    bikes out of Europe these days.

    From: "John Hurrell" <[email protected]> Subject: Deal? - 2002 Motobecane/Dura-Ace
    $1100 Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 4:13 AM

    I have an opportunity to purchase a Motobecane le Champion Team with Dura- Ace for $1100. I know
    that the real Motobecane went bankrupt years ago and this isn't the same company I remember.

    Still, would this still be worth the money just for the Dura-Ace? The frame has have a full
    lifetime warranty.

    Dura-Ace equipped bikes locally (Rochester, NY) cost $1800+.

    Here are more specs:
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/motobecane_Le_Champion_ Team. htm

    --
    John Hurrell

    Remove obvious to reply via email.

    Tags:

  2. Is MBK and Motobecane the same????? Don't think so. Hjalmar "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
    > The MBK is a fair bike. If memory serves it's an oversize aluminum frame. The ones I saw were
    > polished but I suppose at that price it's probably painted.
    >
    > If the bike is new and it is really a DuraAce group and not just a DuraAce rear derailleur and
    > shifters, it's probably a pretty good deal. And the bike will handle as well as most of the
    > aluminum bikes out of Europe these days.
    >

    > From: "John Hurrell" <[email protected]> Subject: Deal? - 2002
    > Motobecane/Dura-Ace $1100 Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 4:13 AM
    >
    > I have an opportunity to purchase a Motobecane le Champion Team with Dura- Ace for $1100. I know
    > that the real Motobecane went bankrupt years ago and this isn't the same company I remember.
    >
    > Still, would this still be worth the money just for the Dura-Ace? The frame has have a full
    > lifetime warranty.
    >
    > Dura-Ace equipped bikes locally (Rochester, NY) cost $1800+.
    >
    > Here are more specs: http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/motobecane_Le_Champion_
    > Team. htm
    >
    > --
    > John Hurrell
    >
    > Remove obvious to reply via email.

  3. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

  4. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > > Is MBK and Motobecane the same????? Don't think so.
    > >
    > > http://www.mbk.fr
    > >
    > >Yes,just what I thought. There is however, a bicycle factory in Denmark
    > making MBK bikes, but this has nothing to do with Motobecane. See:
    > http://www.mbk-cykler.dk/ Hjalmar

    http://www.mbk.fr/qui/home.php

  5. Wantagofast

    Wantagofast Guest

    the MBKs the pros ride are really CYFACs.

    yes MBK is the same as Motobecane. Wierd though as there is no K in the French alphabit.

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > >
    > > > http://www.mbk.fr
    > > >
    > > >Yes,just what I thought. There is however, a bicycle factory in Denmark
    > > making MBK bikes, but this has nothing to do with Motobecane. See: http://www.mbk-cykler.dk/
    > > Hjalmar
    >
    > http://www.mbk.fr/qui/home.php

  6. Wantagofast

    Wantagofast Guest

    from cyclingnews.com:

    CYFAC lacks the big budget to sponsor pro teams under its own name, but many of their bikes are
    ridden in the pro peloton under the guise of another sponsor's name and paint job. This was the case
    with the French Cofidis team, who rode the frames under the name MBK through 2002. This year, CYFAC
    provides frames for the MBK-Oktos team. CYFAC frames have been ridden to stage victories in all
    three grand tours.

    "Wantagofast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > the MBKs the pros ride are really CYFACs.
    >
    > yes MBK is the same as Motobecane. Wierd though as there is no K in the French alphabit.
    >
    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Hjalmar Duklæt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]...

    Denmark
    > > > making MBK bikes, but this has nothing to do with Motobecane. See: http://www.mbk-cykler.dk/
    > > > Hjalmar
    > >
    > > http://www.mbk.fr/qui/home.php

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Many mass production companies like the mothership for MBK don't have facilities to build the custom
    bikes necessary for a racing team and they subcontract out the construction. Huffy and Murray
    sponsored the 7-11 Team in the 80's and subcontracted the construction out to Serotta. This is
    standard practice in the industry and means nothing at all. A Cyfac contracted by MBK is an MBK the
    same as if they had two guys in a wholely owned shop of their own building MBK customs.