Most Starts for a Tour de France?

Bob

Guest
Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent
history, say after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to
record? I think this year will be 14 or 15?

Thanks

Bob wrote:

> Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent
> history, say after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to
> record? I think this year will be 14 or 15?

I don't know what the record is but Joop Zoetemelk had 16
participatations from 1970 to 1986.

--

Martin Honnen

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:58 -0700, Bob wrote:
>Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent
>history, say after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to
>record? I think this year will be 14 or 15?

Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop Zoetemelk: 16
starts, 16 finishes.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:58 -0700, Bob wrote:
>
>>Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent
>>history, say after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to
>>record? I think this year will be 14 or 15?
>

> Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop Zoetemelk:
> 16 starts, 16 finishes.

Who has the record for most overall wins? Is Thomas
Dekker related to Erik Dekker? How do you pronouce
Zoetemelk's name?

"Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:43:58 -0700, Bob wrote:
> >
> >>Who has the record for the most Tour starts? In recent
> >>history, say after WWII? Is Viatcheslav Ekimov close to
> >>record? I think this year will be 14 or 15?
> >

> > Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop
> > Zoetemelk: 16 starts, 16 finishes.
>
> Who has the record for most overall wins?

5-way tie between LANCE, Miguel Indurain, Bernard
Hinault, Eddy Merckx and Jacques Anquetil, going backward
in time. Each won 5 times. Armstrong and Indurain each
won 5 in a row.

> Is Thomas Dekker related to Erik Dekker?

Another RBR poster today said no... I'm not sure.

> How do you pronouce Zoetemelk's name?

According to Mike Jacoubowsky, "Yowp Zootemelk."

-Sonarrat.

Sonarrat wrote:
> "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote
> in message news:[email protected]...
>

>>Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

>>>Who else but Thomas Dekker's great-uncle, Joop Zoetemelk:
>>>16 starts, 16 finishes.
>>
>>Who has the record for most overall wins?
>

> 5-way tie between LANCE, Miguel Indurain, Bernard
> Hinault, Eddy Merckx and Jacques Anquetil, going backward
> in time. Each won 5 times. Armstrong and Indurain each
> won 5 in a row.
>

>>Is Thomas Dekker related to Erik Dekker?
>

> Another RBR poster today said no... I'm not sure.
>

>>How do you pronouce Zoetemelk's name?
>

> According to Mike Jacoubowsky, "Yowp Zootemelk."

These should be in the FAQ...that hasn't been added to since
April 2003.

In article <[email protected]>,
Stewart Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

> How do you pronouce Zoetemelk's name?

In all honesty, I probably pronounce it badly.

--
tanx, Howard

"Copper will never be gold" Shellac

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?