Mount Snow DH race vid

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slacker, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Tags:

  2. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > here http://www.hcor.net/video/mtsnow03/mtsnow03_ncs_hcor.mpg The thing is humungous (132mb) and
    > has some pretty gay tunes, but shows
    you what DH'ing on the east coast is all about.

    DH'ing? hell, those look like our XC trails ;)

    > All I can say is I glad I'm on the relatively safe and sane west coast.
    > --
    > Slacker

    My bud Charlie raced on his stinky, and said the 6" just wasn't enough. Every bump he hit he could
    feel the rear of the bike hang up on, and he couldn't soften it up any more or it would bottom out
    all the time. Guess its a good thing he just bought an M1 frame off a pro! He had the frame, but
    didn't have a rear wheel to fit the bike so he couldn't use it.

    Jon Bond

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > here http://www.hcor.net/video/mtsnow03/mtsnow03_ncs_hcor.mpg The thing is humungous (132mb) and
    > > has some pretty gay tunes, but shows
    > you what DH'ing on the east coast is all about.
    >
    > DH'ing? hell, those look like our XC trails ;)
    >
    > > All I can say is I glad I'm on the relatively safe and sane west coast.
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > My bud Charlie raced on his stinky, and said the 6" just wasn't enough. Every bump he hit he could
    > feel the rear of the bike hang up on, and he couldn't soften it up any more or it would bottom out
    > all the time. Guess its a good thing he just bought an M1 frame off a pro! He had the frame, but
    > didn't have a rear wheel to fit the bike so he couldn't use it.
    >
    > Jon Bond

    I must be spoiled up at Big Bear cause I almost have enough travel with my little i-drive (4.5") and
    always thought 7" would be about perfect. After seeing that video I wouldn't settle for anything
    under 10"....on second thought, screw that, it's time to dislodge some boulders and uproot some
    trees http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/new_page_4.htm Now I just need the sac to match ;^ O

    --
    Slacker

  4. Bill Porter

    Bill Porter Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:04:05 -0700, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >here http://www.hcor.net/video/mtsnow03/mtsnow03_ncs_hcor.mpg The thing is humungous (132mb) and
    >has some pretty gay tunes, but shows you what DH'ing on the east coast is all about.
    >
    >All I can say is I glad I'm on the relatively safe and sane west coast.

    Soupy and slick with arm breaker rocks, what a combo. Thanks for passing it along.

    Bill "Ahh, gotta love cable modems" Porter www.mountainbikebill.com

  5. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > The thing is humungous (132mb) and has some pretty gay tunes, but shows
    you what DH'ing on the east coast is all about.

    Damn. The last minute is worth watching the whole thing for.