Most beautiful Triple Crank I've seen!

Powerful Pete said:
Well, in terms of looks, I think this looks far better. And do you really need to spend all that cash for a commuter bike? :confused:

Hmmm, elegance itself.

Well... there's no accounting for taste. I personally can't stand the look of all of these new carbon cranks. I even think that the new aluminum DA cranks are hideous. That's just not how a crank is supposed to look to me. My favorite triple (and I steel-wool the logo off)?

4yhww8o.jpg

The best part is that it performs exactly the same function that the expensive carbon cranks do and it does it just as well for a fraction of the cost. My feeling is that unless they're on the bike of a top professional racer (who can make at least a semi-legitimate attempt to justify them), these expensive "boutique" pieces are just purely for poseur points. I have no idea why the average cyclist would waste valuable beer money on them. But again, that's just me.

oohgodnooo! - The Trek Pilot 2.1 isn't so great, but the Trek Pilot 2.1 spa is because I think it is the best carbon / aluminum commuter bike there is that can fit panniers. So decking it out with an awesome crank, wheels, and a powermeter would make long distance commuting and shopping a great pleasure!

Well, when I do long distance workouts in Chicago I mostly spend the whole afternoon on Lake Shore Drive. But with this bike I can do long distance traveling / workouts between shopping malls and shop and workout in the same afternoon!

At 840g, is guess the FSA SLK isn't so sexy though. And its not bling enough on looks. Saves 99g on my 105 triple only... Maybe I'll put it on my Giant TCR Aero 2 which has Shimano 105 9 speed cranks.

Yeah, Powerful Pete is right - why should I spend so much on a crank for a commuter bike! My Trek Pilot 2.1 with panniers, rack, light clips, Astrale 8, Polar Speed sensor, and Ksyrium SLs with ceramic bearings is already worth around $2600 ! It'll be a big loss if someone stole it from me while riding or locked up with my U Lock! I'm gonna use it for shopping and working out at the same time! Will post a pic of it when I'm done building it up !

Here's an update on the Stronglight cranks -- they might be coming out with a Fission Carbon Activ-Link Road Crank in a Triple version in October. There were mounting problems with the Pulsion so it was being discontinued. -- Well, that's what my bike shop told me !