Most comfortable seat

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by cdaleguy, Nov 13, 2004.

1. cdaleguy

cdaleguy New Member

What have you encourtered to be the most comfortable seat..........not including big grandma seats, of course...........boudreaux

Tags:

2. skydive69

skydive69 New Member

The new Specialized Alias that comes in three sizes. Specialized dealers have an ass-o-meter that measures your sit bone distance in the riding position for selection of the proper size. I forget that I am on a seat. One guy I know who has been riding 25 years says its the most comfortable seat he has ever had. Not cheap at about a hundred bucks.

3. zewol

zewol New Member

mine's a Sanmarco Era that i love ,but saddle is a very personnal issue , you have to try a lot to know wath you like, as shoes for example

4. RC2

RC2 New Member

Fizik aliante, hands down.

5. dhk

dhk New Member

Haven't tried one yet, but the "assometer" approach makes a lot of sense to me. I'm on an Arione now, but it still seems about 1 cm too narrow for my sitz bones.

How does the measuring tool work anyway?

6. bike4miles2

bike4miles2 New Member

Sella Italia SLR! No, I'm just joking. I ride it but it is has the least padding of any sadle short of the carbon shells. The Sella Italia Flite is the most comfortable seat in the world for serious riding.

7. tmctguer

tmctguer New Member

i dumped my san remo tri-gel once i sat on a specialized Alias. hands down, the best seat i've ever sat on.

8. a1086528

a1086528 New Member

ok guys, you've listed some good saddles, but the most comfortable saddle on the market today has got to be the FIZIK ARIONE!!
    its longer = more surface area for your butt, and its got wing flex tech = allows your butt to shape the sides of the saddle, and carbon base/titanium rails = less road vibration.
    come'on guys it was voted the must have item last year! i've got the world champ edtn, and it is so much more comfortable than any san marco or selle italia that i've ridden before.

9. graf zeppelin

graf zeppelin New Member

Agreed. Its the most amazing saddle I have ever owned. Might even be the best upgrade on a cost per realized effect ratio too. Blows away all the other saddles I have tried.

10. dhk

dhk New Member

I've got an Arione too, and it's fine. Not sure I like it better than the SSM ERA on my old bike, but it's a lot better than the SSM Aspide I first tried on the new bike.

11. iluvfreebeer

iluvfreebeer New Member

Koobi PRS - now appearing under my bottom on road, tandem and MTB. (Too heavy for my track bike:) ) We have 14 bikes in the family and 9 of them have Koobi saddles. After the first one, everyone else wanted to swap theirs for the Koobi PRS.

The Koobi has been awesome. The design is ingenious. Craftsmanship flawless, and the support from the people there is wonderful - even to those of us on the other side of the Atlantic.

(Can I bill Koobi for this endorsement?:D )
    Cheers!

12. aztecred92

aztecred92 New Member

After an epic ride on a friend's mountain bike equipped with an SDG Bel Air, it's the only saddle I use on all my bikes. I'd previously tried a ridiculous amount of saddles from gel filled to suspension equiped to the more recent cut-out type and the Bel Air just fits my anatomy best.

13. serenaslu

serenaslu New Member

For those that have the Arione. Does the extended tail (e.g. more convex vs. concave from a topview) provide a much different overall feel or is it just pretty much out of the way back there so you don't even notice that it is there?

14. tommy d

tommy d New Member

I agree, the Selle Italia Flite is my favorite. I've bought and tried several others and tried even more by riding different bikes but always come back to the Flite. It took a while getting used to but this is one part of my current bike that will find it's way onto a new bike if that ever happens !!

15. a1086528

a1086528 New Member

whats great about the fizik arione is that its long. my usual position on the saddle would leave a little bit of the saddle poking out at the back eg.extended tail, whats great about that is when i'm climbing in the saddle or pushing hard on a flat, i can move myself back for that little bit more power. when i'm in my normal position i dont even notice it, but its nice to know you have lots of positions to play with.

16. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I note it's longer geometry mostly when climbing which I do, a lot so yes it is very evident.
    Other may or may not have the same experience depending on their style of riding, I suppose.

17. serenaslu

serenaslu New Member

I've been pretty happy with my Flite Ti especially since I switched to PI 3D chamois bibs. When I first got it however, the stitching on it was really bugging me. I think it was a manufactured bit taller than it should have been on the mine and just caught me in the wrong spot of my right inner thigh. I went psycho on the right stitching last spring with a piece of sandpaper after a very miserable ride.:eek: Didn't help the appearance any but it feels much better!

18. Mansmind

Mansmind New Member

I second the Koobi PRS!!!

19. Provence1971

Provence1971 New Member

The Selle Italia Turbomatic 4. The Emperor, nay ! the Grand Enquisitor of saddles. My arse constantly thanks me for buying one.

20. Margaret

Margaret New Member

Brooks Brooks Brooks. If you're willing to trade weight for comfort and a saddle that will last a lifetime, you can't beat 'em. I have the Champion Flyer S -- not suitable for racing, but perfect for touring or other long-distance riding. They also make seats that are more targeted for speed and aggressive riding styles.

Sometimes something old really is the best thing --