Motorist convicted of attacking cyclists

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:48:16 -0600, Robin Hubert wrote:

<snip>
> ... I swung a road bar (that I happened to be carrying to work)
<snip>

What's a road bar?

(I'm guessing a drop handlebar, or perhaps a piece of metal rod (rebar) used in road construction?
Or something else?)

Doug Kennedy

"Doug Kennedy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 23:48:16 -0600, Robin Hubert wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > ... I swung a road bar (that I happened to be carrying to work)
> <snip>
>
> What's a road bar?
>
> (I'm guessing a drop handlebar, or perhaps a piece of metal rod (rebar) used in road construction?
> Or something else?)

Your first guess is right. I was transporting it from home to work.

Robin Hubert

[email protected] (Pbwalther) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >That's a slap on the wrist.
> >
> >They ought to lock her up and throw away the key.
> >

> I disagree. Keeping people in prison is derned expensive. I think she should pay a stiff fine. She
> should do community service. And they should sentence her to ride across the state on a bicycle.

I think she should just be compelled to, under supervised scrutiny, dismantle her car until no two
pieces are screwed, bolted, friction-fit or otherwise attached to each other. She can think about
what she did while she dismembers the car.

cheers, Tom

### On Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:09:15 GMT, [email protected] (Tom Keats) [TK] casually decided to expound
### upon rec.bicycles.misc the following thoughts about Re: Motorist convicted of attacking
### cyclists:

TK> [email protected] (Pbwalther) wrote in message
TK> news:<[email protected]>...
TK> > >That's a slap on the wrist.
TK> > >
TK> > >They ought to lock her up and throw away the key.
TK> >
TK> > I disagree. Keeping people in prison is derned expensive. I think she should pay a stiff fine.
TK> > She should do community service. And they should sentence her to ride across the state on a
TK> > bicycle.
TK>
TK> I think she should just be compelled to, under supervised scrutiny, dismantle her car until no
TK> two pieces are screwed, bolted, friction-fit or otherwise attached to each other. She can think
TK> about what she did while she dismembers the car.

I hope this guy gets a little bit more stiffer punishment. It looks like two counts of attempted
homocide to me:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2725329.stm

--
| Packet Plumber, Network Engineers /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- | for Effective Bandwidth
| Utilisation / |/ [_ [_ |) |_| N E T W O R K S |