Most Popular Australian Cycling Magazine

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ital-tecno, Jun 19, 2003.

  1. ital-tecno

    ital-tecno New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2003
    Hey All ~
    Can anyone advise of the most popular/best Aussie cycling magazine? Any contact info? Thinking of placing an advert...

    thanks all

    Tags:

  2. Hippy

    Hippy Guest

    "ital-tecno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey All ~ Can anyone advise of the most popular/best Aussie cycling magazine? Any contact info?
    > Thinking of placing an advert...

    Racing? MTB? Trials? Touring? BMX? What type of cycling?

    I would "guess" that it would be "Bicycling Australia" followed by it's sister mag (the mtb one..
    um...Mountain Biking Australia???).

    Ride Cycling review has less issues so may not be a good option, but I think a lot more racers would
    read that one if that's your target.

    If you are aiming for a touring/advocacy market then Australian Cyclist would be better.

    What are you advertising? Maybe an online ad would be useful?

    These are _my_ guesses.. please don't think I've collected distribution data on these or anything...

    hippy

  3. patch70

    patch70 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2003
    Messages:
    1,682
    I am a fan of RIDE magazine (aka Ride Cycling Review).

  4. "patch70" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I am a fan of RIDE magazine (aka Ride Cycling Review).

    Beautifully produced, a joy to look at, but the technical content is too often just plain wrong.
    Some of the reviewers seem to be experienced riders, but they certainly have little idea of how a
    bicycle operates. Some of the explanations of handling in terms of steering geometry have been
    totally bizarre. Perhaps they should confine themselves to describing the paint finish.

    John Retchford

  5. ital-tecno

    ital-tecno New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2003
    Yeah, sorry, I should have specified. We do hihg-end road bikes/parts exclusively, so I think I will try to get in contact Bicycling Australia.

    Thanks for the help!

  6. lincolnr

    lincolnr New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2003
    RIDE is a much better mad than Bicycling. It comes out less often and appears the avertisers prefer Bicycling...it's one big ad, IMO.