Motorcycle trailer used for a bicycle.

nicoll

Guest
I am considering using a motorcycle trailer for transporting bicycles. Apart
from attaching the bicycles to the trailer is there likely to be any
problems in doing this.

I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a motorbike and
wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

Thanks.

"nicoll" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I am considering using a motorcycle trailer for transporting bicycles.
>Apart from attaching the bicycles to the trailer is there likely to be any
>problems in doing this.
>
> I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a motorbike and
> wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

Just don't go too fast over them speed humps ;-)

--
Matt B

nicoll wrote:

> I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a motorbike and
> wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

It would be a pretty braindead piece of trailer engineering if it
couldn't travel empty (for example, to go and pick up a m/cycle from
somewhere). I don't think I've ever come across any such thing.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Thanks for replies. My thoughts were the suspension on a motorbike trailer
would suit the weight of a motorbike and if a bicycle was used instead the
light weight may mean the suspension doesn't react to the bicycle's weight
and being stiff the bicycle could bounce out of it supports etc and get
jolted a lot. This may not be a problem though.

nicoll wrote:
> I am considering using a motorcycle trailer for transporting
> bicycles. Apart from attaching the bicycles to the trailer is there
> likely to be any problems in doing this.
>
> I'm thinking that the weight of bicycles is much less that a
> motorbike and wonder if the trailer would be too lightly loaded.

My chum Mr. Sleigh has used one to transport a fully-faired recumbent trike,
and I've seen a sailing dinghy trailer used for the transport of a tandem
trike, so I imagine it should not be a problem. Judicious application of
toestraps should prevent bicycles from becoming airborne.

Do not top-post like a Cretinous Foul-Yob fit only for Stoning.