Most steep, asphalt drive on the world

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by czajna, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. czajna

    czajna Guest

    WHERE? How many %?
     
    Tags:


  2. triumph

    triumph Guest

    I did a race one time with a 90% brick climb in it one time. We all
    crashed into it like it was a wall.
     
  3. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    triumph wrote:
    > I did a race one time with a 90% brick climb in it one time. We all
    > crashed into it like it was a wall.
    >


    I've seen that happen lots of times. Mostly in Road Runner cartoons.
     
  4. Ernst Noch

    Ernst Noch Guest

  5. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    Fillmore, in SF, is between 19 and 26% steep.
     
  6. czajna

    czajna Guest

    But drive where is asphalt!
     
  7. k.papai wrote:

    > All your base are belong to us!
    >


    What you say?
     
  8. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    All your base are belong to us!
     
  9. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

  10. SH

    SH Guest

    Main Screen Turn On
     
  11. sonarrat

    sonarrat Guest

    Richard Adams wrote:
    > k.papai wrote:
    >
    >> All your base are belong to us!
    >>

    >
    > What you say?


    What you say!

    Somebody set us up the bomb!
     
  12. I know that Filbert street in San Francisco has held the record,
    along with 22nd street (I think). The grade is about 33%, and the
    streets are one way down. You can find a video of someone rollerskating
    down Filbert on this website (interestingly, they are not aware of
    the record):

    http://sebastienlaffargue.free.fr/english/videos/videos.htm

    -ilan

    czajna a écrit :

    > WHERE? How many %?
     
  13. sonarrat wrote:

    > Richard Adams wrote:
    >
    >> k.papai wrote:
    >>
    >>> All your base are belong to us!
    >>>

    >>
    >> What you say?

    >
    >
    > What you say!
    >
    > Somebody set us up the bomb!


    Take off every 'zig' !!
     
  14. Filbert is creepy because in most cars as you pull up to the edge, you
    can't see any road in front of you over the hood.
     
  15. k.papai

    k.papai Guest

    David Letterman visited Filbert Street in 2001 and rolled a bunch of
    stuff down it -- pumpkins or huge zucchini/squash? Maybe super balls
    or ping pong balls?

    I cannot say however if Main Screen are Turn On, or Set us Up the Bomb.
    Damn.

    -Ken
     
  16. k.papai wrote:

    > David Letterman visited Filbert Street in 2001 and rolled a bunch of
    > stuff down it -- pumpkins or huge zucchini/squash? Maybe super balls
    > or ping pong balls?


    For great justice!

    > I cannot say however if Main Screen are Turn On, or Set us Up the Bomb.
    > Damn.
    >
    > -Ken
    >
     
  17. k.papai wrote:

    > All your base are belong to us!
    >

    LOL!

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com
    Brooklyn, NY
    718-258-5001
     
  18. Andrew F Martin a écrit :

    > Filbert is creepy because in most cars as you pull up to the edge, you
    > can't see any road in front of you over the hood.


    As many people who were passengers in my car can confirm.

    -ilan
     
  19. Mad Dog

    Mad Dog Guest

    [email protected] says...

    >Andrew F Martin a =E9crit :


    >> Filbert is creepy because in most cars as you pull up to the edge, you
    >> can't see any road in front of you over the hood.


    >As many people who were passengers in my car can confirm.


    The key is to not "pull up to the edge". Hit that sucker at speed.
     
Loading...
Loading...