Most tasteless jersey ...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert McMillen, Jun 19, 2003.

  1. K. B. Rook

    K. B. Rook Guest

  2. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

  3. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

  4. No, the USA has not won a damn thing. LeMond and Armstrong - with a multinational support team -
    have won 7 of the last 17 Tours.

    -r

    http://www.nashbar.com/profile_moreimages.cfm?category=137&subcategory=1207&

  5. "Stan Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in news:eek:[email protected]:

    > "Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> and the award goes to Nashbar
    >>
    > http://www.nashbar.com/profile_moreimages.cfm?category=137&subcategory= 1207& sku=9034&brand=
    >>

    > Now thats one jersey I wouldnt wear in France.
    >
    > Stan Cox

    You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
    "Cutters" t-shirt over there. Talk about "the ugly american" ;)

    - Boyd S.

  6. Tezza

    Tezza New Member

    Joined:
    May 26, 2003
  7. Jim Martin

    Jim Martin Guest

    "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote
    > You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
    > "Cutters" t-shirt over there. Talk about "the ugly american"

    What about the ugly french?

    The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could change
    currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English. This was a
    woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was openly hostile
    to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!

    Cheers,

    Jim

    ---

  8. G

    G Guest

    Tezza <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Oh,,,, why does the rest of the world hate us so much?"
    >

    > that jersey design says it all - a little humility goes an awful long way, particularly when you
    > are on top!!! Tezza:rolleyes:

    Y'know, I can't speak for the French, but if a yank was walking around Australia with US
    flag/Australia equivalent, I can't honestly say how long he would survive for..

    Imagine a Japanese Tourist in the USA in the 1980's wearing a map of the USA with the rising sun....

  9. Pete

    Pete Guest

  10. In article <[email protected]sread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, " Tim Mullin"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Robert McMillen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > and the award goes to Nashbar
    >
    > Is the voting over already? Shit! I never got a chance to enter my jersey...
    >

    > begin 666 Iraq Jersey.JPG [Image]
    >
    > end

    Bad form to post a pic to this newsgroup, but that was Fark-tacular! Good job.

    BTW, the _most_ tasteless would be the same "France" jersey, but with the German tricolour and
    "GERMAN DOMINATED, 1940-1944"

    Though a close second might be the "TEAM PUKE" jersey one guy wore to last week's Twoonie race,

  11. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Jim Martin <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What about the ugly french?
    >
    > The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
    > change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English.
    > This was a woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was
    > openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!

    You mean you went to France and didn't know how to ask a simple question in French? That's rude and
    presumptious. You got what you deserved. Have more respect for the country you're visiting and learn
    at least a few words of the language just like you'd expect a French person to do if they were
    visiting the US and asking you where the currency exchange was.

    -WG

  12. "Jim Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
    > > "Cutters" t-shirt
    over
    > > there. Talk about "the ugly american"
    >
    > What about the ugly french?
    >
    > The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
    > change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said
    (in
    > English) that she did not speak English. This was a woman working in the information booth at a
    > major international airport and she was openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll
    > wear it!

    So you have direct experience seeing how ugly nationalism is and you want to be that way too?

  13. Amit

    Amit Guest

  14. > The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
    > change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English.
    > This was a woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was
    > openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!

    My experience at so-called "information" booths was similar, but not in a way that was hostile
    towards Americans, but simply hostile towards anyone who expected useful information. I witnessed a
    number of exchanges at the help booths in the Gare du Nord station between natives that went
    nowhere fast.

    So I, with my horrific (beyond that, actually) French from a phrasebook, go up to one of the main
    ticket windows and had absolutely no problem finding out exactly what I needed, from a very pleasant
    Frenchman, who even lied through his teeth by saying that I spoke French quite nicely!

  15. Stan Cox

    Stan Cox Guest

    "Jim Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > You can bet your ass some dork will, though. Probably one of the same dorks that would where a
    > > "Cutters" t-shirt over there. Talk about "the ugly american"
    >
    > What about the ugly french?
    >
    > The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport information booth were I could
    > change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said (in English) that she did not speak English.
    > This was a woman working in the information booth at a major international airport and she was
    > openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll wear it!
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Jim

    There are idiots in every country. Bear in mind that the French think that Parisienes (spelling) are
    rude. BTW as a brit what is a "Cutters" t shirt.

    Stan Cox

  16. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

    > BTW, the _most_ tasteless would be the same "France" jersey, but with the German tricolour and
    > "GERMAN DOMINATED, 1940-1944"

    In the early eighties I did see a shirt that was done in the style of band tour t-shirts that
    read "Adolf Hitler European Tour 1939-1945" on the front. On the back, it had a list of the
    various countries that they, um, "visited".

    --
    tanx, Howard

    Read. Think. Type. Send.

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

    For some people, quantity IS quality...

  17. warren <[email protected]> schreef in berichtnieuws 190620032101531015%[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>, Jim Martin
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > What about the ugly french?
    > >
    > > The one time I was in Paris, I asked the woman at the airport
    information
    > > booth were I could change currency. She blew smoke in my face and said
    (in
    > > English) that she did not speak English. This was a woman working in the information booth at a
    > > major international airport and she was openly hostile to Amercians. Gimme that Jersey and I'll
    > > wear it!
    >
    > You mean you went to France and didn't know how to ask a simple question in French? That's rude
    > and presumptious.

    Where I live, I regurarly am spoken to in english...people assume I don't speak dutch even without
    asking. Whatever happened to the simple phrasebook? It would be so nice if the tourists just tried.

    And yes, that is indeed a horrible jersey.

    Jonathan.

  18. On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:40:39 +0200, Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:
    >Where I live, I regurarly am spoken to in english...people assume I don't speak dutch even
    >without asking.

    At first I thought they assumed because you're not Dutch and they can tell by looking at you, but
    then I realized what you meant. Sorry.