motor oil and disk brake pads

Grippedclimer

Guest
Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife went ballistic. In the end,
all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor oil; all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor
oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I
cleaned as best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would not work. i
nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to have to
get new ones.

Mike from Albuquerque

"Grippedclimer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife went ballistic. In the end,
> all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor oil; all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor
> oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I
> cleaned as best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would not work. i
> nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to have to get
> new ones.
>
> Mike from Albuquerque

It's definitely time for new pads and a new chick; what a psycho!
--
Slacker

Slacker wrote:
> "Grippedclimer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife went ballistic. In the end,
>>all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor oil; all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor
>>oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I
>>cleaned as best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would not work. i
>>nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to have to get
>>new ones.
>>
>>Mike from Albuquerque
>

> It's definitely time for new pads and a new chick; what a psycho!

As psycho as my ex- is I'm glad I didn't have to go through anything like that. We've remained
friends because I sure wouldn't want her as an enemy!

Greg

"Grippedclimer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife went ballistic. In the end,
| all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor oil; all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor
| oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I
| cleaned as best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would not work. i
| nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to have to get
| new ones.

Post some pictures, then get new pads, then blow a grand on a weekend in Vegas with some cheap
hookers and lots of booze, take lots of pictures, and send those pictures to her (after you move to
a new plce where she can't find you).

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

Grippedclimer wrote:
> Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife went ballistic. In the end,
> all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor oil; all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor
> oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor oil.

Wow, sounds like a an episode fo C.O.P.S. Or someone wne off her Prozac.

> I cleaned as best I could.

a Can of Wurth brake cleaner will do wonders for cleaning metalish stuff

> I went for a ride today

good for you sounds liek you could use it.

> How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads?

way bad.

> I am going to have to get new ones.

Yes

"Grippedclimer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife
went
> ballistic. In the end, all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor
oil;
> all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had
> slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I cleaned
as
> best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would
not
> work. i nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you
brake
> pads? I am going to have to get new ones.
>
> Mike from Albuquerque

This has got my vote for the funniest post of the year, motor oil, GT bike and a cactus. You can't
make up sh*t like that.

"Grippedclimer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife
went
> ballistic. In the end, all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor
oil;
> all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had
> slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I cleaned
as
> best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would
not
> work. i nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you
brake
> pads? I am going to have to get new ones.
>
> Mike from Albuquerque

My ex moved to NM?!? No wonder the birds are singing again...

Bill "police report, restraining order, and THEN the trip to Vegas" S.

In article <[email protected]>, Grippedclimer wrote:
> Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife went ballistic. In the end,
> all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor oil; all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor
> oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I
> cleaned as best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would not work. i
> nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to have to get
> new ones.

Oil fouls the pads. Don't just buy new pads, make sure you soak the rotors in rubbing alcohol to get
any trace amounts of oil off of the rotors. If the rotors still have oil on them, they'll
recontaminate the pads, and you'll have to start over.

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

news:[email protected]...
wrote:
> > Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife
went
> > ballistic. In the end, all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor
oil;
> > all of my climbing gear was soaked in motor oil, and my new GT XC bike
(my
> > baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor oil. I
cleaned as
> > best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would
not
> > work. i nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you
brake
> > pads? I am going to have to get new ones.
>
> Oil fouls the pads. Don't just buy new pads, make sure you soak the rotors in rubbing alcohol to
> get any trace amounts of oil off of the rotors. If the rotors still have oil on them, they'll
> recontaminate the pads, and you'll have to start over.
>
> JS

It wouldn't hurt to take the calipers off and give them a good and thorough clean to remove any
drips or smears of oil too. You don't want to recontaminate new pads.
--
Westie

news:<[email protected]>...
> Slacker wrote:
> > "Grippedclimer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Hi, recently had an epic here at the house where my soon to be x-wife went ballistic. In the
> >>end, all my clothes were slashed and covered in motor oil; all of my climbing gear was soaked in
> >>motor oil, and my new GT XC bike (my baby) I just built had slashed tires and covered in motor
> >>oil. I cleaned as best I could. I went for a ride today and noticed that my brakes would not
> >>work. i nearly crashed in a cactus. How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to
> >>have to get new ones.
> >>
> >>Mike from Albuquerque
> >

> > It's definitely time for new pads and a new chick; what a psycho!
>
> As psycho as my ex- is I'm glad I didn't have to go through anything like that. We've remained
> friends because I sure wouldn't want her as an enemy!
>
> Greg

Gonna get some new pads tomorrow. Heading off to Moab on Friday. I think she might have gotten
Mercury poisoin in her brain from her old tooth fillings! I don't think I will tell her that one.

Peace.

On 07 Apr 2003 03:55:51 GMT, [email protected] (Grippedclimer) wrote:

[snip psycho wife stuff]

>How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to have to get new ones.
>
>Mike from Albuquerque

...and you're worried about new brake pads?

:-]

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:49:59 +0100, "spademan o---[\) *" <[email protected]> wrote:

>This has got my vote for the funniest post of the year, motor oil, GT bike and a cactus. You can't
>make up sh*t like that.

true, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind
:-]

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> On 07 Apr 2003 03:55:51 GMT, [email protected] (Grippedclimer) wrote:
>
> [snip psycho wife stuff]
>

>>How bad does motor oil tweek you brake pads? I am going to have to get new ones.
>>
>>Mike from Albuquerque
>

> ...and you're worried about new brake pads?

Sometimes, the best thing to do is go for a ride.

Alex Ravenel <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >I am going to have to get new ones.
>

> As in a new girlfriend? Thats what you need.

So, y'all read carefully enough to see the bit where he wrote "soon to be ex-wife" then..........

Shaun aRe