Most radical... no, most ridiculous new product

Tamyka Bell

Guest
I just blogged this but thought I would pass it on:

I'm going to need to find a website for this stuff later, but here's the
blurb for Sports Oxyshot that appeared on p66 of Triathlon & Multi Sport
Magazine, Volume 8, Number 7:

"An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an
aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly the
most radical new product going around. It provides massive amounts of
bio-available oxygen to the bloodstream, and contains a minimum of
150,000ppm of usable oxygen, as opposed to tap water which typically
contains only 6-to-10ppm. It is non-toxic, drug free and an IOC
accredited Australian laboratory has certified that it contains no
banned substances. Increase your aerobic power and peak performance
training with new Sports OxyShot. For more information call 1300 656
358."

Wow! Can I have some?! Mmmmm expensive salty water with a few bubbles...

Are there people out there who believe that we get a significant
proportion of our oxygen supply through our digestive tract?

damn!!!!

and all these races I have been wasteing my time Breathing the stuff in!

well, gasping, if truth be known... :rolleyes:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

> "An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an
> aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly
> the most radical new product going around. It provides massive
> amounts of bio-available oxygen to the bloodstream, and contains a
> minimum of 150,000ppm of usable oxygen, as opposed to tap water which
> typically contains only 6-to-10ppm.

I use a gaseous mixture containing more than 200,000 ppm of usable oxygen.
It's free, just breathe in.

Theo

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> I just blogged this but thought I would pass it on:
>
> I'm going to need to find a website for this stuff later, but here's the
> blurb for Sports Oxyshot that appeared on p66 of Triathlon & Multi Sport
> Magazine, Volume 8, Number 7:
>
> "An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an
> aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly the
> most radical new product going around. It provides massive amounts of
> bio-available oxygen to the bloodstream, and contains a minimum of
> 150,000ppm of usable oxygen, as opposed to tap water which typically
> contains only 6-to-10ppm. It is non-toxic, drug free and an IOC
> accredited Australian laboratory has certified that it contains no
> banned substances. Increase your aerobic power and peak performance
> training with new Sports OxyShot. For more information call 1300 656
> 358."
>
> Wow! Can I have some?! Mmmmm expensive salty water with a few bubbles...

Wonder if they did any VO2max tests on this stuff to see if it actually
does anything?

Somehow, I suspect not :)

Theo Bekkers wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
>
> > "An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an
> > aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly
> > the most radical new product going around. It provides massive
> > amounts of bio-available oxygen to the bloodstream, and contains a
> > minimum of 150,000ppm of usable oxygen, as opposed to tap water which
> > typically contains only 6-to-10ppm.

> I use a gaseous mixture containing more than 200,000 ppm of usable oxygen.
> It's free, just breathe in.
>
> Theo

It's bling. Bet you triathletes try it. May even swear by it.

Tam

Bleve wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > I just blogged this but thought I would pass it on:
> >
> > I'm going to need to find a website for this stuff later, but here's the
> > blurb for Sports Oxyshot that appeared on p66 of Triathlon & Multi Sport
> > Magazine, Volume 8, Number 7:
> >
> > "An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an
> > aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly the
> > most radical new product going around. It provides massive amounts of
> > bio-available oxygen to the bloodstream, and contains a minimum of
> > 150,000ppm of usable oxygen, as opposed to tap water which typically
> > contains only 6-to-10ppm. It is non-toxic, drug free and an IOC
> > accredited Australian laboratory has certified that it contains no
> > banned substances. Increase your aerobic power and peak performance
> > training with new Sports OxyShot. For more information call 1300 656
> > 358."
> >
> > Wow! Can I have some?! Mmmmm expensive salty water with a few bubbles...

> Wonder if they did any VO2max tests on this stuff to see if it actually
> does anything?
>
> Somehow, I suspect not :)

They may have... but they certainly wouldn't report the outcomes!

> > Are there people out there who believe that we get a significant
> > proportion of our oxygen supply through our digestive tract?

I didn't read the original all the way through, so I'm piggybacking on
Bleve's post here. :)

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
>> Are there people out there who believe that we get a significant
>> proportion of our oxygen supply through our digestive tract?

Of course we do! I mean, we absorb water through our digestive tract,
right? And water is two thirds oxygen, right? And then there's all these
carbohydrates; they contain a lot of oxygen too!

Damnit, I think my tongue's firmly stuck in my cheek ... anybody know
how to get it out of there?

Stuart Lamble wrote:

> I didn't read the original all the way through, so I'm piggybacking on
> Bleve's post here. :)
>
> > Tamyka Bell wrote:
> >> Are there people out there who believe that we get a significant
> >> proportion of our oxygen supply through our digestive tract?

> Of course we do! I mean, we absorb water through our digestive tract,
> right? And water is two thirds oxygen, right? And then there's all these
> carbohydrates; they contain a lot of oxygen too!
>
> Damnit, I think my tongue's firmly stuck in my cheek ... anybody know
> how to get it out of there?

I think that's caused by dehydration. Try some Sports OxyShot.

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
[...]

I bet it will catch on... in a country where most of us have access to clean drinking water we buy it by the case!

Isn't there an oxygen bar in Melbourne somewhere now?

ali

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote:
>
>>Tamyka Bell wrote:
>>

>>>"An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an
>>>aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly
>>>the most radical new product going around. It provides massive
>>>amounts of bio-available oxygen to the bloodstream, and contains a
>>>minimum of 150,000ppm of usable oxygen, as opposed to tap water which
>>>typically contains only 6-to-10ppm.

>>I use a gaseous mixture containing more than 200,000 ppm of usable oxygen.
>>It's free, just breathe in.
>>
>>Theo

> It's bling. Bet you triathletes try it. May even swear by it.
>
> Tam

It got a good bagging over in
http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?showtopic=13621
by the triathletes.

jh

jh wrote:

> Tamyka Bell wrote:
> > Theo Bekkers wrote:

> >>I use a gaseous mixture containing more than 200,000 ppm of usable oxygen.
> >>It's free, just breathe in.
> >>
> >>Theo

> > It's bling. Bet you triathletes try it. May even swear by it.
> >
> > Tam

> It got a good bagging over in
> http://forums.transitions.org.au/index.php?showtopic=13621
> by the triathletes.
>
> jh

I reckon it'd do great at the St George/BRW corporate series ;)

Sounds very similar to these 'placebo' pills I use.....I swear they work....honest:cool: .

Rhino-x wrote:
> Sounds very similar to these 'placebo' pills I use.....I swear they
> work....honest:cool: .

I get mine from ebay and probikekit.com.
I hear they stock them at SBR ....

Bleve said:
Rhino-x wrote:
> Sounds very similar to these 'placebo' pills I use.....I swear they
> work....honest:cool: .

I get mine from ebay and probikekit.com.
I hear they stock them at SBR ....

I hear that triathletes are more efficient when fitted with gills. Providing super-oxygenated water is just the next step. :D

Steve(I've gotta shoulder full of steroids at present....Hurties)A

Shouldn't this read "Free radical...etc" And dosen't that make it a
carcinogen that also accelerates ageing?

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I just blogged this but thought I would pass it on:
>
> I'm going to need to find a website for this stuff later, but here's the
> blurb for Sports Oxyshot that appeared on p66 of Triathlon & Multi Sport
> Magazine, Volume 8, Number 7:
>
> "An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an
> aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly the
> most radical new product going around. It provides massive amounts of
> bio-available oxygen to the bloodstream, and contains a minimum of
> 150,000ppm of usable oxygen, as opposed to tap water which typically
> contains only 6-to-10ppm. It is non-toxic, drug free and an IOC
> accredited Australian laboratory has certified that it contains no
> banned substances. Increase your aerobic power and peak performance
> training with new Sports OxyShot. For more information call 1300 656
> 358."
>
> Wow! Can I have some?! Mmmmm expensive salty water with a few bubbles...
>
> Are there people out there who believe that we get a significant
> proportion of our oxygen supply through our digestive tract?

PHP:
Are there people out there who believe that we get a significant
proportion of our oxygen supply through our digestive tract?[/QUOTE]
PHP:

Only benefits I see are that flaring off a fart might be slightly less oderous (and therefore perhaps less odious), and should be accompanied by a much prettier colour. A more cleaner burn. Holy **** - drop a galloon of the stuff and flare off /spool up the turbo in the final sprint.

Danger, contains dihydrogen monoxide.

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Tamyka Bell said:
"An oxygen supplement containing bio-available diatomic oxygen in an aqueous water and saline solution, Sports OxyShot is quite possibly the most radical new product going around.

"I used to run out of oxymorongen during races and training exercises, ending up a red-faced, coughing mess. But now with OxyShit I have more bio-available oxymorongen at my disposal and power on longer than ever before!
Thankyou OxyShit!"
- Athlete

hippy
- still ends up a red-faced, coughing mess.. should quit smoking eh?

SteveA wrote:

> Bleve Wrote:
> > Rhino-x wrote:
> > > Sounds very similar to these 'placebo' pills I use.....I swear they
> > > work....honest:cool: .

> > I get mine from ebay and probikekit.com.
> > I hear they stock them at SBR ....

> I hear that triathletes are more efficient when fitted with gills.
> Providing super-oxygenated water is just the next step. :D
>
> Steve(I've gotta shoulder full of steroids at present....Hurties)A
>
> --
> SteveA

Cyclists seem to pride themselves on their ability to pay out on
triathletes. This trait is now beginning to appear in runners, as
illustrated on p41 of this month's Run For Your Life magazine:

"Sports gels come in a variety of flavours and consistencies. You
should try different gels to see what suits your personal likes and
dislikes. Some gels can be added to water (in a gel flask) to make them
less vicious(1), which may make the gel a better consistency for
consuming. Only problem with that is you would need to wear a gel flask
belt - which means someone may mistake you as a triathlete."(2)

Tam

(1) They probably meant viscous.
(2) I'm not even going to start with the grammar in this sentence.

Tamyka Bell said:
SteveA wrote:

> Bleve Wrote:
> > Rhino-x wrote:
> > > Sounds very similar to these 'placebo' pills I use.....I swear they
> > > work....honest:cool: .

> > I get mine from ebay and probikekit.com.
> > I hear they stock them at SBR ....

> I hear that triathletes are more efficient when fitted with gills.
> Providing super-oxygenated water is just the next step. :D
>
> Steve(I've gotta shoulder full of steroids at present....Hurties)A
>
> --
> SteveA

Cyclists seem to pride themselves on their ability to pay out on
triathletes. This trait is now beginning to appear in runners, as
illustrated on p41 of this month's Run For Your Life magazine:

"Sports gels come in a variety of flavours and consistencies. You
should try different gels to see what suits your personal likes and
dislikes. Some gels can be added to water (in a gel flask) to make them
less vicious(1), which may make the gel a better consistency for
consuming. Only problem with that is you would need to wear a gel flask
belt - which means someone may mistake you as a triathlete."(2)

Tam

(1) They probably meant viscous.
(2) I'm not even going to start with the grammar in this sentence.

Earlier this week, Foxtel was showing some triathlons late at night. I watched one being held in Beijing and one being held in Switzerland. I only watched for the cycling, mind you. But I did notice that quit a few bikes were being ridden without tri-bars, which was interesting.

SteveA