Most 'exotic' roadkill?

Alan Holmes <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting

>> A turkey (the amount of feathers was simply unbelieveable)

>If you think that was a lot, you should see how many feathers are on a
>pigeon, I ran over one once and when I looked in the mirror, the cloud of
>feathers was the width of the road and about 15 feet high, I couldn't
>believe it.

I think pigeons actively shed feathers when alarmed (for instance, when
grabbed and thrown out of your shed or garage) perhaps to confuse
predators while they make their escape.

A turkey has at least as many feathers as a pigeon but each one is
*much* larger.
The road, verges and hedges were thick with them for about twenty yards.
At first I assumed the casualty had been a lorryload of mattresses or
something, but they don't put wing and tail feathers in furniture. Then
I smelt something decaying and realised the largest mound of feathers
was the carcass of a vast adult turkey, not your family dinner job, more
the industrial catering size.

It must've done the vehicle a good deal of damage.

--
Sue ]:(:)

Why aren't we advocating regular retests for motorists?
It's obvious a lot of them would fail and that'd solve the road congestion problem too.

In news:[email protected],
Martin Dann <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:

> Last week on the way to work, three fridges stood about four feet
> apart at the side of the road. The next day a block of reinforced
> concrete in exactly the same place.

That's not roadkill, that's Art :)

--
Dave Larrington
Every establishment needs an opposition.

On Wednesday 04 Apr 2007 08:21 Dave Larrington, wrote:

> In news:[email protected],
> Martin Dann <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
> tell us:
>
>> Last week on the way to work, three fridges stood about four feet
>> apart at the side of the road. The next day a block of reinforced
>> concrete in exactly the same place.

> That's not roadkill, that's Art :)

Banksey has a fork lift now?
--
del :cool:

In article <[email protected]>, $/spam$/$new/$/$000@spam-
is.invalid says...
> On Wednesday 04 Apr 2007 08:21 Dave Larrington, wrote:
>
> > In news:[email protected],
> > Martin Dann <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
> > tell us:
> >
> >> Last week on the way to work, three fridges stood about four feet
> >> apart at the side of the road. The next day a block of reinforced
> >> concrete in exactly the same place.

> > That's not roadkill, that's Art :)
> >

> Banksey has a fork lift now?

Sounds more like Rachel Whiteread to me...

Hi,
I wasn't going to pitch in on this thread, but it keeps on going
and my resistance is low...

In Western Australia, instead of cars hitting rabbits, badgers and
pheasants they have roadtrains hitting Kangaroos, Camels and Emu.

It may, or may not, count as exotic... but the results are certainly
spectacular...

(I wasn't cycling at the time, BTW)

Cheers,
W.

In news:[email protected],
[email protected] <[email protected]> tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:

> In Western Australia, instead of cars hitting rabbits, badgers and
> pheasants they have roadtrains hitting Kangaroos, Camels and Emu.
>
> It may, or may not, count as exotic... but the results are certainly
> spectacular...

An Orztrylian acquaintance once got a wallaby while descending at about 50
mph. The effect on the wallaby was not recorded (it scarpered), but both
Glenn and his bike wear considerably the worse for wear.

Somewhere I have a video clip from the Bathurst 1000 a few years ago,
entitled "V8 Versus Skippy", which demonstrates graphically the effect of a
600 bhp racing saloon on a 'roo...

--
Dave Larrington
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.