motivating yourself to ride

tomsey

Guest
well, lately i've been incredibly unmotivated to go for a roll.

i havent ridden in 3 weeks, partly becasue of girls and not having a
good seat, but does anyone else ever just feel like anything else can
be better than going out unicycling? (even when we all know there isnt
much better than riding)

its killin me... is this the end?

p.s. this isnt the first time ive felt this feeling. am i the only one?

--
tomsey

i cant see my signature... or anyones for that matter.
tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

tomsey wrote:
> well, lately i've been incredibly unmotivated to go for a roll.
>
> i havent ridden in 3 weeks, partly becasue of girls and not having a
> good seat, but does anyone else ever just feel like anything else can
> be better than going out unicycling? (even when we all know there isnt
> much better than riding)
>
> its killin me... is this the end?
>
> p.s. this isnt the first time ive felt this feeling. am i the only one?

I doubt you're the only one. Sometimes I have a hard time motivating
myself to go riding, but then I just talk myself into it, knowing that
as soon as I mount my muni and pedal just ONE revolution, I'm ALWAYS
glad that I went! :D It has taken a bit more time to convince myself to
go riding since it's been soooooo hot and humid lately! It's like I
have to wait almost 'till dark until it's cool enough so I don't drop
dead from heat stroke!

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

*My Video Gallery*: http://tinyurl.com/e6wt5
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Riding increases virility, girls like virility! if you have more
virility, girls are happy, if you ride more and girls are happy then
you are crazy happy (although very very tired). Problem solved. Actualy
I have found recently I have had pretty much the same problems. Between
work, my girlfriend, drivers ed, and graduation ****, riding has taken
a backseat. But I found that now I'm just so tired that if I go out
around 9 or ten at night and just ride for a couple hours, till about
midnight or so, then everything is great, and it relaxes me alot.

Plus I landed my first 8 set!

O and get a better seat that will make a huuuuge difference because
riding won't be a chore it will be a dream.

It's never too hot to ride, you are just unprepared for the weather.
Just ride at night, with minimal clothes, lots of water and in clear
areas with lots of breaze.

--
ntappin

it's just too dang hot here in Alabama to ride....I hate it....because I
really want to, but it's so hot

--
monkeyman

Interested in learning how to ride a unicycle QUICKLY AND SAFELY?
Stick with the bike
GhettoSmurf on the Lion King:

GhettoSmurf wrote:
> the aya lu a u bubla ba la da beachy ba ba part at the begingin of the
> movie

monkeyman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11455

this happened to me a while ago, and i just couldnt see the fun in going
for a ride, but then i just decided i'd just force myself to do it, and
once i did it all came back.

--
ice_cold_uni6

Torker's model names all mean things:
DX - Deluxe
TX - Tall
LX - Luxury
CX - ******
ice_cold_uni6's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12352

ThisGuyIKnow wrote:
> Make plans with someone else to go riding, then you can't not go because
> you'll be letting someone else down.

I dunno jeff, I'm so lazy that wouldnt work for me.:D

Alex,

Listen to music while you ride, that usual gets me pumped. Like picado
said, new parts sometimes does it.

--
Evan Byrne
Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

I'll go through long stints like that, and what really helps me is
having my coker. Whenever I don't ride for a while, I will plan and
have a nice long night ride with my coker. It always helps me relax and
appreciate unicycling more, so then I want to whip out my trials.

Chase

--
Unitik908

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P James Doohan
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Peter Jennings
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

-last edited by the dave and sigpoose on 2005-09-05 at 08:56 pm -

I dont like rain. Today I was about to go for a ride and then it started
raining really hard. That sucked.

Anyway. To motivate myself I think about what I want to do, then I go
out and do it :). I visualise and I try and try to do something. The
thing is, sometimes I wont stop till I get the line I was going for.
Once I was out until about 9:30 in the rain trying to get on a picnic
table for the first time. But I made it! So yeah, think about what you
want to achieve and then think about how much ass sitting on you've
done in the past week (oh wait, thats me...) and get out there!

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)

> Whaahahyeah! All you can hear is me screaming into the camera. Yahha!
> --Victory

'Listen to Music By Me' (http://musicinclined.blogspot.com)
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

i almost wanted to give up riding after spending 7 hrs over 2 days in
hot weather learning unispins. then i realized i need shinguards. duh.
pain.

--
ice_cold_uni6

Torker's model names all mean things:
DX - Deluxe
TX - Tall
LX - Luxury
CX - ******
ice_cold_uni6's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12352

I had the same problem couple of weeks ago, actually, I still have.
There has been a lot of good advices, like watching videos, getting new
equipment, riding with others etc. But when my motivation was very low
few weeks ago none of these really worked. And then I had almost a
month when I didnt ride at all, it just didnt felt good when I even
thought about or tried to go out for a ride. But few nights ago, after
about four weeks without serious riding, I went for a little spin to
our trials course and WHAM it felt damn good again. And in my opinion
taking a little break isnt always a bad thing, since after this month
of non-riding my hop height has increased almost 4 inches and riding
feels great again.

--
aleksi.palola

Enjoy life. You get to live every second only once.

http://lonelyriders.unicyclist.com/
aleksi.palola's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10917

As others have said, get a new seat, I like my Kris Holm Fusion, watch a
couple of videos on the gallery on here, and you will feel more like
going out.

As I have said on another post, my Uni magazine arrived in the post
this morning, a quick flick through, and I wanted to go and ride on my
Muni. http://www.unicyclemagazine.com/

Have a look at Amanda's gallery:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=201442

--
innes
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123

Hi,

Come on Alex, you can't say it's the end. You have been an example for
a lot of us. Your style still inspires me a lot, basically i have
learnt in2in, in2out unispins watching your vids and got decided to
learn crankflip+unispins because of your former avatar.

Each time my uni has a problem, i am in the mood for going riding : i
know that if i don't fix it i won't be able to achieve the new trick i
almost landed when my uni felt apart. So all i do is putting my energy
in that (definitely, buy a brand new seat).

But if you don't do anything, you forget how good riding was. The most
motivating thing is seeing how your skills are improving, and if you
don't practice, they don't... a vicious circle.
That's not so true, because when you ride for first time after some
days of break, you discover that things that were difficult became
easier while you were resting and you feel motivated for riding all
life long.

So, move yourself, buy a new seat, inflate your tire and go out to
perform new incredible moves. The community doesn't want to loose you.

Manuel

--
manu2015

Et Hop !
manu2015's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9834

I know what you mean Tomsey, man.

I aint rode my trials uni since BUC, 6 weeks ago. I rode my Muni at
work the other day to show the kids (I work in a primary school) and
got asked not to do it again as "it'll cause an accident and the school
will get sued", etc ,etc.

Mind you, there was 300 kids running after me on the playground!

I don't know why I can't be arsed with it. I'm happy with the level I
am at, and don't really feel the need to learn owt new. I don'tthink
it's the end tho, just a blip.

This could be one of the reasons tho! I bought me a bike! It's well
good fun!

T.

|Filename: me2.JPG |

DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less\" - johnhimsworth
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy\" - chrashing
\"darktom is our main man in scotland\" - gild
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

Hey
Sometimes you can learn when you do a break on your trainings
after 2 months of intensive unicycle i always do a 2 weeks break for my
body regeneration and mind too

its good to make a break sometimes... but dont let this break take too
long

--
picado

###unicycle for JAH RASTAFARI###

One wheel in brazil
picado's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11964

tomsey wrote:
> p.s. this isnt the first time ive felt this feeling. am i the only one?

yeah often happens when I don't have any new trick too try out .
Just take a smal break then try some new try use to work for me :)
(btw I take uni break on the winters so )

--
Xream-mX
Xream-mX's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11299