Mountain Bike for Sale....

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Rabee Aboul-Hou, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

    Tags:

  2. Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
    > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    > Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

    150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....

    Jon Bond

    news:[email protected]fts.edu...

  4. Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
    >>
    >>>Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    >>>Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
    >>>

    >>150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
    >>
    >>Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!

    Wise enough not to buy a *mart bike, with no real information posted about it, from an advertisement
    on a newsgroup not intended for the sale of bicycles....

    plus I still only get one alloy for all my money.

    Jon Bond

  5. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
    > > > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes,
    26"
    > > > Alloy wheels...Unwanted Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
    > > >

    > > 150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
    > >
    > > Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!

    Whatever gave you THAT idea?!?

    (Sorry, Jon :)

    Bill "do they really still make 18-speed 'Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes'???" S.

  6. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    > > Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
    > >

    > 150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....

    "Worst ratio ever."

  7. Sorni wrote:
    > "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]...

    > 26"

    >>>150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
    >>>
    >>>Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!
    >>

    > Whatever gave you THAT idea?!?

    Yeah, damn good question.

    > (Sorry, Jon :)

    For what? I don't get it.... ;)

    > Bill "do they really still make 18-speed 'Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes'???" S.

    Sure, if you put a bash guard in place of the big ring... but something tells me thats not the
    case here....

    Jon Bond

  8. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    > Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

    I could tie it to the back of my car and drag it along the motorway at 80mph.

    Andy Chequer

  9. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > 26"
    > > > >

    > > > 150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
    > > >
    > > > Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!
    >
    > Whatever gave you THAT idea?!?
    >
    > (Sorry, Jon :)
    >
    > Bill "do they really still make 18-speed 'Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes'???" S.

    No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels, cheap twist shifters, things
    that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the picture), slap Xtreem all over
    it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These beasts are destined to spend most
    of their life in a shed.

    HTH

    Shaun aRe

  10. > No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels, cheap twist shifters, things
    > that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the picture), slap Xtreem all
    > over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These beasts are destined to
    spend
    > most of their life in a shed.

    LMMFAO!!! eheaheaheaehehehaehhaehea. Shit man you summed up the world of shite cromo 'Xtreem' bikes
    really well there.

    Small Black Dog

  11. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    > No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels, cheap twist shifters, things
    > that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the picture), slap Xtreem all
    > over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These beasts are destined to
    spend
    > most of their life in a shed.

    In Ipswich they are the staple transport of clueless numpties who ride on pavements (sidewalks, US
    translation), through red lights and in the dark with no lights on, generally being cranked along in
    the small cog/small cog, as they have done since leaving Argos. These people also pedal with their
    heels for some unknown reason. For equally unknown reasons, they seem magnetically drawn towards the
    front wheels of crispy, smoking old LDV minibuses.

    Andy Chequer, White Van Man again (for a limited time only).

  12. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels,
    cheap
    > > twist shifters, things that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the
    > > picture), slap Xtreem all over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These
    > > beasts are destined to
    > spend
    > > most of their life in a shed.
    >
    > LMMFAO!!! eheaheaheaehehehaehhaehea. Shit man you summed up the world of shite cromo 'Xtreem'
    > bikes really well there.

    Cheers SBD - I tells ya, when you seen as many of these things as I have, and had as many stoopit
    eejit fecking little kids on 'em pedal their damned arses off to catch you (usually as you are
    nearing a junction) because you just passed 'em doin' near 30 mph and _without_ 'rear suspension'
    (the horror, the shame!!!!), then 'jump' (read 'thud') off a curb right in front of you, before
    locking up the wheels to avoid the bus coming across the junction and nearly taking you out into the
    bargain, they kinda hold a special place in your heart (deep breath!)......

    Shaun aRe - just 'fettled' one of these things for the g/f's daughter - it had an 's' shaped rear
    wheel (Mallet, feet, hands, fists then a bit of spoke key work to make it a 'viable' wheel - got
    twisted 'thudding' off a curb), one brake block mounted near 90 degrees to the front rim, the others
    all over the place, and the 'mech' limit screws all farted up, loose headset (etsuckingfetera!). It
    is nearly new.....

  13. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Andy Chequer <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:D[email protected]...

    > > No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels,
    cheap
    > > twist shifters, things that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the
    > > picture), slap Xtreem all over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These
    > > beasts are destined to
    > spend
    > > most of their life in a shed.
    >
    > In Ipswich they are the staple transport of clueless numpties who ride on pavements (sidewalks, US
    > translation),

    Samo-samo....

    > through red lights and in the dark with no lights on,

    Uh-huh....

    > generally being cranked along in the small cog/small cog, as they have done since leaving Argos.

    Yep again - usually standing and 'pogoing'.....

    > These people also pedal with their heels for some unknown reason.

    Heheheheh - yeah, now this is funny to see.....

    > For equally unknown reasons, they seem magnetically drawn towards the front wheels of crispy,
    > smoking old LDV minibuses.

    You're aiming at them aren't you?!? ',;~}

    > Andy Chequer, White Van Man again (for a limited time only).

    wanker!!!!!!

    Oh, it wasn't you, was it........

    Shaun aRe

  14. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Hassan Bin Sobah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    > Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

    try rec.bicycles.marketplace

    JD

  15. On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:27:42 +0000, Andy Chequer did issue forth:

    > I could tie it to the back of my car and drag it along the motorway at 80mph.

    Your car does 80mph? <duck>

  16. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    > Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

    Now, WHY would that be an "unwanted gift?"

    Paladin Anybody got a boat?

  17. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:27:42 +0000, Andy Chequer did issue forth:
    >
    > > I could tie it to the back of my car and drag it along the motorway at 80mph.
    >
    > Your car does 80mph? <duck>

    I'll treat that comment like it came from someone who's pregnant with an SJ.

    Andy Chequer

  18. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    Paladin wrote:
    > "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
    >> Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
    >
    > Now, WHY would that be an "unwanted gift?"

    Probably came from an Argos catalogue, or a promo at a garden plants center! Mike