Motor pace on public highway

shorty

Apr 5, 2004
I am injured and was thinking of towing a few of the bunch behind my vespa for a bit of a change.

Does anyone know if this is legal in Victoria ? illegal ? cops turn a blind eye ?

cheers

Definitely illegal. Drafting a vehicle for more than 200m, and holding on to a moving vehicle.

I have a friend with a Honda 125cc "Postie Bike", he goes behind his son with the hazzard lights on!! The son rides a racing trike. :cool:

shorty said:
I am injured and was thinking of towing a few of the bunch behind my vespa for a bit of a change.

Does anyone know if this is legal in Victoria ? illegal ? cops turn a blind eye ?

cheers
I have noticed this a few times on the Beach rd mid week, on each occasion the single rider was following closely behind the scooter at a 40-50kph pace. Like the peleton ride when there is no group to follow, expect it gets the legs trained to the race pace, is it legal- no idea.

jur said:
Definitely illegal. Drafting a vehicle for more than 200m, and holding on to a moving vehicle.
Drafting a vehicle for more than 200m??!

Isnt a bicycle classed as a vehicle when it comes to road rules? Therefore any peleton/pack of bikes on an open road that continues for more than 200m is illegal? Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to say?

Ash

a5hi5m said:
Drafting a vehicle for more than 200m??!

Isnt a bicycle classed as a vehicle when it comes to road rules? Therefore any peleton/pack of bikes on an open road that continues for more than 200m is illegal? Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to say?

Ash
yeah yeah .. bad form to reply to my own post.. In vic it does state motor vehicle..

Ash

definately illegal BUT its a hell of a way to get some speed in the legs and aches in the lungs. beach rd is a fav early mornings ie 6am. postie bikes rock!!!