Motobecane mountain bikes?..

mike7382

Jul 27, 2004
I have been on bikesdirect.com and seen these motobecanes for good prices and I was wondering if it is legitament? I was looking at the 700ht and it is $500 and it says that it is comparable to a $1000 trek...which is like the Trek 6500. I looked at the components for the motobecane and they seem good seeing as Trek uses all of them. So what is the catch?...is the frame not good or not light...or are they junk. Should I spend $500 on the motobecane or $500 on a Trek 4500 or 4300? Thank you.

mike7382 said:
I have been on bikesdirect.com and seen these motobecanes for good prices and I was wondering if it is legitament?
It's legit. If you can live without a name brand sticker, some of the best valued bikes around can be found on that site. I've never heard a single complaint about any of their bikes.

Scotty_Dog said:
It's legit. If you can live without a name brand sticker, some of the best valued bikes around can be found on that site. I've never heard a single complaint about any of their bikes.
Thanks for your help.

Scotty_Dog said:
well, you're about to; granted this happened a few years ago, but the website hasn't substantially changed since i dealt with them.

bought a motobecane x4b full-susser, the frame was a clone of the khs fxt model; deore drivetrain, tektro v's, factory bar/stem/post/wheelset (disc-ready). rode it stock for 7 months, upgraded a lot of parts, got 4 more months out of it BEFORE THE FRAME CRACKED IN ONE PLACE AND BROKE IN ANOTHER! no air, no big hits, 85% commuting -- and we have a frame in pieces. the website ignored me just as capably as did motobecane.

f*** bikesdirect.com.

bigpedaler said:
rode it stock for 7 months, upgraded a lot of parts, got 4 more months out of it...........
I concede to 1 bad review, 5 years after the initial purchase (2003). Those are still pretty good odds. Also, was it 11 months or 14 months before the frame cracked and broke? Splitting hairs, I know, but an earlier post of yours also contradicts your recent claim of "no air" from this topic: http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?p=3305879#post3305879

Scotty_Dog said:
I concede to 1 bad review, 5 years after the initial purchase (2003). Those are still pretty good odds. Also, was it 11 months or 14 months before the frame cracked and broke? Splitting hairs, I know, but an earlier post of yours also contradicts your recent claim of "no air" from this topic: http://www.cyclingforums.com/showthread.php?p=3305879#post3305879
ok, MOM...

3 months didn't come into account becasue they were threee months in the f***ing garage, unable to ride at all! and if you call 4 INCHES 'air', then you can get air over a flamethrower -- got it?

I have a complaint. My first MTB (1988) was a Motobecane and the paint job was just ghastly. Orange, Lime Green and Yellow. Like fruity vomit.

:D

I have a Mitsuba M30 Mountain Bike, it has a durable hi-ten steel suspension frame, and 20-inch Uri mountain tires.

L11205028.jpg

Mother bought me a Motobecane mountain bike as birthesday gift, really like it, but don,t know the money.

celia123 said:
Mother bought me a Motobecane mountain bike as birthesday gift, really like it, don,t know the money.
I have asked my mom, she said it is $381. it works fine until now.