Mountain Bike for Sale....

Rabee Aboul-Hou

Guest
Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
> Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
> Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....

Jon Bond

news:[email protected]...

Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
>>
>>>Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
>>>Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
>>>

>>150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
>>
>>Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!

Wise enough not to buy a *mart bike, with no real information posted about it, from an advertisement
on a newsgroup not intended for the sale of bicycles....

plus I still only get one alloy for all my money.

Jon Bond

"Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Rabee Aboul-Houda wrote:
> > > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes,
26"
> > > Alloy wheels...Unwanted Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
> > >

> > 150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
> >
> > Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!

Whatever gave you THAT idea?!?

(Sorry, Jon :)

Bill "do they really still make 18-speed 'Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes'???" S.

> > Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
> > Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
> >

> 150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....

"Worst ratio ever."

Sorni wrote:
> "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]...

> 26"

>>>150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
>>>
>>>Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!
>>

> Whatever gave you THAT idea?!?

Yeah, damn good question.

> (Sorry, Jon :)

For what? I don't get it.... ;)

> Bill "do they really still make 18-speed 'Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes'???" S.

Sure, if you put a bash guard in place of the big ring... but something tells me thats not the
case here....

Jon Bond

"Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
> Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

I could tie it to the back of my car and drag it along the motorway at 80mph.

Andy Chequer

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]...
> 26"
> > > >

> > > 150 pounds per alloy? Sounds like a ripoff to me....
> > >
> > > Jon Bond I thought you are wiser than that!!!!!!
>
> Whatever gave you THAT idea?!?
>
> (Sorry, Jon :)
>
> Bill "do they really still make 18-speed 'Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes'???" S.

No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels, cheap twist shifters, things
that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the picture), slap Xtreem all over
it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These beasts are destined to spend most
of their life in a shed.

HTH

Shaun aRe

> No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels, cheap twist shifters, things
> that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the picture), slap Xtreem all
> over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These beasts are destined to
spend
> most of their life in a shed.

LMMFAO!!! eheaheaheaehehehaehhaehea. **** man you summed up the world of shite cromo 'Xtreem' bikes
really well there.

Small Black Dog

> No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels, cheap twist shifters, things
> that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the picture), slap Xtreem all
> over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These beasts are destined to
spend
> most of their life in a shed.

In Ipswich they are the staple transport of clueless numpties who ride on pavements (sidewalks, US
translation), through red lights and in the dark with no lights on, generally being cranked along in
the small cog/small cog, as they have done since leaving Argos. These people also pedal with their
heels for some unknown reason. For equally unknown reasons, they seem magnetically drawn towards the
front wheels of crispy, smoking old LDV minibuses.

Andy Chequer, White Van Man again (for a limited time only).

Small Black Dog <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels,
cheap
> > twist shifters, things that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the
> > picture), slap Xtreem all over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These
> > beasts are destined to
> spend
> > most of their life in a shed.
>
> LMMFAO!!! eheaheaheaehehehaehhaehea. **** man you summed up the world of shite cromo 'Xtreem'
> bikes really well there.

Cheers SBD - I tells ya, when you seen as many of these things as I have, and had as many stoopit
eejit fecking little kids on 'em pedal their damned arses off to catch you (usually as you are
nearing a junction) because you just passed 'em doin' near 30 mph and _without_ 'rear suspension'
(the horror, the shame!!!!), then 'jump' (read 'thud') off a curb right in front of you, before
locking up the wheels to avoid the bus coming across the junction and nearly taking you out into the
bargain, they kinda hold a special place in your heart (deep breath!)......

Shaun aRe - just 'fettled' one of these things for the g/f's daughter - it had an 's' shaped rear
wheel (Mallet, feet, hands, fists then a bit of spoke key work to make it a 'viable' wheel - got
twisted 'thudding' off a curb), one brake block mounted near 90 degrees to the front rim, the others
all over the place, and the 'mech' limit screws all farted up, loose headset (etsuckingfetera!). It
is nearly new.....

Andy Chequer <andy@(youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> > No, they make heavy Y shaped POJ, put on cream-cheese alloy wheels,
cheap
> > twist shifters, things that look like derailleur, things that look like brakes (you get the
> > picture), slap Xtreem all over it, then sell the abomination in catalogues or Woolworth's. These
> > beasts are destined to
> spend
> > most of their life in a shed.
>
> In Ipswich they are the staple transport of clueless numpties who ride on pavements (sidewalks, US
> translation),

Samo-samo....

> through red lights and in the dark with no lights on,

Uh-huh....

> generally being cranked along in the small cog/small cog, as they have done since leaving Argos.

Yep again - usually standing and 'pogoing'.....

> These people also pedal with their heels for some unknown reason.

Heheheheh - yeah, now this is funny to see.....

> For equally unknown reasons, they seem magnetically drawn towards the front wheels of crispy,
> smoking old LDV minibuses.

You're aiming at them aren't you?!? ',;~}

> Andy Chequer, White Van Man again (for a limited time only).

******!!!!!!

Oh, it wasn't you, was it........

Shaun aRe

"Hassan Bin Sobah" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
> Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

try rec.bicycles.marketplace

JD

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:27:42 +0000, Andy Chequer did issue forth:

> I could tie it to the back of my car and drag it along the motorway at 80mph.

Your car does 80mph? <duck>

"Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
> Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).

Now, WHY would that be an "unwanted gift?"

Paladin Anybody got a boat?

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 09:27:42 +0000, Andy Chequer did issue forth:
>
> > I could tie it to the back of my car and drag it along the motorway at 80mph.
>
> Your car does 80mph? <duck>

I'll treat that comment like it came from someone who's pregnant with an SJ.

Andy Chequer

Paladin wrote:
> "Rabee Aboul-Houda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Brand New, Boxed, Dual Suspension Mountain Bike, 18 Speed, V-Brakes, 26" Alloy wheels...Unwanted
>> Gift. Any Reasonable Offers..... (RRP 150£).
>
> Now, WHY would that be an "unwanted gift?"

Probably came from an Argos catalogue, or a promo at a garden plants center! Mike