Motion Control Shoes

Vegas Vic

Guest
I'm a heavy runner (200+ lbs) and overpronator who runs 20-25 miles per week. I have been wearing
New Balance 1122's without too much problem -- a little too much pressure on my arches, but at least
no shin splints or knee pain. I tried a pair of Brooks Beast and immediately felt knee and shin pain
after only a few miles. They felt great on my feet (unlike the NB), so I'm really disappointed.

I'm thinking of trying the ASICS Gel-Koji. Has anyone switched from Beast to Koji (or another
shoe) with success? I've heard good things about the Mizuno Renegade but I need a 13W so I think
I'm out of luck.

"Vegas Vic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm a heavy runner (200+ lbs) and overpronator who runs 20-25 miles per week. I have been wearing
> New Balance 1122's without too much problem -- a little too much pressure on my arches, but at
> least no shin splints or knee pain. I tried a pair of Brooks Beast and immediately felt knee and
> shin pain after only a few miles. They felt great on my feet (unlike the NB), so I'm really
> disappointed.
>
> I'm thinking of trying the ASICS Gel-Koji. Has anyone switched from Beast to Koji (or another
> shoe) with success? I've heard good things about the Mizuno Renegade but I need a 13W so I think
> I'm out of luck.

The Koji doesn't have the straight lasted cut and filled in arch like the 1122 and Beast. It's also
getting an overhaul for late summer/early fall. You might want to try the Brooks Addiction if you
want a shoe with a not so strong arch but good medial support via a straight last.

Jim Johnson