Most expensive race ever?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Eric, Apr 25, 2003.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Not factoring in rip-offs for kiddie races ala Redlands [$10 for 1/2 block], I believe we are going
    to fortunate here along the Colorado Front Range to be blessed with quite possibly the most
    expensive race ever in terms of $ per length. A local group here in Boulder is putting on a 1k
    hillclimb TT and charging a mere $14 for the pleasure. To make matters even worse, the hill itself
    climbs for a total of 2k which would help matters some but for whatever reason the promoter has
    opted for only 1/2 the distance. I've only been doing this racket for about 10 years but this is by
    far the most expensive race I've ever come across. Anybody else ever come across anything worse?

    For the record, I will be bypassing this event. Nice hill, good for doing repeats on, but $14 for
    maybe 3 minutes worth of work? No.

    Tags:

  2. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    This was the most $ per length I could find. ? Women 30-34 500m Time Trial ................$25 $40
    if you register late

    "Eric" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Not factoring in rip-offs for kiddie races ala Redlands [$10 for 1/2 block], I believe we are
    > going to fortunate here along the Colorado Front Range to be blessed with quite possibly the most
    > expensive race ever in terms of $ per length. A local group here in Boulder is putting on a 1k
    > hillclimb TT and charging a mere $14 for the pleasure. To make matters even worse, the hill
    > itself climbs for a total of 2k which would help matters some but for whatever reason the
    > promoter has opted for only 1/2 the distance. I've only been doing this racket for about 10 years
    > but this is by far the most expensive race I've ever come across. Anybody else ever come across
    > anything worse?
    >
    > For the record, I will be bypassing this event. Nice hill, good for doing repeats on, but $14 for
    > maybe 3 minutes worth of work? No.

  3. Velomaestro

    Velomaestro Guest

    World Cup Qualifiers:

    200 Meter Time Trials: $20 per rider, $25 including late fee.