Motivation

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by FOB, Jan 18, 2006.

  1. FOB

    FOB Guest

    SYDNEY (Reuters) - A prisoner lost some 30 pounds so he could squeeze
    through a hole he chiseled in a brick wall and escape from a maximum
    security jail in Sydney.

    Robert Cole, 36, who was serving time for stealing and assault, was being
    treated in the Long Bay prison hospital when he broke out of jail Tuesday
    night or early Wednesday morning.

    New South Wales state Corrective Services deputy commissioner Ian McLean
    told reporters it appeared Cole had deliberately lost weight so he could
    slip through the crack in the wall.

    "It certainly looks like it to me," McLean said on Wednesday.

    After squeezing through a small hole next to a window in the hospital wall,
    Cole scaled a wire fence crowned with razor wire and then walked along a
    prison wall, before jumping to freedom.

    There were no guards on the prison wall overnight, as jail authorities
    relied on surveillance cameras and sensor detectors to stop night
    jailbreaks. Long Bay's security manager has been stood down pending an
    investigation, said McLean.

    Tags:

  2. Marsha

    Marsha Guest

    FOB wrote:
    > SYDNEY (Reuters) - A prisoner lost some 30 pounds so he could squeeze
    > through a hole he chiseled in a brick wall and escape from a maximum
    > security jail in Sydney.
    >
    > Robert Cole, 36, who was serving time for stealing and assault, was being
    > treated in the Long Bay prison hospital when he broke out of jail Tuesday
    > night or early Wednesday morning.
    >
    > New South Wales state Corrective Services deputy commissioner Ian McLean
    > told reporters it appeared Cole had deliberately lost weight so he could
    > slip through the crack in the wall.
    >
    > "It certainly looks like it to me," McLean said on Wednesday.
    >
    > After squeezing through a small hole next to a window in the hospital wall,
    > Cole scaled a wire fence crowned with razor wire and then walked along a
    > prison wall, before jumping to freedom.
    >
    > There were no guards on the prison wall overnight, as jail authorities
    > relied on surveillance cameras and sensor detectors to stop night
    > jailbreaks. Long Bay's security manager has been stood down pending an
    > investigation, said McLean.

    Moral of story: Anyone trying to lose
    weight should be thrown in prison?

    Marsha/Ohio

  3. Roger Zoul

    Roger Zoul Guest

    Marsha <[email protected]> wrote:
    :> FOB wrote:
    :>> SYDNEY (Reuters) - A prisoner lost some 30 pounds so he could
    :>> squeeze through a hole he chiseled in a brick wall and escape from
    :>> a maximum security jail in Sydney.
    :>>
[...]
    :>
    :> Moral of story: Anyone trying to lose
    :> weight should be thrown in prison?

    How about: Anyone trying to lose weight should act like a man in prison
    wanting to get out.

    :)

  4. Marsha

    Marsha Guest

    Roger Zoul wrote:

    > Marsha <[email protected]> wrote:
    > :> FOB wrote:
    > :>> SYDNEY (Reuters) - A prisoner lost some 30 pounds so he could
    > :>> squeeze through a hole he chiseled in a brick wall and escape from
    > :>> a maximum security jail in Sydney.
    > :>>
    > :>> Robert Cole, 36, who was serving time for stealing and assault, was
    > :>> being treated in the Long Bay prison hospital when he broke out of
    > :>> jail Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning.
    > :>>
    > :>> New South Wales state Corrective Services deputy commissioner Ian
    > :>> McLean told reporters it appeared Cole had deliberately lost weight
    > :>> so he could slip through the crack in the wall.
    > :>>
    > :>> "It certainly looks like it to me," McLean said on Wednesday.
    > :>>
    > :>> After squeezing through a small hole next to a window in the
    > :>> hospital wall, Cole scaled a wire fence crowned with razor wire and
    > :>> then walked along a prison wall, before jumping to freedom.
    > :>>
    > :>> There were no guards on the prison wall overnight, as jail
    > :>> authorities relied on surveillance cameras and sensor detectors to
    > :>> stop night jailbreaks. Long Bay's security manager has been stood
    > :>> down pending an investigation, said McLean.
    > :>
    > :> Moral of story: Anyone trying to lose
    > :> weight should be thrown in prison?
    >
    > How about: Anyone trying to lose weight should act like a man in prison
    > wanting to get out.
    >
    > :)

    Well, it would be tough for me to act
    like a man, being female and all that,
    but I'll try :)

    Marsha/Ohio

  5. Saffire

    Saffire Guest

    says...
    > Moral of story: Anyone trying to lose
    > weight should be thrown in prison?

    It seems to have worked for Scott Peterson :)

    --
    Saffire
    205/134/125

    *** This post originated in alt.support.diet.low-carb -- its appearance
    in any other forum is deceptive and unauthorized. ***