Motorist Sees the Light!!!

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace' started by oilfreeandhappy, May 8, 2006.

  1. The driver pulled his SUV out of the gas station, after spending $70 to
    fill the tank. He entered the roadway, frustrated by the
    bumper-to-bumper traffic, and resigned himself to wait it out. To the
    right, a cyclist zipped by with a T-Shirt that read "Oil-Free and
    Happy". The motorist thought to himself, "There's got to be a better
    way."

    Make a BOLD Statement with Original Artwork "Oil-Free and Happy" and
    "Powered by Sweat" T-Shirts and Embroidered Patches.
    http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/
     
    Tags:


  2. oilfreeandhappy wrote:

    > The driver pulled his SUV out of the gas station, after spending $70 to
    > fill the tank. He entered the roadway, frustrated by the
    > bumper-to-bumper traffic, and resigned himself to wait it out. To the
    > right, a cyclist zipped by with a T-Shirt that read "Oil-Free and
    > Happy". The motorist thought to himself, "There's got to be a better
    > way."
    >
    > Make a BOLD Statement with Original Artwork "Oil-Free and Happy" and
    > "Powered by Sweat" T-Shirts and Embroidered Patches.
    > http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/


    Would not "Gas-Free and Happy" be a more correct expression? After all, all
    bikes need a few drops of oil from time to time... ;-)

    BTW, those T-shirts looks great.

    --
    Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/
     
  3. >Would not "Gas-Free and Happy" be a more correct expression? After all, all
    >bikes need a few drops of oil from time to time... ;-)


    >BTW, those T-shirts looks great.
    >--
    >Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    >http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/


    Thanks for your suggestion.

    We considered the "Gas-Free", but we didn't think it had the correct
    "ring" to it. We consider the few drops of oil a moot point. I
    calculated that, at my current usage, I would have to live to be 176
    years old to use 1 gallon of chain lube. But for the absolute purist,
    there are also the "Powered by Sweat" Ts and patches (and eventually,
    some other future Alternative Transportation items).

    The main point is that these statements provoke thought in passing
    motorists. From my short experience wearing these items (they've only
    been available for 3-4 months), I would say that this is DEFINITELY the
    case.
    ----
    Jim Gagnepain
    http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/
     
  4. dig dug

    dig dug Guest

    who are the cute girls modeling the shirts.

    "oilfreeandhappy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >Would not "Gas-Free and Happy" be a more correct expression? After all, all
    >bikes need a few drops of oil from time to time... ;-)


    >BTW, those T-shirts looks great.
    >--
    >Jørn Dahl-Stamnes
    >http://www.dahl-stamnes.net/dahls/


    Thanks for your suggestion.

    We considered the "Gas-Free", but we didn't think it had the correct
    "ring" to it. We consider the few drops of oil a moot point. I
    calculated that, at my current usage, I would have to live to be 176
    years old to use 1 gallon of chain lube. But for the absolute purist,
    there are also the "Powered by Sweat" Ts and patches (and eventually,
    some other future Alternative Transportation items).

    The main point is that these statements provoke thought in passing
    motorists. From my short experience wearing these items (they've only
    been available for 3-4 months), I would say that this is DEFINITELY the
    case.
    ----
    Jim Gagnepain
    http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/
     
  5. On 8 May 2006 21:15:35 -0700, "oilfreeandhappy"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The driver pulled his SUV out of the gas station, after spending $70 to
    >fill the tank. He entered the roadway, frustrated by the
    >bumper-to-bumper traffic, and resigned himself to wait it out. To the
    >right, a cyclist zipped by with a T-Shirt that read "Oil-Free and
    >Happy". The motorist thought to himself, "There's got to be a better
    >way."
    >
    >Make a BOLD Statement with Original Artwork "Oil-Free and Happy" and
    >"Powered by Sweat" T-Shirts and Embroidered Patches.
    >http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/



    Curious, where are the shirts made, and are the inks plant based or
    oil based?

    thanks,

    tom
     
  6. I certainly don't claim to be 100% oil-free. However, when I commute
    my 8 miles to work, I love to display "Oil-Free and Happy". I think
    it's a great advocacy message that makes a strong statement. For those
    who don't feel comfortable making this claim, even while cycling, I
    also have a "Powered by Sweat" message.

    Like so many in the bike groups, I try to be as oil-free as possible.
    We have one small car for 4 licensed drivers in my family, and it is
    usually with my wife. When grocery shopping, we use canvas bags, and
    purchase bulk, using refillable containers. However, sometimes it's
    impossible to avoid the plastics and other petro products. My
    embroidered patches are packaged in biodegradable cellophane.

    Thanks for asking!
    ---
    Jim Gagnepain
    http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/
     
  7. On 11 May 2006 05:50:50 -0700, "oilfreeandhappy"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I certainly don't claim to be 100% oil-free. However, when I commute
    >my 8 miles to work, I love to display "Oil-Free and Happy". I think
    >it's a great advocacy message that makes a strong statement. For those
    >who don't feel comfortable making this claim, even while cycling, I
    >also have a "Powered by Sweat" message.
    >
    >Like so many in the bike groups, I try to be as oil-free as possible.
    >We have one small car for 4 licensed drivers in my family, and it is
    >usually with my wife. When grocery shopping, we use canvas bags, and
    >purchase bulk, using refillable containers. However, sometimes it's
    >impossible to avoid the plastics and other petro products. My
    >embroidered patches are packaged in biodegradable cellophane.
    >
    >Thanks for asking!


    Ofcourse, every business person likes the chance to plug their
    product.

    :D

    tom




    >---
    >Jim Gagnepain
    >http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/
     
  8. Tom The Great wrote:
    > On 11 May 2006 05:50:50 -0700, "oilfreeandhappy"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I certainly don't claim to be 100% oil-free. However, when I commute
    > >my 8 miles to work, I love to display "Oil-Free and Happy". I think
    > >it's a great advocacy message that makes a strong statement. For those
    > >who don't feel comfortable making this claim, even while cycling, I
    > >also have a "Powered by Sweat" message.
    > >
    > >Like so many in the bike groups, I try to be as oil-free as possible.
    > >We have one small car for 4 licensed drivers in my family, and it is
    > >usually with my wife. When grocery shopping, we use canvas bags, and
    > >purchase bulk, using refillable containers. However, sometimes it's
    > >impossible to avoid the plastics and other petro products. My
    > >embroidered patches are packaged in biodegradable cellophane.
    > >
    > >Thanks for asking!

    >
    > Ofcourse, every business person likes the chance to plug their
    > product.
    >
    > :D
    >
    > tom
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > >---
    > >Jim Gagnepain
    > >http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

    :)
     
Loading...
Loading...