen? Sorry but I don't understand. There is no such thing as a beautiful triple. :)

And that one there would be ugly even if it had one less chainring!

For my racing and training bikes a double is best. But there are situations where a good triple crank is needed, - like for your dream commuter bike.

Most likely, not many road bikers are looking into triples and would rather do a compact. - Like for mountain climbing.

Yeah, I looked at several online shops and cranks and this was the best looking triple I've seen.

I'd really like to put it on my dream Trek 2.1 spa!

Anyone see a cheaper price for this crank?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder's eye thinks that that crank is ugly.

Ok - if you people think this triple is ugly post a pic or link or name another triple crank that you think looks better!

When the Dura Ace CF crank comes out it won't look as good as this crank!

Maybe you guys don't like the look of Pulsion cranks either! I think Pulsions are hot and better than the FSA, SRAM, Shimano, and Campagnolo cranks!

I already got an Isis Pulsion on my Raleigh Prestige!

thats a nice MOUNTAIN look, but for road? sleek and sexxy are the way to go, that thing isnt sleek, but its got that chiseled mountain attitude :)

Well, in terms of looks, I think this looks far better. And do you really need to spend all that cash for a commuter bike? :confused:

Hmm, a CF triple crank why? To be lighter? Makes no sense unless it's purely for bling purposes. I'll take a compact or even a bigger rear cog for the mountains. The thing about triples is there is a fair amount of gear overlap. It's not like you are getting 3x the rear cluster in terms of ratios.

Ok, I admit I like it a lot for bling. But it's lighter and better looking than my 105 Triple.

Reason I want to deck out my Trek 2.1 spa is because I'll use this bike for long distance shopping and working out at the same time. Yeah, this bike has 2 panniers, and I'll put a Polar Powermeter on it!

I'm trying to get the crank for $475 from some ebay dealers I bought from before.

The DA looks the dogs - I've got one on my indoor training bike because on 15% comp trainer simulated hills it works well. DA double on the normal bike however.

Looks aside, I don't like Stronglight. I had a z light compact for the 180 option
and it used to flex so much the chain would rub on the derailleur each revolution on a hard climb. The ISUS BB setup v's DA is not in the same league either.

After a gear analysis - Capwater was right - there is a lot of useless overlap in a triple. So it seems a compact is lighter and better.

Well, I'm in a good position now because I have an FSA SLK Mega EXO compact crank that was taken off my ebay Cervelo CF Soloist for an FSA K Force ISIS to go with my ergomo pro. I'll put the SLK compact, a 105 11-25 cassette, and a 105 double F/D to change my setup for the better. 11 - 25 only comes in the 105 cassette, but I would have preferred Ultegra. Good thing I don't have to change my shifters!

Now I got to fish for a 105 or Ultegra F/D from ebay from someone with upgrade fever...

Well, for a triple I'd really love that Stronglight. But I also found out it's not available from the only USA distributor. It might even be discontinued. And it's really expensive too. But looking at things lately, it seems all carbon cranks on the market are so expensive!

Actually, maybe I don't have to change my front Triple derailleur to a double one since I'm gonna use a compact on it. -- Is this true ?

JTE83 said:
After a gear analysis - Capwater was right - there is a lot of useless overlap in a triple. So it seems a compact is lighter and better.

Well, I'm in a good position now because I have an FSA SLK Mega EXO compact crank that was taken off my ebay Cervelo CF Soloist for an FSA K Force ISIS to go with my ergomo pro. I'll put the SLK compact, a 105 11-25 cassette, and a 105 double F/D to change my setup for the better. 11 - 25 only comes in the 105 cassette, but I would have preferred Ultegra. Good thing I don't have to change my shifters!

Now I got to fish for a 105 or Ultegra F/D from ebay from someone with upgrade fever...

Well, for a triple I'd really love that Stronglight. But I also found out it's not available from the only USA distributor. It might even be discontinued. And it's really expensive too. But looking at things lately, it seems all carbon cranks on the market are so expensive!

Actually, maybe I don't have to change my front Triple derailleur to a double one since I'm gonna use a compact on it. -- Is this true ?

Make sure you use some locktite on the threads of the SLK Mega when you put it on. The bolt that holds it together has a nasty reputation for coming undone. I have had mine drop out and leave me stranded on a ride so I now check it regularly.
I'd like to change to the FSA K-Force light which is only 660gm complete compared to the 840gm for the SLK-Mega

Cheers

Geoff

That Sronglight is more bling than a Pilot 2.1 can handle. Sorry. If you can put a crank like that on a pilot you better no need a triple. It is lovely though.

To add another slant - I installed my triple for this years amateur etape du tour just to be sure. However I saw quite a few people just running a standard double with an ultegra long cage deraillieur and then a custom large rear cassette. Can't remember the link but there is a company selling cool custom titanium 10 speed cassettes.

I prefer this to a compact setup.

JTE83 said: