Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Motobecane fantom uno customization questions

Started by thewraith · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,039 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
30 July 2010
Last activity
30 July 2010
Original author
thewraith
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,039
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a motobecane single speed fantom uno that was given to me by a friend. I love the weight of the bike, but mainly want to use it for commuting. I have two questions for you experts please:

    1. Can this be converted to a geared/multi speed bicycle w/out any major frame modifications?

    2. Please recommend to me a pair of straight (mountain bike style) handlebars and brakes that I can convert this to.

    thank you in advance!!

    Motobecane USA | Cyclocross Bicycles | Track Bicycles | Cross Bicycles[LEFT]
    Read more: http://www.cyclingforums.com/singlespeed/477824-motobecane-fantom-cross-uno-customization-question.html#ixzz0vC65s9ju
    [/LEFT]

  2. thewraith said:

    I have a motobecane single speed fantom uno that was given to me by a friend. I love the weight of the bike, but mainly want to use it for commuting. I have two questions for you experts please:

    1. Can this be converted to a geared/multi speed bicycle w/out any major frame modifications?

    Yes. This can be easily done. All that you need to have done to the frame is to have the rear end cold set to a wider spacing to match whatever component group you'd use.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.