Most nutritious fruit for cyclists

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
I'll go with Banana and Apples, these fruits are the best when it comes to boosting ones energy. Bananas are a good source of both potassium and carbohydrates. While apples are a good source of Vitamins B and C and potassium, these slowly releases energy that you need in endurance cycling and training.
IMG_20180510_000826_693.jpg

I agree with bananas. I remember the old folks when I was a girl, they always tell my brothers to eat banana to counter their lazy mood. Banana will give you the energy, they said. Until now, I eat banana when I feel lethargic although I cannot say if it gives me the energy to perk up like what coffee can do. But for sure, the potassium in the banana is good for the active body.

I'm not sure why people regard apples as being so healthy, since they actually don't have all that many vitamins and are loaded with sugar. They might be good as a quick source of energy, but I wouldn't rely on them for long-term nutrition.

Bananas are healthier in this regard, being that they contain more vitamins and minerals. Sadly I can't eat bananas though, as I have a minor allergy to them which causes a lot of discomfort.

I personally enjoy strawberries. One cup of strawberries has 149% of your recommend daily value for Vitamin C, 89% Vitamin A, 29% manganese, and smaller but not insignificant amounts of folate, potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin K.

As you can see, these ultra delicious berries are also ultra good for you.

Bananas are my favorite, and they are one of the most nutritious fruits available which are a great combination of being cheap, always available, and packed with nutrients and carbohydrates, and you can easily eat one quickly as well with no preparation whatsoever. Just peel and enjoy!

Reactions: Kakashi
Bananas are my favorite, and they are one of the most nutritious fruits available which are a great combination of being cheap, always available, and packed with nutrients and carbohydrates, and you can easily eat one quickly as well with no preparation whatsoever. Just peel and enjoy!

That is why Bananas and Apples are very good snacks for bikers, it's easy to prepare actually there's no prep work at all just bring a couple and it's very affordable and easy to eat.

Another good fruit which can help in giving an energy boost are oranges. Oranges contain 130 percent of your daily needed vitamin C, it's also refreshing to eat. It contains 170 different phytochemicals and 60 flavonoids many if which has antiinflammatory and antioxidant properties.

Did you know that 1 orange contains Zero Fat, 250mg of Potassium, 19 grams of carbohydrates as well as 1 gram of protein.
IMG_20180511_001044_162.jpg

Well everyone knows about the banana so that's a great fruit but you need to eat one at breakfast, during a ride, and one for dinner; but one that most people overlook is the Avocado, it's probably the best fruit on the planet. Avocados reduce artery inflammation, contrary to once believed thought they actually had bad fat but further study has now proven that they actually contain healthy fat, in fact those studies showed that eating a 1/2 of Avocado a day over a period of a month will actually lower your triglyceride, LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol levels. They also do something to your leptin levels so you're not as hungry thus you can control your appetite better. And the Avocado doesn't stop with those things I mentioned, it's been proven to also keep diabetes at bay because they are very high in monounsaturated fatty acids which helps to control blood sugar and insulin levels.

Avocados are kind of expensive at around $1.60 for one (price varies due to location, season and demand which is real high right now), but keep in mind you're only eating a 1/2 of one a day so the cost is more like 80 cents.

Avocados once cut will turn brown rather quickly but this method of preventing that works the best of any method so far, put a halved onion with the avocado in an airtight container overnight.

The next best fruit would be oranges.

Studies shows that apples improves digestion, it also contains "natural sugars", making it a good preworkout snack.

It's also advisable to eat the peel of the Apple because both it's peel and pulp contains a lot of phytonutrients, antioxidants and phenolic flavonoids that helps prevents Cancer, Obesity and Alzheimer's disease to name a few.
Here's a good link about the health benefits of the apple.

https://draxe.com/apple-nutrition/

Well everyone knows about the banana so that's a great fruit but you need to eat one at breakfast, during a ride, and one for dinner; but one that most people overlook is the Avocado, it's probably the best fruit on the planet. Avocados reduce artery inflammation, contrary to once believed thought they actually had bad fat but further study has now proven that they actually contain healthy fat, in fact those studies showed that eating a 1/2 of Avocado a day over a period of a month will actually lower your triglyceride, LDL cholesterol and total cholesterol levels. They also do something to your leptin levels so you're not as hungry thus you can control your appetite better. And the Avocado doesn't stop with those things I mentioned, it's been proven to also keep diabetes at bay because they are very high in monounsaturated fatty acids which helps to control blood sugar and insulin levels.

Avocados are kind of expensive at around $1.60 for one (price varies due to location, season and demand which is real high right now), but keep in mind you're only eating a 1/2 of one a day so the cost is more like 80 cents.

Avocados once cut will turn brown rather quickly but this method of preventing that works the best of any method so far, put a halved onion with the avocado in an airtight container overnight.

The next best fruit would be oranges.

Avocados here in the Philippines are cheaper about a dollar per kilo of about 2 big ones or 5 smaller ones, it's usually made into a shake or smoothie here by adding milk, sugar and ice to it, making it into a very healthy and refreshing drink more so when it's hot and humid. Avocados also promotes weight loss because eating it would giving you a feeling of fullness.

I think grapes work well too. They're filled with antioxidants that slow down aging. They're great for improving our overall health. They're so good that even their seeds can be used for extracting grape seed oil.

If it's gonna be an apple or banana shakes, I will go for that, but if not, and just that fruit, I will find another source of energy. I'm not really into fruits. Heavy foods from breakfast are enough for me to stay active and energetic for the whole day, and a simple fruit shakes to sustain that, because it's refreshing.

I think grapes work well too. They're filled with antioxidants that slow down aging. They're great for improving our overall health. They're so good that even their seeds can be used for extracting grape seed oil.

Grapes do have a lot of antioxidants and are small and easy to pack, it can be easily eaten while cycling.

It has Resveratrol which is an anti cancer nutrient. It also contains a good dose of Potassium and other Vitamins, it's also a good source of fibre and is quite good for people who have diabetes.