Motobecane Tri Bike Question

Interesting... anyone else have any feedback on the quality of this bike? So far it seems decent for a beginner. I have several years of road biking experience, but am looking to enter a triathlon next month

Yes, thanks I have seen those. The second comment from 'yatesdr' on Aug 10, 2009 worries me a bit because I don't exactly know what he means. I am 5'11" and currently ride a 56cm road bike but think I'd prefer a 58 cm, since I rode a larger frame before and believe I liked it better.

I guess yatesdr is saying to order it by the road bike size. Obviously I should try to find a Motobecane dealer and ask to sit on one, but that feels crappy and I don't know of one around thse here parts.

Well, in the interests of full disclosure, I've never considered doing a Tri...I'm thinking if I have to go that far, I'm checking train schedules :D:D.

But when I got fit for my road bike I was somewhat between sizes--I'm 5/10.5, a 31" standing inseam. Most of the conventional wisdom was pointing me to a 54cm road bike, but I felt better on the 56--not quite as aggressive a position at this point in my relatively new cycling career.

Doing a Tri, I'd think maybe a slightly more aggressive posit would be desirable? If so, then the smaller of your two choices (the 56) might be best.

In any case, happy hunting on the new ride and best of luck with your competition!!

Bill

Lol.. I hear ya on the train schedule. I am sure my brain will be asking me, "What were you thinking?!?". Thanks for the suggestions.