Mottram

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by [email protected], Apr 11, 2006.

  1. The guy's been kicking ass all over the world won another 10K this past
    weekend. Post race he said, "The last 4km is the toughest stretch of
    the course and I let it roll, letting the hills do the work".

    There was no further context. What does this mean in terms of
    strategy, approach & technique?

    btw, he's racing here in nyc at the end of may in a 10k to defend his
    title (set course record last year).

    Tags:

  2. Tony S.

    Tony S. Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The guy's been kicking ass all over the world won another 10K this past
    > weekend. Post race he said, "The last 4km is the toughest stretch of
    > the course and I let it roll, letting the hills do the work".
    >
    > There was no further context. What does this mean in terms of
    > strategy, approach & technique?
    >
    > btw, he's racing here in nyc at the end of may in a 10k to defend his
    > title (set course record last year).

    Yea this guy is a quite talented Aussie. I saw him kicking ass a few times
    on the YES network running show, and I think on the track indoors also. He
    has great range and speed for a big guy. My guess is he was letting the
    hills destroy the others. A really tall guy like him might have an advantage
    coming down the hills? I saw Bekele battling a taller guy at a cross-country
    race in the UK (from Jan '06 I think) and the tall guy gained significant
    ground on every downhill. Of course Bekele's talent won in the end.

    -Tony