Most tasteless jersey ...

No, the USA has not won a damn thing. LeMond and Armstrong - with a multinational support team -
have won 7 of the last 17 Tours.

-r

http://www.nashbar.com/profile_moreimages.cfm?category=137&subcategory=1207&

"Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in news:eek:[email protected]:

> "Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> and the award goes to Nashbar
>>
> http://www.nashbar.com/profile_moreimages.cfm?category=137&subcategory= 1207& sku=9034&brand=
>>

> Now thats one jersey I wouldnt wear in France.
>
> Stan Cox

You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
"Cutters" t-shirt over there. Talk about "the ugly american" ;)

- Boyd S.

"Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote
> You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
> "Cutters" t-shirt over there. Talk about "the ugly american"

What about the ugly french?

The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could change
currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English. This was a
woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was openly hostile
to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!

Cheers,

Jim

---

Tezza <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Oh,,,, why does the rest of the world hate us so much?"
>

> that jersey design says it all - a little humility goes an awful long way, particularly when you
> are on top!!! Tezza:rolleyes:

Y'know, I can't speak for the French, but if a yank was walking around Australia with US
flag/Australia equivalent, I can't honestly say how long he would survive for..

Imagine a Japanese Tourist in the USA in the 1980's wearing a map of the USA with the rising sun....

In article <[email protected]>, " Tim Mullin"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > and the award goes to Nashbar
>
> Is the voting over already? ****! I never got a chance to enter my jersey...
>

> begin 666 Iraq Jersey.JPG [Image]
>
> end

Bad form to post a pic to this newsgroup, but that was Fark-tacular! Good job.

BTW, the _most_ tasteless would be the same "France" jersey, but with the German tricolour and
"GERMAN DOMINATED, 1940-1944"

Though a close second might be the "TEAM PUKE" jersey one guy wore to last week's Twoonie race,

In article <[email protected]>, Jim Martin <[email protected]> wrote:

> What about the ugly french?
>
> The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
> change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English.
> This was a woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was
> openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!

You mean you went to France and didn't know how to ask a simple question in French? That's rude and
presumptious. You got what you deserved. Have more respect for the country you're visiting and learn
at least a few words of the language just like you'd expect a French person to do if they were
visiting the US and asking you where the currency exchange was.

-WG

"Jim Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote
> > You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
> > "Cutters" t-shirt
over
> > there. Talk about "the ugly american"
>
> What about the ugly french?
>
> The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
> change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said
(in
> English) that she did not speak English. This was a woman working in the information booth at a
> major international airport and she was openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll
> wear it!

So you have direct experience seeing how ugly nationalism is and you want to be that way too?

> The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
> change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English.
> This was a woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was
> openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!

My experience at so-called "information" booths was similar, but not in a way that was hostile
towards Americans, but simply hostile towards anyone who expected useful information. I witnessed a
number of exchanges at the help booths in the Gare du Nord station between natives that went
nowhere fast.

So I, with my horrific (beyond that, actually) French from a phrasebook, go up to one of the main
ticket windows and had absolutely no problem finding out exactly what I needed, from a very pleasant
Frenchman, who even lied through his teeth by saying that I spoke French quite nicely!

"Jim Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote
> > You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
> > "Cutters" t-shirt over there. Talk about "the ugly american"
>
> What about the ugly french?
>
> The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
> change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English.
> This was a woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was
> openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jim

There are idiots in every country. Bear in mind that the French think that Parisienes (spelling) are
rude. BTW as a brit what is a "Cutters" t shirt.

Stan Cox

In article <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> BTW, the _most_ tasteless would be the same "France" jersey, but with the German tricolour and
> "GERMAN DOMINATED, 1940-1944"

In the early eighties I did see a shirt that was done in the style of band tour t-shirts that
read "Adolf ****** European Tour 1939-1945" on the front. On the back, it had a list of the
various countries that they, um, "visited".

--
tanx, Howard

Read. Think. Type. Send.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

warren <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws 190620032101531015%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Jim Martin
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > What about the ugly french?
> >
> > The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport
information
> > booth were I could change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said
(in
> > English) that she did not speak English. This was a woman working in the information booth at a
> > major international airport and she was openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll
> > wear it!
>
> You mean you went to France and didn't know how to ask a simple question in French? That's rude
> and presumptious.

Where I live, I regurarly am spoken to in english...people assume I don't speak dutch even without
asking. Whatever happened to the simple phrasebook? It would be so nice if the tourists just tried.

And yes, that is indeed a horrible jersey.

Jonathan.

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:40:39 +0200, Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
>Where I live, I regurarly am spoken to in english...people assume I don't speak dutch even
>without asking.

At first I thought they assumed because you're not Dutch and they can tell by looking at you, but
then I realized what you meant. Sorry.