Mountain Bike Hill Training

dtorpey

Dec 10, 2004
I am competing in the MASS (Mid Atlantic Super Series) Mountain Bike Series and need help with a climbing question. I weigh 205 lbs and obviously can't comptete with lighter riders on hills. My question is - is there a mathmatical way to figure out how much faster you can go if you lose x number of pounds? In other words what how much faster can a rider who is 180 lbs go than someone that is 205 assuming the same leg strength, etc.? :mad:

dtorpey said:
I am competing in the MASS (Mid Atlantic Super Series) Mountain Bike Series and need help with a climbing question. I weigh 205 lbs and obviously can't comptete with lighter riders on hills. My question is - is there a mathmatical way to figure out how much faster you can go if you lose x number of pounds? In other words what how much faster can a rider who is 180 lbs go than someone that is 205 assuming the same leg strength, etc.? :mad:
Are you familiar with this site? www.analyticcycling.com

i ride at a place that feels like all you do is climb and i can't hang with some of the lighter guys and i am 177 pounds. my best advice is don't worry about the weight just ride hills ride them twice in a row and just push through it no matter how hard. you will get stonger and prolly loose some weight but also increase climbing tons