Mount Vision disc brakes upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Glyn Curtis, May 1, 2003.

  1. Glyn Curtis

    Glyn Curtis Guest

    Probably a dumbass question :) I have a Marin Mount Vision ( I bought the frame set only in '96 (I
    think) ) Obviously it has no rear disc brake mounts. Is their anyway to get any? I have a hope disc
    on the front which is v cool! (Marzocchi Bombers) Cheers to anyone with ideas Glyn

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  3. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Glyn Curtis wrote:
    > Probably a dumbass question :) I have a Marin Mount Vision ( I bought the frame set only in '96 (I
    > think) ) Obviously it has no rear disc brake mounts. Is their anyway to get any? I have a hope
    > disc on the front which is v cool! (Marzocchi Bombers) Cheers to anyone with ideas

    http://www.a2zcomponents.com/ada.htm

    Bear in mind that something like this will only be a compromise and will invalidate your
    frame warranty.

  4. In article <[email protected]>, slacker7 @sbcglobal.net says...
    > "Glyn Curtis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Probably a dumbass question :) I have a Marin Mount Vision ( I bought the frame set only in '96
    > > (I think) ) Obviously it has no rear disc brake mounts. Is their anyway to get any? I have a
    > > hope disc on the front which is v cool! (Marzocchi Bombers) Cheers to anyone with ideas Glyn
    >

    > http://www.therapycomponents.com/BRAKETHERAPY.htm
    > --
    > Slacker

    Interesting they put a Specialized FSR in their example, if he had a Specialized he could just buy
    the Specialized disc brake adapter for $40. I don't know what the 96 mount vision frame looks like,
    you may be able to adapt it.
    --
    _________________________

  5. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "Glyn Curtis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Probably a dumbass question :) I have a Marin Mount Vision ( I bought the frame set only in '96 (I
    > think) ) Obviously it has no rear disc brake mounts. Is their anyway to get any? I have a hope
    > disc on the front which is v cool! (Marzocchi Bombers) Cheers to anyone with ideas

    The conversions are expensive, relatively, and can dork up your frame. Stick with disk in the front,
    Vs in the back. I do it on mine, works great, no hassles. Several others in this ng do too - and are
    happy with the set up.

    Good luck,

    Spider