Mountain Bike Magazine??

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Alan, Jan 30, 2003.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Does anyone know why they stopped publishing Mountain Bike. I rather enjoyed the magazine and
    thought that it was much better than MBAction. If anything, they should have stopped publishing
    Bicycling.

    alan

    Tags:

  2. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On 30 Jan 2003 09:14:14 -0800, [email protected] (Alan) wrote:

    >Does anyone know why they stopped publishing Mountain Bike. I rather enjoyed the magazine and
    >thought that it was much better than MBAction. If anything, they should have stopped publishing
    >Bicycling.

    I (and I assume many others) just received the following along with the March issue of
    "Bicycling" and a "complimentary" issue of "Mountain Bike". Note that I'm not all that interested
    in mountain biking.

    (Oh Boy...a chance to use my new scanner and OCR software!!!)

    GOOD NEWS, JOHN V EVERETT: You're Getting The Ultimate Ride Package!

    Dear John V Everett:

    Your subscription to Bicycling has been upgraded to our Ultimate Ride Package, which includes 8
    special issues of Mountain Bike. You will now receive BICYCLING magazine along with MOUNTAIN BIKE
    for the remainder of your subscription term -- all for no extra charge!

    We're offering you this special Ultimate Ride Package because of your interest in mountain biking.

    Beginning with the March 2003 issue, MOUNTAIN BIKE will be offered only as part of the Ultimate Ride
    Package. As mentioned above, because of your interest in mountain biking, you will automatically
    receive the Ultimate Ride Package for the remainder of your subscription. You'll be getting more of
    the cycling info you crave for no additional charge!

    This Ultimate Ride Package is our way of better serving our subscribers and we're confident it will
    help YOU get more out of your riding passion. The new and improved BICYCUNG magazine includes
    expanded mountain bike coverage (and a new column from the almighty Zap!) so crack open your first
    issue and satisfy your craving.

    If you wish to renew your subscription at this time, simply detach and mail the form above to renew
    for another year and you'll get 11 issues of BICYCLING along with 8 action-packed issues of MOUNTAIN
    BIKE. All for one low price.

    See you on the trails!

    Nicholas Freedman Publisher

    Should you have any questions regarding your subscription or the Ultimate Ride Package, please
    contact our helpful customer service department toll-free at 1-800-666-2806.

  3. no

    no Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Alan <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Does anyone know why they stopped publishing Mountain Bike. I rather enjoyed the magazine and
    >thought that it was much better than MBAction. If anything, they should have stopped publishing
    >Bicycling.

    Probably decreasing subscriptions and decreasing advertising. I'm not sure how Bike magazine stays
    in business since they have even less advertising.

    Ken

  4. Alan

    Alan Guest

    > Probably decreasing subscriptions and decreasing advertising. I'm not sure how Bike magazine stays
    > in business since they have even less advertising.

    I actually thought they were doing the best of the major magazines. Strange...

    alan

  5. They now only sell them as subscriptions and sell them both together
    (w/bicycling)

  6. Alan

    Alan Guest

    > They now only sell them as subscriptions and sell them both together
    > (w/bicycling)

    Is it still monthly?

    alan

  7. Sj

    Sj Guest

    According to the letter I received, "...renew for another year and you'll get 11 issues of BICYCLING
    along with 8 action-packed issues of MOUNTAIN BIKE."

    The price is $13.97 pus $2.97 delivery for a total of $16.94 USD. Not bad if you like either or both
    mags. I was impressed with the quality of the articles in this issue of Bicycling. I've never been
    impressed by anything in the MB mag, except for some of the amazing ads.
    --
    SJ

    "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > (w/bicycling)
    > >
    > Is it still monthly?
    >
    > alan

  8. Jonpeace

    Jonpeace Guest

    >Does anyone know why they stopped publishing Mountain Bike

    Yesterday I got my subscrption to Bicycling, and it included a copy of Mountain Bike. An insert
    said that they are being combined into something like Ultimate Bicycling or something like that.

  9. Isaacs

    Isaacs Guest

    That "$2.97 for delivery" is purely a scam from Rodale Press. How, precisely, would one subscribe to
    a magazine without delivery? Is this just an "option" they offer? Are there other options?

    HMI

    On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:39:05 -0500, SJ wrote (in message
    <[email protected]>):