Most excellent suspension design ever!!!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by supabonbon, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

  2. Ride-A-Lot

    Ride-A-Lot Guest

  3. Zilla

    Zilla Guest

  4. Mr_Kingkillaha

    Mr_Kingkillaha New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2004
  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:39:15 +1000, Mr_Kingkillaha
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > supabonbon Wrote:
    >> Coming to a Walmart near you...
    >>
    >> The SCHWINN REAMER!
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/69vaa
    >>
    >> /s

    > I thought the idea would be to reduce "pedal bob", not increase it.

    Well, we've had the "Pro Pedals," now it's time for the Pro Bob!

    --
    Slacker

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Coming to a Walmart near you...
    >
    > The SCHWINN REAMER!
    >
    > http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=5220&password=&sort=1&cat=562&page=1
    >
    > /s

    sweet! Now when my rear tire lands on that giant log I'm jumping over (um,
    not that I'll be able to jump it really seeing how I can't pull up on the
    pedals well, what with the pogo action), my chainring which I so perfectly
    cleared through technique will suddenly smack into the log! Awesome! But
    not as awesome as when the suspension comes back up again and catapults me
    forwards and upwards, sending my weight all onto that front wheel that
    already has tons of weight from when my chainring hit....

    Jon Bond

  7. supabonbon

    supabonbon Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Coming to a Walmart near you...
    > >
    > > The SCHWINN REAMER!
    > >
    > > http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=5220&password=&sort=1&cat=562&page=1
    > >
    > > /s

    > sweet! Now when my rear tire lands on that giant log I'm jumping over (um,
    > not that I'll be able to jump it really seeing how I can't pull up on the
    > pedals well, what with the pogo action), my chainring which I so perfectly
    > cleared through technique will suddenly smack into the log! Awesome! But
    > not as awesome as when the suspension comes back up again and catapults me
    > forwards and upwards, sending my weight all onto that front wheel that
    > already has tons of weight from when my chainring hit....
    >
    > Jon Bond

    That's sort of the way I saw it.
    For one, the bb is so low you wouldn't be able to turn the cranks. But
    pretending you could, if that chainring hits a lot it looks like the
    shock is designed to fire up into your... uh... well, that's why I
    called it the REAMER.
    This could only have been designed by an 8 year old's sketch of what a
    suspension bicycle looks like. I mean, with my English/Philosophy
    degrees, I'm pretty sure I'm a far superior engineer than whoever put
    this thing together. Jon, apply now and bring Schwinn back to it's
    once exalted status. You don't need your degree.

    /s

  8. supabonbon

    supabonbon Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<PK6dnec1LKDa2vDcRVn[email protected]>...
    > "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Coming to a Walmart near you...
    > >
    > > The SCHWINN REAMER!
    > >
    > > http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=5220&password=&sort=1&cat=562&page=1
    > >
    > > /s

    > sweet! Now when my rear tire lands on that giant log I'm jumping over (um,
    > not that I'll be able to jump it really seeing how I can't pull up on the
    > pedals well, what with the pogo action), my chainring which I so perfectly
    > cleared through technique will suddenly smack into the log! Awesome! But
    > not as awesome as when the suspension comes back up again and catapults me
    > forwards and upwards, sending my weight all onto that front wheel that
    > already has tons of weight from when my chainring hit....
    >
    > Jon Bond

    That's sort of the way I saw it.
    For one, the bb is so low you wouldn't be able to turn the cranks. But
    pretending you could, if that chainring hits a lot it looks like the
    shock is designed to fire up into your... uh... well, that's why I
    called it the REAMER.
    This could only have been designed by an 8 year old's sketch of what a
    suspension bicycle looks like. I mean, with my English/Philosophy
    degrees, I'm pretty sure I'm a far superior engineer than whoever put
    this thing together. Jon, apply now and bring Schwinn back to it's
    once exalted status. You don't need your degree.

    /s

  9. supabonbon

    supabonbon Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Coming to a Walmart near you...
    > >
    > > The SCHWINN REAMER!
    > >
    > > http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php?photo=5220&password=&sort=1&cat=562&page=1
    > >
    > > /s

    > sweet! Now when my rear tire lands on that giant log I'm jumping over (um,
    > not that I'll be able to jump it really seeing how I can't pull up on the
    > pedals well, what with the pogo action), my chainring which I so perfectly
    > cleared through technique will suddenly smack into the log! Awesome! But
    > not as awesome as when the suspension comes back up again and catapults me
    > forwards and upwards, sending my weight all onto that front wheel that
    > already has tons of weight from when my chainring hit....
    >
    > Jon Bond

    That's sort of the way I saw it.
    For one, the bb is so low you wouldn't be able to turn the cranks. But
    pretending you could, if that chainring hits a lot it looks like the
    shock is designed to fire up into your... uh... well, that's why I
    called it the REAMER.
    This could only have been designed by an 8 year old's sketch of what a
    suspension bicycle looks like. I mean, with my English/Philosophy
    degrees, I'm pretty sure I'm a far superior engineer than whoever put
    this thing together. Jon, apply now and bring Schwinn back to it's
    once exalted status. You don't need your degree.

    /s

  10. Mr_Kingkillaha

    Mr_Kingkillaha New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2004

    Can you imagine even trying to bunny hop at all? When you pull up on the bars, the pedals will go down. i wonder what it would be like to ride a wheelie.