Motivation Issues

IndyRider

Aug 13, 2005
This thread is written with the intentions that I will receive as many "put downs" as possible for my good for nothing, dirt head brother-in-law. The more humor, the better.

Last year, this young man bought cycling equipment in the $1000 range. His intentions were to start training to compete in triathlons. Since that time, he has logged around 250 miles on his bike. This absurdly low total has inspired me to seek advice from the mighty cyclingforums.com group to motivate him to put his "nose to the grindstone" and start riding.

What do you folks think?

Remember....funnier the better!!!!

You could like sabotage his car. *legal dislaimer: information provided for entertainment purposes only* :D

IndyRider said:
This thread is written with the intentions that I will receive as many "put downs" as possible for my good for nothing, dirt head brother-in-law. !

It sounds like you should spend more time riding your bike and less time concerning yourself with putting down somebody else. Lead by example.

at least the guy admits to only 250 miles.

most losers i know ride 40 miles a week and brag they average "between 250 and 300".

if the guy only did 250 miles... perhaps he's training heavily in the swimming and running areas?:D

WarrenG said:
It sounds like you should spend more time riding your bike and less time concerning yourself with putting down somebody else. Lead by example.
Thanks, Warren. As I tried to state in the original post, this is a thread that was intended for the members of cyclingforums.com to be entertained and have fun. Lighten' up! I have nothing but love for my brother-in-law. My family was sitting around berating him for "wasting" his "money and bike." I teased him that I was going to post the controversy to this forum. He said I was bluffing, and I proved him wrong. Hope you can join in the fun with a little more explanation from myself.

WarrenG said:
He's averaging 17.8 miles per MONTH!!! He better be able to run on top of the water if that is the case.:D

BioWheel said:
Bet him he can't ride more and put some money on it.
call him at 5:00 am three mornings a week to tell him youll be there at 5:30 for a quick 20 miles before work.