Motion Control Shoes

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Vegas Vic, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Vegas Vic

    Vegas Vic Guest

    I'm a heavy runner (200+ lbs) and overpronator who runs 20-25 miles per week. I have been wearing
    New Balance 1122's without too much problem -- a little too much pressure on my arches, but at least
    no shin splints or knee pain. I tried a pair of Brooks Beast and immediately felt knee and shin pain
    after only a few miles. They felt great on my feet (unlike the NB), so I'm really disappointed.

    I'm thinking of trying the ASICS Gel-Koji. Has anyone switched from Beast to Koji (or another
    shoe) with success? I've heard good things about the Mizuno Renegade but I need a 13W so I think
    I'm out of luck.

    Tags:

  2. A good blacksmith should be able to set you up.

  3. Jim Johnson

    Jim Johnson Guest

    "Vegas Vic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm a heavy runner (200+ lbs) and overpronator who runs 20-25 miles per week. I have been wearing
    > New Balance 1122's without too much problem -- a little too much pressure on my arches, but at
    > least no shin splints or knee pain. I tried a pair of Brooks Beast and immediately felt knee and
    > shin pain after only a few miles. They felt great on my feet (unlike the NB), so I'm really
    > disappointed.
    >
    > I'm thinking of trying the ASICS Gel-Koji. Has anyone switched from Beast to Koji (or another
    > shoe) with success? I've heard good things about the Mizuno Renegade but I need a 13W so I think
    > I'm out of luck.

    The Koji doesn't have the straight lasted cut and filled in arch like the 1122 and Beast. It's also
    getting an overhaul for late summer/early fall. You might want to try the Brooks Addiction if you
    want a shoe with a not so strong arch but good medial support via a straight last.

    Jim Johnson